cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller performance not updating

red_daredevil
Adventurer

Can anybody explain whats going on here? Today is supposed to be the seller evaluation but my seller performance rating is still saying below standard. It looks like they skipped the July 20 evaluation. It’s making no sense: 

Current seller level
Below Standard
As of Jun 21, 2019

If we evaluated you today
Your seller level would beAbove Standard
Next evaluation on Aug 20, 2019
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pburn wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

So in retrospect, the evaluations seem to have happened at different times to different users throughout the day ... almost as if they were done in smaller batches by a job scheduler that took many hours to complete. 

And that's probably how it happens every single month. It's just that either no one notices, or they are already aware that it could update any time of day, or they don't start a thread about it.

To the OP: @red_daredevil

Please come back and let us know whether your evaluation updated on July 20 or if some kind of problem caused yours to still not update.

The update occurred late in the evening, around 11 pm, which is still ridiculous. It took ebay virtually all day to conduct and update that should’ve happened no later than 12:01 on the day of. Incompetence on the part of eBay. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 73 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

@red_daredevil 

Hi, you made me look at mine...you are correct...what is going on? My last "evaluation" also says June 21 with the next being August. Just another of many glitches now. I will go over to the Tech Board and alert someone over there. Thanks for posting this to the Seller Board.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Wait a day ... it is still July 20.

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Wait a day ... it is still July 20.

or at least a few more hours.

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Mine never updates until late in the evening, so I usually wait until the 21st to look.

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

@fern*wood 

Hi, Fern. The point here is on your dashboard it is skipping the month of July...I know to wait til almost end of day to see the updates, but the dash always says "you were last evaluated on XX, your next eval is (the following month). They have skipped July 20.

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

I see what you are saying.  I still imagine it will all update by tomorrow...or we can chalk it up to another glitch.

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

@red_daredevil wrote:

Can anybody explain whats going on here? Today is supposed to be the seller evaluation but my seller performance rating is still saying below standard. It looks like they skipped the July 20 evaluation. It’s making no sense:

So to recap ..

You are set to be evaluted on July 20th, and because they have not update all of the millions of eBay sellers by 5:30 AM eBay local time you are concluding that they have "skipped the July 20 evaluation". 

wow. 

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

I work for a software company that uses a system of job schedulers, job queues, and job processorsfor tasks like this. We have dozens of job queues and thousands of jobs, each with a priority assigned by the scheduler. A job like this would have fairly low priority - i.e. background jobs that only run when nothing of greater priority comes along. And it would actually be processed as thousands of small jobs with each job handling a chunk of sellers. Some of our tasks like this take 12 hours to complete. 

Anyone who has requested a PayPal transaction download has seen something similar. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the report to show up, and sometimes it is not available for many hours. 

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

Tagging - mine has now updated showing the July 20th evaluation - everyone should check out their seller level as it should have updated.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

@tunicaslot 

Hey...not mine. Still says last evaluated June 21 with next one due August 20...have refreshed, done the cookie thing. No eval for July. 

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@red_daredevil wrote:

Current seller level
Below Standard
As of Jun 21, 2019

It IS the 20th.  It is a big site with lots and lots of sellers.  You just need to give the system time to update.

If you look closely at the words on your dashboard it TELLS you that your status as of June 21st is Below Standard.  That is your CURRENT status.

It also tells you if you were eval'd TODAY what your status would be.  But you need to keep in mind that the eval that is going on today, that you are waiting for, are the results as of July 31st [not today].  

The dashboard is telling you the information it has at this time.  You just need to wait for Ebay to complete the eval that is happening today across the site and then update the Dashboards of all the sellers for the results of today's eval for the period ending July 31st.

01.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@fern*wood 

Hi, Fern. The point here is on your dashboard it is skipping the month of July...I know to wait til almost end of day to see the updates, but the dash always says "you were last evaluated on XX, your next eval is (the following month). They have skipped July 20.

It isn't "skipping" anything.  It is processing the information.  You just need to be patient.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@red_daredevil wrote:

Current seller level
Below Standard
As of Jun 21, 2019

I see exactly what your concern is here and it's just another example of how a simple thing can become an issue or concern, due to eBay not doing something "simple."

Here it's all in the software coding, as to what will be displayed. 

Clearly July 20th hasn't concluded yet, but the info/message should be clearer. 

Stating:  "Next evaluation on Aug 20, 2019" is what seems to have caused the confusion.  I would also be concerned if I saw this.

Hopefully the system will update later today and your Seller Performance Rating will update correctly.  Let us know?

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@red_daredevil wrote:

So to recap ..

You are set to be evaluted on July 20th, and because they have not update all of the millions of eBay sellers by 5:30 AM eBay local time you are concluding that they have "skipped the July 20 evaluation". 

wow. 

I would conclude the same thing based on the message stating the next evaluation is on Aug. 20, 2019.  (see my other post here)

Message 15 of 73
latest reply