cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge November 2018 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

October Thread Here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-October-2018/m-p/29034645#M1295879

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

My friend buys for her friend that has a brick and mortar store and sells on ebay so this way she can have the fun of buying stuff and not having to unload it or sell it. Gives us a fun hobby of going to auctions. Sadly we both love glass even though it does not sell very well. But if it is cheap enough someday it will sell.

So glad your interview went well hope the job part comes quickly and is a good one.
Message 61 of 160
latest reply

My better half know what it was right away when I told her it was a pot filler. She evidently has watched a cooking show or a thousand.
Message 62 of 160
latest reply

Thanks SUNNY!
My penny buyer just cancelled the order. LOL. He has almost 50 fb and has left 5, the last 2, NEGS, so ADIOS. Another BBL entry, that's 2 in the last week.
Message 63 of 160
latest reply

And fun for you too, to have an auction buddy.
lol Kyal, one or a thousand cooking shows...
Message 64 of 160
latest reply

Sun, the fun of buying without the chore of selling sounds like a pretty good gig. Of course there's no money to be made that way.

Pat, if I used a 'new' page for printing labels I didn't notice. It looked familiar. I know there was a place to change the date but I didn't need it. I paid/printed Monday night and it plugged in today's date.

Speaking of shipping, I did a burrito wrap abound a few Corning Ware Sidekicks and shipped in a padded envelope. Fingers crossed that they arrive in one piece. I'm not too worried. Was kind of hoping they would ship closer to home so I could upgrade to a box. But, no, they're going to Cali.

M*M, sounds like the interview process is going well if they had you come in to meet the residents.
Bummer about the pennies cancelling.

Message 65 of 160
latest reply

@kyal wrote:
dtex, you can't fix stupid.

ding, ding, ding, wwck.  Not ONLY was the power connector clearly visible.  The box included the INSTRUCTIONS with a PICTURE of how to connect the power cord.....   sigh....   Bless her heart.....

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 66 of 160
latest reply

LOL; and here I thought "bless her/his heart" was purely a Southern thing. I guess it's universal for "what a doofus".
Message 67 of 160
latest reply

Sun, I see where it says at the top right, to click to go back to Classic, but when I click it, it says page not responding every single time..

& I scrolled all the way down on the new page & there is No Place to change the shipping date

Very frustrating. 

Message 68 of 160
latest reply

about in the center of the page under where you put in the size of your box. you choose the date.
Message 69 of 160
latest reply

@kyal wrote:
LOL; and here I thought "bless her/his heart" was purely a Southern thing. I guess it's universal for "what a doofus".

It's mainly a southern thing, but there are many of us that have listened to comedian Aaron Wilburns explaination of that southernism.

Message 70 of 160
latest reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY98Buu22rA

Message 71 of 160
latest reply

LOL @ link above. Funny.

Pat, sorry your shipping page isn't working right.
What browser do you use? Maybe try a different one.

Shipped another package today, and have one out of two auctions ending today with a bid. Though I do have a spread of junque on the table, there is actually space opening up in some of my storage areas.

Does ebay run free listing specials every month or is it still hit or miss?
I have 500 free for November so I will relist what doesn't sell as 30-day fixed price. I wasn't going to pay for listings for non-sellers. Kind of looked forward to purging some stuff but free is free.

Message 72 of 160
latest reply

I think those specials are hit or miss. I got the 500 freebies also but it's been a while since I got that one (usually 50 and not 500); I will probably use around 100 of them (they end today).
Message 73 of 160
latest reply

(they end today)

How did I forget that part?
Oh well, I'll see how many I can list in the next hour before I have to leave.
Message 74 of 160
latest reply

I check my ebay messages every day, evidently when I saw one from them I ignored it.   Could be...but that's not like me so when I went to activate the offer, it was expired. They have a history of these offers not always given to everyone.

WOW Survivor was good.  Sorry to see John go. I bet Dan's not happy about that one, giving up his idol for (talk about a manipulator) Angelina and losing John in the process. I hope she's NEXT. 

Message 75 of 160
latest reply