cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge November 2018 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

October Thread Here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-October-2018/m-p/29034645#M1295879

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Thanks for the new thread.
Happy November.
Message 2 of 160
latest reply

I found these today.

DSCN0221.JPG 

DSCN0232.JPG

Message 3 of 160
latest reply

My aunt reminded me I quit buying Christmas stuff, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Speaking of Christmas. I got these awhile back.

Pat, if you're around, these are up your alley. They are marked West Germany, but the topper on one set is plastic, which makes me think they aren't that old. I don't know that they are in the correct boxes. Actually I think the second set are a mixed lot. Condition is so-so. Are they worth listing?

DSCN0278.JPG

DSCN0283.JPG

Message 4 of 160
latest reply

Look worth listing to me Kay.

MM thanks for the new thread.
Message 5 of 160
latest reply

Hi Kids! You're welcome, Kay and Sun and all.  

Sorry I didn't put an OP on but yesterday-I had to get out of here, cabin fever already, but no snow to worry about, although it started getting iffy on my way home, was starting to rain, seemed quite heavy...It's chilly here and been dark and rainy all day. Just went to visit my old friend down on the river. We played cribbage, only one game. I won so we'll play again I'm sure. She had the board out when I arrived. It was my dad's birthday yesterday and he played cribbage a LOT, and with one of Cindy's old friends, too, so that was a nice tribute to him and a fun afternoon. 

Those are very cute xmas balls, Kay! lol at your aunt HAHAHA, she should know better by now LOL

I'd take from the top box  the three that kind of look more alike to the three on the bottom (minus the two gold ones and one with red), but if the tops matching matter to you, maybe not.  Do the boxes have decorative covers at all?  

I had some gorgeous oversize W Germ. beauts a few years ago and could never sell them. I have no idea why. WEIRD.  I guess it's just not my thang. I have sold quite a few before that but the packing shipping always freaks me out with worrying about them breaking...I can't remember getting rid of them, bet I still have them packed away in the basement. 

How's the weather out there Sun? Did y'all dry out yet?

Message 6 of 160
latest reply

Relisted earlier...I was going to take some pics today but it's so dark in here, forget it. That would just be frustrating. I can see it now. 

Message 7 of 160
latest reply

Thank you for the new shiny Jill

Have been busy all day & this is the 1st time I've been able to come up for air 😉

Message 8 of 160
latest reply

Cute Ornies Kay.  Yes, the W. German aren't as old as the ones that have old, metal, somtimes rusty caps on them, but they should still sell well for you.  Just put Vintage in your title..

I see on the 2 Shiny Brite Ornies they have tinsel on the inside.  At least that's what it looks like.  Make sure you mention Tinsel in your title, if that's what it is.

Have been busy all day w/ended auctions.  Finally caught up....

Now I have to get something out for dinner for tonight & also clean my Ebay table from the mess I made while getting things wrapped...  Always something to get done around here it seems...

& when did they change the shipping page?  Heck of a time of year to change things around... 

Well, poof for now ! 

Message 9 of 160
latest reply

Almost forgot to mention to you Kay, in case you didn't know.

The Black Peppery stuff on those one ornies is called Mica..

Ok... Poof !

Message 10 of 160
latest reply

Thanks for the tips.

M*M, matching caps was what made me group the first box together.

Pat, yes, on the tinsel, didn't even think of that as a keyword.

The red box is in good condition, the gold box not so much, cellophane is torn and plastic insert is scrunched.

DSCN0280.JPGDSCN0285.JPG

Message 11 of 160
latest reply

M*M, nice that you got out for an afternoon visit with your friend. I never played cribbage. Just skimmed rules (on Wikipedia). Sounds like fun.

Message 12 of 160
latest reply

I've taught several people how to play cribbage over the years.

Finally got back into the auction scene yesterday and today after a nine-week hiatus. Best stuff I got was a bunch of Transformer toys and several assembled GI Joe toys (and the previous owned kept the original boxes) from the '80's. I had a blast catching up with my picker friends!
Message 13 of 160
latest reply

Kyal, bet it feels great to be back to the auction scene. Nine weeks is a long time. I hope that means you are feeling well and in tip-top shape. Sounds like a nice score with the Transformers and GI Joe toys.

Message 14 of 160
latest reply

It is dark and icky here too    MM.     Kind of drippy on and off everyday.    I am hoping for some sunshine today.    Lots of wind out there right now.   Maybe the sun can get above those clouds.    Not very nice weather.    Dusting of snow yesterday also.  

Prices were so high at the auction that I didn't get anything.   Wow people were crazy.   They spent lots of dough on Saturday.    Must have been a rich crowd.   I know some of the buyers were relatives of the Estate that was being sold.    Even the second ring stuff was going so high.   But there are lots of other sales coming so there will be other chances. 

Message 15 of 160
latest reply