cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales have dropped

I am continually sending out offers on eligible items and I list new items regularly yet my sales have dropped considerably in the last month.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I can usually count on a few sales daily, now I’m lucky if I get a few sales weekly.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Sales have dropped

@coolections wrote:

Looking at your completed listings I see no drop at all. Fairly consistent for the last 3 months. Do you have another account that has that drop in sales you speak of?

I was just going to say, OP's sales not only look to be remarkably consistent, but they actually had more sales in April than they did in either February or March.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

@annadryl  „The OP never complained about fees, they are having slow sales. Buyers have nothing to do with fees and fees have nothing to do with the question.”

The OP complained about sales and so no sales or less sales are caused by high fees thrown on sellers and prices being raised in turn. If the fees were less the prices would be lower and the buyer would be able to afford to spend more and buy more. Ok?

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

Then don’t respond to me that you mean to type general. I almost thought you have some grievance to me. I am not an investor and don’t care about stock price and Amazon. I sell here and care about how frequent fees raising affects prices of goods and in turn  lack of buyers who move to spend on marketplaces locally where sellers don’t have to pay fees and so the merechebdize is more affordable. Ebay wants to compete with FB then they should drop the fees.  How much do you think I can raise the price on my items before the items become unaffordable to buyer? Before buyer declares that they can do without it?

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

Sales have to do mostly by one thing prices.  And I am like you even with lower prices the item still will not sell. I agree it is fluster rating.  But I continue to stick like you to old deal sell the best.  My deal is to just list the item at my lowest price and keep rolling. Not send offers a lot up the price on the item to make the buyer think they are getting a better deal. My problem is like I sell items over and over only make a little over $ 5 on them, But byer pays over $14. The real answer to slow sales.  It is simple. Sellers have to charge so much because of high postage fees and more fees from e bay then a tax and another tax. Other say what do fees have to do with slow sales it is not all but dose effect. If e bay would do the minus fees on postage then prices could drop. Attract piles of new sellers etc. I know a buck dose not sound like much. But I bet I would sell a lot more 1 lb. listings for $13   or $ 11.99 attracts more buyers than $ 12.99. But I do the best I can. Keep plugging at it. Just send the lowest offer you can you will get buyers.  I really do not think eBay will never cut fees or give back the e bay bucks that was attracting new buyers.  Hope you and all that read this the very best. 

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

I think people are shopping more in stores now that it is safer to go out. Also, money is tighter now becuase of gas and other inflationary goods. Even Amazon had a huge loss this first quarter, some of it had to do with their reliance on gas and some stock market declines. Ebay warned it’s stockholders that the first quarter was going to be rough as well because of many current issues. The war  and what Poo Poo is going to pull next is to say the least is frightening. God help and bless us all.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

The OP complained about sales and so no sales or less sales are caused by high fees thrown on sellers 

@partfinds 

That is only a small reason why buyer's do not buy from you. Buyers hardly even notice anything you keep bringing up. If they want your stuff they will buy it.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I count 54 sales in April and 46 sales in March. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I think people are shopping more in stores now that it is safer to go out. Also, money is tighter now becuase of gas and other inflationary goods. Even Amazon had a huge loss this first quarter, some of it had to do with their reliance on gas and some stock market declines. Ebay warned it’s stockholders that the first quarter was going to be rough as well because of many current issues. The war  and what Poo Poo is going to pull next is to say the least is frightening. God help and bless us all.

Yes.  I know I am shopping more at a physical store and lately at thrift stores and consignment stores to see if i can resource it that way before shelling out moola for new/new things we need.  Gas here has came down a little, but not much yet.  And my 1st quarter statements for out retirement accts, 401ks and mutual funds were all down.  Afraid to look at how much "more" down they are as we enter May.

Our sales are pretty steady right now - but you are correct, our AZ sales are way down in April vs Jan-Mar numbers.  Was spoiled for the longest time on that site and slowly, it is not much better than here some days (this week a total of 23 sales - in Feb, we were doing over 35 sales per day).

Wish there was a way (an easy one) to know what other Sellers (who are community members) sell so we could all shop with friendly folks if they were selling something we needed.  Realize it is not possible, but would be handy and a "win-win" in times like these.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

There are plenty of shoppers out there. However, the shoppers are being very selective & being a bit careful with their spending. 

Hang in there!

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

That is a problem. We cannot keep jacking up these prices on here and expect many sales. 

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Yes correct but ebay has a budget they have to make as well so the inflation issues and all this turmoil in the world will impact the website and the sellers. Amazon is in an even worse positionbecause  they have heavy overhead with all their employees working in all their distribution centers all their delivery trucks requiring gas etc. Ebay by comparison has much fewer operating expenses except the huge salaries they pay their executives.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I read somewhere also that Ebay relies on their seller fees to keep things rolling. I am rolling my eyes if they have to raise fees to compensate for this quarter. I will be steadily having to raise prices on my items and that would be futile currently with the economy.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

When I see threads like this, "sales have dropped" & the like, I always check the poster's listings to see what they are selling.

95% of the time they have the same items as others who post complaining of dropping sales. Clothing, glass items, cute ceramic animals & figurines, mugs,  home decor items, trinkets.

That leads me to believe that eBay is super saturated with items like, & that the people who buy those items already have homes full of them & don't need any more.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Correct, overly saturated items will feel the hit even harder, especially for goods such as this.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

welcome to no sales, me too.

Message 30 of 39
latest reply