cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new listing tool strikes again...

I'm trying to list an item but because the UPC is not in whatever tool Ebay uses to lookup UPCs, I can't list it? I just see item not found and it plugs in the UPC for a product that's not what I'm trying to list. No option to request an add to the item catalog like there used to be.

One of these days, Ebay is going to start listening to sellers - hopefully it's before a majority have left the platform for greener pastures. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@newlifece wrote:

I'm trying to list an item but because the UPC is not in whatever tool Ebay uses to lookup UPCs, I can't list it? I just see item not found and it plugs in the UPC for a product that's not what I'm trying to list. No option to request an add to the item catalog like there used to be.

One of these days, Ebay is going to start listening to sellers - hopefully it's before a majority have left the platform for greener pastures. 

They first line says:

"tell us what you are selling" and is that  where you are trying to put the UPC?

In the past there has been an option below that to start a listing without using the UPC. If that doesn't exist then here is a workaround.

Bring up an existing listing and click "save as template". Then when you go to list you will see the "tell us what you are selling" and below that will be a block "saved templates". Click that and make whatever changes you want to that template. Then you can list it from there without the problem you have mentioned.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Most of the products I sell don't have UPCs. What happens when you leave that spot blank? Can you enter Not Applicable (N/A)?

If you have a UPC that eBay won't accept, but you think your customers will be looking for it, put it in your Description , which is Searchable.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just type Does Not Apply in the UPC field, problem solved. It will then state not found, just ignore it and continue along with your listing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When you try to leave the UPC, I plug in a model number and it plugs in a UPC and model number for a similar model - for instance, the 20W Apple Adapter has a new model and UPC number and when you put in the UPC it says not found if you plug in the model it "looks like it takes it" but it reverts the UPC and then removes the model number and matches it to the UPC it plugs in.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply