cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales have dropped

I am continually sending out offers on eligible items and I list new items regularly yet my sales have dropped considerably in the last month.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I can usually count on a few sales daily, now I’m lucky if I get a few sales weekly.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Sales have dropped

I typically average 1-2 sales a day. Vintage ephemera and such - items that sit a while and I expect that.

However, I have not had a sale in 6 days. Very unusual.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

I wish my sales only "dropped."  I use the word 'plummet.'  12 sales in April.  2 in the last 1/3 of the month.  Rebooting my flea market situation & try that on this measly site.  The "megagoliath" is no more.   For the "nobody wants your stuff" crowd.   Just because YOU don't want it, that does not mean a buyer will spot it during the rotation when it is their turn to see it.  🙂

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

yes its bad.. and its not seasonal , compared to last yr im down 45% , but nothing has changed , and many items are listed for the same price.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Bro, this is a very hard time, and could get worse, if war will not end. In April i maked the 40% of the total respect March, and i feel that May will go worse, maybe the 10-20% respect March. I see the drop of unique visitors since 28 March, 4 times less (for example from an average of 100 visitors to 20). I removed the store subscription and reduced the auctions by 80%, there was very few offerers and money lost.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if they have Pokemon cards and sneakers. Seriously, you're always talking down to people here, instead of helping them. Please, cut it out. These folks don't need smarmy, condescending comments, they need help. JUST HELP. I mean, really, if you can't say anything nice, please leave.

Go ahead, send me a pig's mask and spiders. 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

I've been on eBay over 10 years and this is the worst year in sales I've had to date. I sold ONE item in all of April. But then again, I'm not doing nearly as much shopping on here anymore, either. EBay is not a good place to do business anymore.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

I agree, EBAY is no longer viable for me and has caused me more heartache and grief. I sell as a hobby because I enjoy the hunt for an item that I can flip for a profit. I find that there are more  scammers disguised as buyers and they are absolutely relentless in their demands and threats. I don’t take kindly to this and therefore I have received more negative feedback in the past 2 months (4) than I have in the past 16 years (none). I feel as though they buy knowing that they will either threaten you with negative feedback in hopes of receiving a refund, or sending back an item that was not the one that they received. EBay stands back and favors a brand new buyer with 0 feedbacks and ignores my cries of fraud. I have removed all my items and once my shipped items are received without hassle, my account doors will be closed forever. I can no longer take this asinine approach from EBay and therefore choose to move on. I’m done. 

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Good Morning! I have 4 eBay accounts (one store plus 3 other accounts for lower priced things). I have noticed on this account (deep_purple_katharine_3) I have not received a single sale for a month, coinciding with the changing of my page views to a 30 day count. This is the only account which has changed the algorithm thus far. Although I have never had high sales (usually 2-3 per week on each account) this is the first time no sales on an account for a whole month. My other accounts are behaving normally, and yes, sales are 

slow. I attribute it to the uncertain times and the inflation we are living with right now.  However, I am concerned that eBay uses the view counts as part of the placement algorithm. This is discouraging.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Hello littlehouseofplenty

My Husband And I Have Noticed The Same, Since Ebay Separated From Paypal And Dropped The Basic Monthly Fees.......We Also Noticed Since They Added The Promote It Option (Which We Do Not Do).

We Only Sold 1 Item In The Past 100 Days.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply