cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS SHOULD DEMAND PROMOTIONAL BANNERS BE RETURNED TO TOP OF LISTINGS

If it's not broken, don't fix it.  Ebay, stop playing games with sellers' businesses! 

Ebay recently moved promotional banners to the bottom of listings when they use to be near the top where buyers could easily see them.  This not only encouraged increased buying but also gave the buyer other options if they weren't interested in buying the listing they were looking at, thus increasing potential sales.  

Moving seller promotional banners to the bottom of listings is useless to both buyers and sellers as very few people scroll down that far.

Sellers must demand their banners be returned to the top along with the headlines above the image!  Let the buyer see again.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: SELLERS SHOULD DEMAND PROMOTIONAL BANNERS BE RETURNED TO TOP OF LISTINGS

i wholeheartedly agree with this. buyers rarely read the item desprition alone better yet scroll down to the very bottom of the page which is jumbled in with a whole bunch of other stuff. Not only is this difficult to see, it is not clear that you have a prootion. I offer 20% off 3 items or more and very rare do i get a sale using this promoton. Ebay, Please make this more visible to buyers!!!!

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

The best way I know to make your voice heard is to just NOT use Promotions of any kind until the actual promotion is viewable on the Top Fold of the page.

I will not be using Markdown Manager or Promoted Listings for anything until I can be assured that viewers know my item is discounted or on promotion when they FIRST load my listing ... not hidden at the bottom of the page , never to be seen by most potential buyers, who do not even bother to read the description, much less scroll to the bottom of the page ... where eBay SHOWS THEIR ADS.

I seem to recall there being a sale banner (think it was green) in the corner of the gallery photo in search at one time as well which appears to have been banished.

God forbid anyone should actually KNOW you're running a sale.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 17 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

By the time ebay hears our pleas the banner will either be on the side, in the middle or gone.

They hear us, they just don't care. 

Forgive them, for they know not what they do. Literally.

wrote:

wrote:

The best way I know to make your voice heard is to just NOT use Promotions of any kind until the actual promotion is viewable on the Top Fold of the page.

I will not be using Markdown Manager or Promoted Listings for anything until I can be assured that viewers know my item is discounted or on promotion when they FIRST load my listing ... not hidden at the bottom of the page , never to be seen by most potential buyers, who do not even bother to read the description, much less scroll to the bottom of the page ... where eBay SHOWS THEIR ADS.

I seem to recall there being a sale banner (think it was green) in the corner of the gallery photo in search at one time as well which appears to have been banished.

God forbid anyone should actually KNOW you're running a sale.

Remember, an item on sale = less FVF's for ebay ............

Why did they move it?

Message 20 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

Why did they move it?

See my post right above yours.

Why did they move it? They say they moved it because testing showed it was more effective there. I think they moved it because they are redesigning the ebay store templates and this will be part of the redesign.

But that's just me, reading between the lines so to speak.
Message 22 of 54
latest reply

Yes, apparently testing showed an increase in sales when ebay shows them other sellers' items BEFORE they even see that there's a promotion for the item they clicked on. Increased revenue for ebay when they direct buyers away from our promotions items.

Message 23 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

If it's not broken, don't fix it.  Ebay, stop playing games with sellers' businesses! 

Ebay recently moved promotional banners to the bottom of listings when they use to be near the top where buyers could easily see them.  This not only encouraged increased buying but also gave the buyer other options if they weren't interested in buying the listing they were looking at, thus increasing potential sales.  

Moving seller promotional banners to the bottom of listings is useless to both buyers and sellers as very few people scroll down that far.

Sellers must demand their banners be returned to the top along with the headlines above the image!  Let the buyer see again.

I don't understand this either.    Now most buyers won't even know sellers are running promotions unless they scroll down.   Maybe eBay thinks that moving it to below the description will be a "reward" for reading the item description.     What I refuse to do is add any more to my sellers notes or listings to point out to buyer's that I'm running a sale.    Yes, buyers should be reading everythign (but we know that many don't).   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 24 of 54
latest reply

i agree, put the banner back where it used to be. it is very pointless to have a promotion, when nobody knows about it.....ts, ts, ts.....what were they thinking!

Message 25 of 54
latest reply

How many sellers on this forum can we get to agree to this???

Ebay should have consulted with the selling community first before changing this.

Keeping this discussion alive until Ebay returns promotional banners to the top of listings WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.

Message 26 of 54
latest reply

Bottom line, eBay will do whatever it wants, whether it makes sense or not.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 27 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

How many sellers on this forum can we get to agree to this???

Ebay should have consulted with the selling community first before changing this.

Keeping this discussion alive until Ebay returns promotional banners to the top of listings WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.

I have removed all listings with Markdowns and/or Promotions and also deleted all previous stored references to promotions and/or markdowns.

I refuse to be part of eBay's attempt to direct buyers to the bottom of listings by moving the Promotions Banner to the bottom where eBay shows their ADS.

Sheesh ... talk about SLEAZY Marketing.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 28 of 54
latest reply

As a buyer I thought sellers had stopped doing promotions.  The higher ups at Ebay are complete morons

Message 29 of 54
latest reply

Apparently under Ebay's terms and conditions under paragraph 4.8:

"eBay retains the sole discretion to decide where on the eBay site cross-promotional offers will be displayed to buyers, if at all, and to explain to buyers, in any manner of its choosing and in any location on the eBay site, what cross-promotional offers are and how they operate. eBay also retains the sole discretion to display or not to display any or all of your inventory as part of a cross-promotional offer, for any reason, with or without notice to you, as well as the discretion to display or promote the inventory of other sellers on any part of the eBay site as it so chooses, including the View Item page for any of your listings."

To see more:

Ebay Terms and Conditions Regarding Promotional Pricing

So, all we can do is ASK Ebay to PLEASE put promotional items back to the top of listings for the sake of sellers.

Message 30 of 54
latest reply