cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS SHOULD DEMAND PROMOTIONAL BANNERS BE RETURNED TO TOP OF LISTINGS

If it's not broken, don't fix it.  Ebay, stop playing games with sellers' businesses! 

Ebay recently moved promotional banners to the bottom of listings when they use to be near the top where buyers could easily see them.  This not only encouraged increased buying but also gave the buyer other options if they weren't interested in buying the listing they were looking at, thus increasing potential sales.  

Moving seller promotional banners to the bottom of listings is useless to both buyers and sellers as very few people scroll down that far.

Sellers must demand their banners be returned to the top along with the headlines above the image!  Let the buyer see again.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Move promotions back to the top.

I second this , Do I hear a third?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 2 of 54
latest reply

By the time ebay hears our pleas the banner will either be on the side, in the middle or gone.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

I thought this was just a glitch or something when I notic d on my listings. Yes I totally agree with you guys here. Bring it back up top, even above the title of the listing if you can.

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Add me to the list of sellers totally disillusioned by this. Ebay's official line was that "initial testing showed an increase in sales when promotional info was moved below the description".

Not sure what kind of manipulative testing ebay ran, but I'm not buying it.

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

Add me to the list of sellers totally disillusioned by this. Ebay's official line was that "initial testing showed an increase in sales when promotional info was moved below the description".

Not sure what kind of manipulative testing ebay ran, but I'm not buying it.

Who knows, it might also show an increase of sales if you move the item price down there too. Let's try it ebay!

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

By the time ebay hears our pleas the banner will either be on the side, in the middle or gone.

They hear us, they just don't care. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Truer words never spoken

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Thats at least 7,

Can I hear an 8th ----What number can we get to entice ebay to change it back?

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 9 of 54
latest reply

Having desk programmers and office employees who have no skin in the game deciding what is best for real-world Ebay business owners is absurd at the least.

Ebay knew that quietly moving these banners to the bottom of the listing would elicit a strong negative reaction from the selling community if they came out publicly about it.

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

Thats at least 7,

Can I hear an 8th ----What number can we get to entice ebay to change it back?

Put It Back!

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

And while you're at it. Put the watchers back inside the listings. 

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

The best way I know to make your voice heard is to just NOT use Promotions of any kind until the actual promotion is viewable on the Top Fold of the page.

I will not be using Markdown Manager or Promoted Listings for anything until I can be assured that viewers know my item is discounted or on promotion when they FIRST load my listing ... not hidden at the bottom of the page , never to be seen by most potential buyers, who do not even bother to read the description, much less scroll to the bottom of the page ... where eBay SHOWS THEIR ADS.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 13 of 54
latest reply

since they moved the banner we've had 3 buyers purchase 2 items in our buy2get1free deal, but not one of them picked a free 3rd item !  🙂 methinks it's not working so well....

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

wrote:

And while you're at it. Put the watchers back inside the listings. 

I agree.

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 15 of 54
latest reply