cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEING VERY HIGH SHIPPING FEES LATELY [ GLITCH ]

I don't know if anyone else has been seeing this  but I certainly am.  Many items on my watch list have Super high but not real shipping charges . A few examples is a bag of bubble wrap  for 5.99  but with a shipping charge of 55 dollars ,, then there is a blouse I set aside for my neice  with  a starting bid of 99 cents   but with a shipping charge of 27 dollars . However when I click on these items they both have free shipping in reality ,, but you must click on them to see that .There's others ,, many others being effected  by this glitch . This is bad enough as a buyer  but as a seller  its even worse . What if buyers are seeing this too and aren't taking the time to  actually open the listing  and are being scared away ? This has been happening at least on my end for the last few days . Weird - Tulips 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: SEEING VERY HIGH SHIPPING FEES LATELY [ GLITCH ]

i also had a recent problem where ebay charged less then 3 dollars for a international shipping cost to a buyer and the cheapest shipping option was over 13 dollars. But fortunately the item was small enough to send in a white envelope instead of normal shipping with tracking method usps first class mail.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@ed8108 wrote:

Hopefully ebay will be able to successfully undertake corrective action before holiday buying really gets underway.

This isn't the only strange issue either . I can't revise some of my listings .When I try and then click on '' revise '' a big sign in red letters pops up and says '' Sellers are limited to a number of times they can sell the same item. However I'm not trying to list  anything  just revising an already in place  sale item.  Tulips 

That's interesting. Maybe unlike USA sellers who can only list ONE of the same item, those registered in china have a different number?

But that shouldn't have anything to do with revising an item thats already listed . I need to call e bay and get that silly China location off of there  . Tulips 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Why don't you change it yourself?

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Yep says you're registered in China

I just called e bay to get my account settings changed back to normal . You can do most of it yourself except change the country in which you reside . E bay has to do that . Its okay now . Tulips 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@auronar7 wrote:

We're not kidding. You need to check your account settings:

tt.png 

I just did - back to normal . E bay couldn't explain how that China location got on my account though  . Tulips 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

Why don't you change it yourself?

You can't change your country  location  without calling e bay  .All else you can do yourself . Tulips 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

So how did it change............and did the ebay change solve the high shipping charges?

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

Yep says you're registered in China

That is what I see as well. Registered in China.

I guess I need to call e bay again . Someone in the U.K hacked my e bay account and I couldn't even log on a few days ago . Guess we haven't got all the bugs out yet .  Tulips 

I would wager that whoever you spoke to at eBay “fat fingered” something in your account, solving one problem but creating another.

This is historically eBay’s modus operandi.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Delete strange duplicate post with odd Lithium formatting.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So how did it change............and did the ebay change solve the high shipping charges?

I don't know how that China location got on my account and neither did the rep I spoke to . All I do know is that someone in the U.K hacked my account  and I thought  everything had been fixed  . It doesn't make sense for someone in the U.K to change my country location to China  though . Its back to normal now  but nothing surprises me anymore . I haven't check the strange shipping charges  I've been seeing yet  . I'm going to switch browsers   and see .Tulips 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Delete strange duplicate post with odd Lithium formatting. newview 

I noticed that too but won't deleting one delete both ? Tulips 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Delete strange duplicate post with odd Lithium formatting. newview 

I noticed that too but won't deleting one delete both ? Tulips 

Guess not ... my post directly above was the one duplicated with totally borked formatting. Maybe the nanny filter choked on “modus operandi” ?

🙂

Message 27 of 27
latest reply