cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional listings

I have been a power seller on eBay for over 5 years----All my listings now say "eligible for promotional listings" Has any other power  sellers out there tried ths with at least some items ?-  I sell mostly pre owned high end mens clothing --Please share your experiences --Sincerely Baxterclothing

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Promotional listings

Promotional listings have not generated one single sale for us.  Best regards

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

Yeah, I noticed that new "more annoying bleep on my selling page" last night.

Fwiw it wasn't on this ID which is a power seller but on one that wasn't.

Do TRS still get a $30 credit per quarter for these? They've gone very quiet about that alleged "perk".

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

I do not use them and never have, even store free ones, so I don't know if they are still "free". On mobile site it is very annoying to be scrolling listings and seeing the same one pop up time and time again. It does not make me want to buy that one compared to the rest, in fact the opposite is true, I am suspicious of sellers who are using promoted listings. If their item was so great why would they need additional exposure? Some cheap smell about the whole program. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

Yes, my listing page was spammed with a promoted listings banner on every single item last night. It would have been better to make it a separate column so Hub users could customize their view to include it or not.

They also added another menu button on the page specifically for promoted listings.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

I've used it with some success. It doesn't cost you anything unless your item SELLS through the Promoted Listing, and, as a Top Rated Seller, you have a quarterly credit of $30 which is applied to the first $30 in fee for that quarter, so there's really no risk to experiment.

Some people like it, some people don't.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

What you are seeing on your Active Listings" page was announced here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Managing-Your-Promoted-Listings-Just-Got-Easier/ba-p/291...
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

Adblock Plus (or pretty much any adblocker) element hiding rules get rid of them.

/* Kill "Sell it faster" Promoted listings button next to actions button on SH Active page 11/9/18 */

ebay.com##div#shlistings-cntr 
span.menu>button[aria-controls='sellItFaster'].btn.toggle-menu.btn--regular

/* Kill "Eligible for Promoted listings" entry in each item title block on SH active page 11/9/18 */

ebay.com##div#shlistings-cntr div.indicator-pill>
button[id^='listings-grid-wrap-listings-grid'][data-action-name='promote'].indicator-pill__label

Can also be implemented in Stylish, Stylus, or other user CSS addons.

--------------

I use PL (as long as I can remain TRS and get $30/qtr free), but don't need that clutter on the page.

Appears from this that eBay is showing the true intention of PL as another revenue stream, as others warned long ago - pay extra for PL or die from invisibility. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

@berserkerplanet

you do realize there is an on/off button  to display the "eligible for PL"  info? 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

All of mine have that message today also.  I wonder if they are teaming up with Etsy to make more $ off of us.  Etsy has started this also and it seems that my items do not get much exposure at all now.  I have logged in and run searches, and my items do not appear even close to the top of the search page.  In fact, I might be on page 8 before any of my items show up at all.  Mine are only hobby shops, but both my Ebay and my Etsy shops have come to an almost abrupt halt on orders.   Are we supposed to raise our prices in order to pass on these promotional fees? 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

We are trying out the promo listing feature again.  In October, we sold a total of 15 items (a dismal month of sales for sure).  Of the 15, we were charged a promo fee on 10 of them.  As such, we would have only sold 5 items had we not used the promo listing feature?  Can't be sure that would be the case. 

We also used the feature back when we had 10,000+ listings in an Anchor Store (downgraded in April 2018).  When we discovered that we were being assessed multiple promo fees on multi item purchases made by customers that would visit us monthly and buy a bunch of items to take advantage of our promo shipping, we discontinued the practice.  

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

>>you do realize there is an on/off button to display the "eligible for PL" info?

No, I did not. Smiley Tongue

Nobody mentioned it, and I didn't see that option anywhere, but it is there now. (I could have overlooked it before, but am totally surprised it was even an option to turn off one of eBay's bright ideas).

However, It doesn't work in Firefox 31, so unless it is an account level setting that I can toggle by viewing the active page in FF52 and changing it there, I'll still need the CSS approach.

[wandering off, muttering.....]

The "Show eligibility: o Promoted listings ■ None " radio button does nothing in Firefox 52 either.

I doubt that that setting, when it works removes the useless button either, so CSS for me it is. If for whatever reason anyone else needs it, the rules are there.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

@dhbookds wrote:

@berserkerplanet

you do realize there is an on/off button  to display the "eligible for PL"  info? 

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad it was so easy to turn off, but I do wish that eligibility option was put under customization with everything else.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Nobody mentioned it, and I didn't see that option anywhere, but it is there now. (I could have overlooked it before, but am totally surprised it was even an option to turn off one of eBay's bright ideas).

That's because it wasn't there when the page first changed. They added it later. At least that's how it happened on my account.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Promotional listings

>>That's because it wasn't there when the page first changed. They added it later. At least
>>that's how it happened on my account

Nice to know. I usually don't miss things like that, but ya never know.

So, does the "none" radio button work in your (presumably) fancy new browser? And if so, I assume the button stays?
Message 15 of 21
latest reply