cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing negative feed back

I had a buyer leave negative feedback. Buyer said Bait and swich avoid this seller at all cost. Well that is Bull . I made a packing error I quickly refunded the buyer in full and let them keep the item. I did requested the buyer to admend there feedback they did not. I am human and made a simple mistake I feel there sould be away to fix or remove harsh liable feedback quickly. I did report the buyer and blocked from all futrue transactions come on ebay you need to protect  us better from this type of feedback. I work hard to have a 100% customer rating.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

You can call ebay and state that the Feedback in not truthful and ask it to be removed.  Tell them that you did not send a different item.  You sold it just as described.   Let them look at your emails and see that it was not a bait and switch situation.  You will need to convince them of that.

Honest opinion:  I don't think they will remove it.  You responded in a professional manner.  You noted that you fully refunded the buyer.  Future buyers are just looking to see that you are a reasonable seller.  I personally think you sound like one and it wont be much of an issue for you.

I do agree it sucks though.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

come on ebay you need to protect  us better from this type of feedback. 

You can call CS and give it a try.

This doesn't look like it meets any of the reasons ebay describes for leaving feedback, but there is a sort of unstated reason that the feedback is just grossly unfair.  To get this reason in play, the gods must be smiling, with the planets lined up just so.  Good luck with that.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@jhon6478

You said you made a packing error. To the buyer, that can seem like bait and switch.  And, as ebay has told me in the past, feedback is the opinion of the leaver. Apparently it doesn't really matter to them whether or not it's the truth.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

You reported the buyer for leaving you a neg when you sent the wrong thing? What did you report them fo, being disappointed? You messed up then reported the buyer?

I cannot understand why you or anyone else in this thread thinks that's ok or that you deserve to have the feedback removed. Do the crime you do the time. I wouldn't have negged you but it was not unfair for the buyer to do so.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I work hard to have a 100% customer rating.

Good customer service means not only minimizing mistakes, but accepting the consequences of mistakes when they happen.  Such as unhappy buyers who leave negative feedback.

Live with this neg and learn from it.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

You can call ebay and state that the Feedback in not truthful and ask it to be removed.  Tell them that you did not send a different item.  You sold it just as described.   Let them look at your emails and see that it was not a bait and switch situation.  You will need to convince them of that.

??

OP admits to making a packing error.  Your advice probably would not be a good move because it would be quite obvious who is not telling the truth.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Whenever I have more than 2 items to ship I turn the shipping labels over and in small, light print write what the item is.  It helps!

I'm sorry that happened to you.  We've all gone through 'stuff' and it's bound to happen at some time.  You're a better seller now, for sure.  It'll roll off in about a year.  If that's the only one, not much changes.  People hardly look at feedbacks these days.  

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I've gotten bad feedback after making a mistake.  I took care of the issue, but that still didn't make it a positive for my buyer, so I understood.  I didn't even think about trying to get it removed.

I used it as an opportunity to leave a follow up that showed potential future buyers that I could be trusted to handle a mistake.  Your follow up was pretty good so I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@musicforyoureyes wrote:

Whenever I have more than 2 items to ship I turn the shipping labels over and in small, light print write what the item is.  It helps!

Personally, I only print one shipping label at a time.  I pack that item up, seal it, and put the label on, and then and only then do I print the shipping label for the next sale.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you.

I know you feel this is unreasonable and you are hurt, but to the buyer, it seemed like a bait and switch.  There's a school of thought among sellers that refunds make everything all right and the buyer should know they did all they can do~kind of like I fixed it, what's your problem?   But refunds don't erase the situation or magically make the buyer happy he wasted his time and now has no item to show for it.  That is not a successful transaction for him.  He got his money back~~if he wanted to keep his money, he would not have bought in the first place.

Whether it really was a bait and switch or not, doesn't matter.  This is how it was perceived by the buyer, and the buyer used feedback to reflect that.  Ebay will say it is the buyer's opinion and let it stand.  Buyer is not inclined to change it.

It would have been nice if the buyer let the mistake go, but they didn't.  You don't know what else the buyer has gone through with his buying.  Inaccurate descriptions, poor packing, bad measurements, abusive sellers.

I don't know what you reported the buyer for~leaving you bad feedback?  I just don't know what violation the buyer committed that you reported him for.  For refusing to amend his feedback?  Just trying to understand this.

On Ebay as in life, sadly, there can be consequences for mistakes.  So sorry this happened to you.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

I know you also said you let him keep the item.  

But it wasn't the item he wanted.

So he may not have really cared.  

Just some thoughts.  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Thanks

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

I had a situation where I sent the wrong item to a customer.  It was very similar to the one they wanted.  It was my mistake totally.  Upon the buyer messaging me that I had sent the wrong item, I immediately sent them the correct item and did a full refund for the wrong item that I sent him.  I told the buyer to keep the wrong item along with a sincere apology.  I received a postive feedback and a return customer.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

I also do the same, especially when I was actively selling here.  It can be so easy to make a mistake.  @jhon6478 - I am sorry this happened 😞  Negative FB is not easy to accept, especially if it was an honest error.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply