cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day return policy international

Does anyone know if its a good idea to do 30 day returns internationally? I can only see it being a nightmare if a package is in customs and the expensive costs of shipping would be bad. But then again, it can also get you more traffic and maybe more sales on the other side of the country? Let me know anyones input on this. I would highly appreciate it. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you talking about 30 day (buyer pays) returns or 30 day "free" returns (seller pays)?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm speaking of buyer pays return. Thanks for all your input. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@jamminfulloflots wrote:

I'm speaking of buyer pays return. Thanks for all your input. 

You either offer returns or you don't. Personally I've always offered returns, 14 days when that was the popular time-frame and then 30 days when that became the "standard".

International or Domestic I don't see why there would be any difference at all.

I know one thing for sure, 20 years selling on eBay and I've had a "massive" ONE remorse return.

For Not As Described returns you already offer 30 days (eBay) and 180 days (PayPal).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The majority of your listings are shipped internationally using the GSP.  One problem with offering international returns with those listings is that if a buyer open a buyers remorse return request, they are not going to be refunded the international portion of their shipping fees or their import fees. If the  return is because an item is not as described then the GSP does return the money they received but they don't do that for buyers remorse returns.  If you offer buyer remorse returns its possible that a buyer is going to end up disappointed because they won't be compensated in full.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The majority of your listings are shipped internationally using the GSP.  One problem with offering international returns with those listings is that if a buyer open a buyers remorse return request, they are not going to be refunded the international portion of their shipping fees or their import fees. If the  return is because an item is not as described then the GSP does return the money they received but they don't do that for buyers remorse returns.  If you offer buyer remorse returns its possible that a buyer is going to end up disappointed because they won't be compensated in full.

GSP does not refund anything with a SNAD claim UNLESS the claim is due to damage in transit between KY and the destination or a repackaging error on their part (good luck trying to prove that!).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

GSP does not refund anything with a SNAD claim UNLESS the claim is due to damage in transit between KY and the destination or a repackaging error on their part (good luck trying to prove that!).

Actually I've read about a number of cases where the item was damaged in shipping or switched at the gsp center and it wasn't that difficult for buyer to be refunded in full by the gsp.  As far as those being the only circumstances when the gsp refunds...that's not true. If a snad is deemed to be caused by the sellers mistake, the seller is supposed to pay for return shipping but when the buyer is refunded, the gsp then refunds the buyer the portion that they were originally paid.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This is what buyers of items through GSP agree to:

International Returns. The returns policy specified by your Seller in his/her listing description of a GSP Item will apply to your purchase of the GSP Item. For GSP Items located in the United States that you purchase under GSP and that you return to your Seller, you will not be eligible for, and you will not receive, a refund of any Program Fees that you paid to Pitney Bowes and Pitney Bowes will not be responsible for shipping the GSP Item back to your Seller. Your rights under local law will not be affected.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply