cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments have gone from instant on PayPal to days.

This new system forces us to begin a transition to a new site, we sold one item last Thursday, $35, payment JUST arrived,  SIX DAYS LATER.  Paypal is gone for no good reason or explanation.  They moved money at the speed of light and some how they've now managed to figure out how to stall our payments and impact our cash flow negatively.  This used to be a great place to conduct online sales.  I am saddened at how they've torn down what was a fine business partner and turning into this mess.   we are moving to a new platform sadly and doing so only because doing business here has gotten so much worse and frustrating.  the new layout makes it hard to find, one example:  there is no routing or directions to get to your payments...with this new system you have to some how figure out you need to start to find your payments by finding  ACCOUNT click on that, find PAYMENT INFORMATION and then find "PAYMENTS" in mouse type along the left side of the page, out of immediate sight.  here's a thought, since payments are important to sellers, MAYBE put a button for PAYMENTS in place of accounts and once you see your payments, THEN offer a link to the account information.  i rarely need anything other than finding payments...which used to happen at the speed of light when Paypal was taking care of business, now we are checking payments throughout the next 2-3 days.     Pathetic. Sad.  Stupid.  Good bye.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Payments have gone from instant on PayPal to days.

eBay did in fact announce the  change to Managed Payments in the ANNOUNCEMENT  page several times - guess you missed them.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Good luck at what ever you do:

Let us know when you come back...

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Certainly your choice as to what to do.........but the change started 3 yrs ago........and if you use Seller Hub overview......payment section is 1 click away.......

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

You can remove your listings now.....

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

You don't need to keep posting this, either.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@highdef24p wrote:

Paypal is gone for no good reason or explanation.

There is a good reason and explanation why PayPal is gone.

The reason is that eBay makes more money, and the explanation is that buyers have more ways to pay.

You may not like the reason or explanation,  though.

@highdef24p wrote:

Good bye.

Why do so many sellers post here to say "Goodbye" when they are still selling here?

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I'll be looking to see if and when you actually do end your listings and you slam the door behind you.

My guess is that you will find some things you hate about any other venue, and complain about them, too.

Have you ever thought of completely retiring? Might be the best choice if you won't go to the effort of solving your gross misconceptions or taking the advice of successful sellers here, who know the simple ins and outs of selling and making money on eBay.

If you decide to stay, it would be a good idea to research and get educated about the new ways of using eBay. It's not that difficult. Accept > Adjust > Adapt... that's what the vast majority of successful sellers have already done. You can, too.

If "sayonara" is your bottom line, it was worth taking 3 minutes out of my life to wish you good luck...

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

"Why do so many sellers post here to say "Goodbye" when they are still selling here?"

Across the years with any change on eBay:

There are always the sky is falling group: and I am leaving because of it..

So the good by: is a result of cynicism over such> most if do leave, return... A lot threaten to and of course never do...

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

You have Cinebag misspelled in your title of your listing you still have up?

Best wishes.  Hopefully you find a new venue.   This is a Seller to Seller peer board.  Telling us goodbye really doesn't accomplish much.  Feel better after posting?

Problem is - e-commerce utopia does not exist.  Lots of new-er shiny choices.  Some sites are even decent with cost/terms.  Unless you're selling for cash to a local shop buyer or off a card table on your front lawn, there are not too many "instant" payout choices.  And if they do, they may charge for the instant access.  Any many, do not have the traffic numbers found here, at least not yet.

So many post "I'm leaving!!!" without even knowing or doing any research on what else is viable.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

'  i rarely need anything other than finding payments...which used to happen at the speed of light when Paypal was taking care of business, now we are checking payments throughout the next 2-3 days.     Pathetic. Sad.  Stupid.  Good bye.'

PP was fronting sellers their money before the transaction was complete..good luck finding another service that does that...and by the way, PP fees just jumped.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@bonjourami,

"PP was fronting sellers their money before the transaction was complete..good luck finding another service that does that...and by the way, PP fees just jumped".

True PayPal was fronting us the funds after a seller being verified as reliable, and their protections gave buyers another layer of protection. 

They are still more reliable than Adyen, who if one searches the European sites dedicated to online commerce will find that the recent delays in transfers, has been a recurring problem for years, causing smaller businesses to stop using them as a payment processor. Their model may work well for larger businesses, but it doesn't work well for the smaller ones like ebay's hobby (low volume sellers)

As for their rise in fees, they are still lower than the MP fees I was paying before taking a break from selling on ebay.  They are still offering their 180 day protections for ebay transactions and that has to be costing them something. Oh, and thanks to 1099Ks being issued after only $600 in sales one has to wonder what an ebay seller's 2022 tax bill will look like.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@highdef24p wrote:

Pathetic. Sad.  Stupid.  Good bye.

Okay. Bye! 

But before you go flouncing out of here you might want to take a closer look at where you can find your payment information - its nowhere near as hard to find as you are making it out to be. Plus you dont have to wait until the money is in your account before shipping because you have access to it for paying the shipping cost out of the buyers funds as soon as Ebay receives it. You also are threatening in your other posts to go to Mercari without appearing to know how much slower the payments are over there. If youre going to make a grand exit and slam the door on your way out you should at least know where youre going before you get there.

If you feel better after your rant here then thats fine. Carry on selling here because this is where your market is and we can see that you are successful in doing that.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

How is the wokEbay kool aid, comrade???

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

How is the wokEbay kool aid, comrade???

Message 15 of 26
latest reply