cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2021 sales way down as compared to the previous years???

Has anyone else been experiencing slow sales in November 2021? The first 2 weeks were pretty good but since the 17th, my sales have dropped to a constant 0. I barely sell around $20-$30 worth of goods everyday, and I have been getting faulty returns to make things worse. Buyers simply open a SNAD request to get the seller to pay for return shipping & Ebay customer service is of no help even if you tell them that buyers sent you a used item, altered item etc. They never help out these days. I am relying on ebay to make ends meet & I have tried everything. Even been listing new items everyday. I have checked my impressions & traffic & it all looks good but it seems that there are no buyers? Can someone please help me out here? Even today I have 0 sales. Thank you

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: November 2021 sales way down as compared to the previous years???

This is great to hear. 

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Nice photography. Did you not get the white backround memo?

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Your sales are dropping because eBay is managing your payments ineffectively as well as charging Buyers local state sales taxes on everything. Consumers have learned they can buy items you are selling cheaper from out of state retailers who not required to collect state sales taxes.  Also, companies like Amazon do not charge Buyers an extra 10% to 15% fee on shipping costs.  In fact,  eBay even charges Sellers a FINAL VALUE FEE on the local state sale taxes that Buyers have to pay.   Amazon does not charge you these fees and RETURNS for most items are FREE.  That is why eBay is no longer a place to sell your merchandise, unless you are selling something very rare or items at a “give away” low prices.

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

Sales in December for Christmas are most definitely the worst I've ever seen in all my 21  years of selling on eBay.

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

Agree 100%!!   Greedy-Bay has not been advertising at all.  I caught maybe one radio ad but nothing on TV.  This has been for sure the WORST holiday selling season ever on Greedy-Bay and the horrible new Seller page has not helped either. 

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

2021 is the WORST year for me in 21 years on eBay!

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

I agree. It has been pretty bad. However I have had a lot of success on other platforms to make up for the loss on EBay. So I’m not sure what to make of it. Has EBay dropped that much or are other platforms gaining ground. They definitely advertise a lot more. 

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

No, you are not alone. My sales have tanked since mid-October and I doubt they ever recover. What I have noticed in particular are my auction listings which seem to get few if any views. These are the same type of items I sold regularly and received quite a few views on them all. Now, some items do not receive views in a week. You can't tell me this is not a result of the search changes they made.  

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

I sell used computers and I normally sell my stuff within 36 hours after listing an item and I normally sell 60-70 computers in month of December but this month, not even 5 computers and nothing has changed with my business.

eBay is destroying itself by trying to compete with Amazon. eBay brand is very strong and eBay have to do anything but again eBay is just destroying itself. They came up with "certified refurbished" crap and it's also killing eBay. I have sold close to $1 million worth of stuff in last 10-15 years and I think it's time to move on - can't pay bills with eBay income anymore. 

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

I am glad I am not the only one wondering what is going on.  I am not a high  end store but I did sell a couple items every week as it is just a hobby of mine.    I am lucky if I see one item every two weeks.  I thought something was wrong with my store.  I keep adding things, taking things off and updating pictures.  There is just no traffic.  It is sad.  When I want to buy something I usually start on  eBay  1st but maybe it is going to be a thing of the past.  Right now I am even in the hole!  What is to be done about this?  I really don't want to owe for my store every month.

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

I thought my store was turned off too!  I am not getting any traffic.  So that is why I checked on the discussion group to see if something was going on.  I don't want to leave eBay either but I also don't want to have a negative balance either.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

I am probably in the minority, as I have never purchased any stock to sell on e-Bay; all has been what would not sell in my store. On Oct. 26th, my sales "fell off the cliff." Not gradually "slide down the hill." but abruptly plunged from an average of 2.1 sales a day to .4. As I have been self-employed for 58 years, I well understand a company's first allegiance must be to their shareholders, but that does not translate into liking the situation as it currently exists.  Unfortunately, when change occurs, there will always be people, as with myself, who will be opposed. Opposed because it has negatively affected me, but on the flip side, I respect that the majority rules.

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

@032701caseysstuffpm wrote:

I am glad I am not the only one wondering what is going on.  I am not a high  end store but I did sell a couple items every week as it is just a hobby of mine.    I am lucky if I see one item every two weeks. 

You are showing eight sales in the past two weeks. Going back three months, you are showing about four sales per week.  I swear, 90% of the "my sales have fallen off of a cliff" posts can be debunked.  

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

@sagehill03 wrote:

My sales have tanked since mid-October and I doubt they ever recover. 

Would tanked be a 50% reduction in orders?  Because you are doing better than that.  40 sales in the first half of October, and you've been averaging around 23 for every half month thereafter.  I'd call that a dip - best not to feed the beast of paranoia!

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

I realize that this is slow time of the year but it is ridiculously slow now at Ebay even though my other site is pretty good. I have been with Ebay for 20 years now and this is about the worst I have seen.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply