cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer request, is it legal or does it matter

I have a pre-owned Seiko watch that I have sold to a buyer that has requested I put a label on it indicating where it was made....it doesn't say on the watch. From what I can determine the movement is made in Japan but it is assembled elsewhere, probably in Malaysia.  So is this a legitmate request? Am I over thinking this?

The buyer lives in Korea and he says in order to import it to Korea it needs to have a label as to country of origin. Is this reasonable, are there any legal ramifications? Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In any customs form you need to indicate country of origin (manufacture or creation) so this is totally reasonable. You will be required to complete a customs form for any international shipment, Probably saying from Japan is fine.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A lot of countries prohibit the sales of jewelry from other certain countries.  I sold a jewelry item to a buyer in Uruguay and had it returned to me.  You may want to check it out.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can't sell Cuban stamps in the USA or ship them there.

But the information you need is likely on Google and from the company not a bunch of busybodies  well-intentioned posters on eBay.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply