cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom crooks

Just had a buyer request special shipping with a promise to remit the extra costs. It did not remit the extra costs. All communication was via Ebay so there is a "paper Trail" but I cannot leave bad feedback for this deadbeat? How am I as a seller supposed to weed out the liars who infest us? How can I warn others so they do not fall for this unfortunate behaviour? I cant! WHY

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom cr

No other company allows negative comments for their customers. Especially when many sellers in the old days gave retaliatory negatives to buyers who didn't deserve them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom cr

Hi, @worldsoyster.

Sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers. If you leave them a positive with negative comments, they could contact eBay to have to removed.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

You have the option to report the buyer to eBay. If everyone reported bad buyers, the buyers being reported by several sellers can be identifed.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@limited-souvenirs wrote:

You have the option to report the buyer to eBay. If everyone reported bad buyers, the buyers being reported by several sellers can be identifed.

The OP should have invoiced the buyer with higher shipping costs, not wated until the buyer received it to ask for the money.

OP could report them...but eBay probably would not do anything about it.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Next time don't ship until you have cash in hand. Have you sent a paypal invoice?

How would leaving a selling violation negative comment help future sellers? Most sales the seller never sees the buyer coming.

Protect yourself. Don't worry about others. Block this buyer.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

"Just had a buyer request special shipping with a promise to remit the extra costs. It did not remit the extra costs. All communication was via Ebay so there is a "paper Trail" but I cannot leave bad feedback for this deadbeat? How am I as a seller supposed to weed out the liars who infest us?"

----------

eBay's recommendation of Free Shipping would have solved this problem.

Woman LOL

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Asking for special treatment with 100% good feedback I try to respect the ask. if they had a negative feedback I would nOT have done this for them

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@worldsoyster wrote:

Asking for special treatment with 100% good feedback I try to respect the ask. if they had a negative feedback I would nOT have done this for them

A buyer with 100% feedback - pretty standard since sellers cannot leave buyers a negative.

All fees by a buyer should be paid upfront.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

eBay is absolutely, positively not interested in protecting sellers from crooks.

eBay is only interested in protecting eBay from crooks. A seller and his money are just sacrificial buffers as far as eBay is concerned.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

That is kind of my point. How can we tell who is a noncompliant buyer if we cannot leave neg feedback? Whats the point of all of this feedback for buyer crud? I get the dont ship untill all payment recived. I do not get all of the hoopla for being able to leave negative feedback  WHEN YOU CAN NOT do so.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@worldsoyster wrote:

How am I as a seller supposed to weed out the liars who infest us? How can I warn others so they do not fall for this unfortunate behaviour? I cant! WHY

Leaving negative feedback for a noncompliant buyer will not protect sellers from crooks. 

Because the moment eBay allows it, the crooks will simply get a new gmail address and create a new eBay account and wipe the slate clean.

Lucky

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I had a buy leave a neg comment disguised as a positive! A new way for ranters to hide their complaints. Ebay does not see it and will not remove it; the poster uses the positive button then slams seller in the comments.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@worldsoyster wrote:

That is kind of my point. How can we tell who is a noncompliant buyer if we cannot leave neg feedback? Whats the point of all of this feedback for buyer crud? I get the dont ship untill all payment recived. I do not get all of the hoopla for being able to leave negative feedback  WHEN YOU CAN NOT do so.

You wouldn't be asking about this if you had sent the invoice for the extra shipping costs BEFORE you shipped.

I had a buy leave a neg comment disguised as a positive! A new way for ranters to hide their complaints. Ebay does not see it and will not remove it; the poster uses the positive button then slams seller in the comments.

If as a seller I got a complaint with a green dot I'd be thankful and understand that I dodged a bullet. Most people never read green dots. That buyer did the seller a favor.

Unless you're talking about a seller hiding negative comments for a BUYER with a green dot. You have one of those on your record and it looks like Ebay removed the comment and would have slapped the seller with a violation.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Constantly pointing out the obvious while missing the point of the subject is for the ? oblivious?

I get the shipping thing OK..... geeze. I try not to live in a world of fear. So when a "noncompliant" thing comes along I tale umbridge. SOOOO that said.. back to the point.. WHY does Ebay have all of this functionality around being able to leave negative feedback for a buyer WHEN NONE OF IT IS FUNCTIONAL ? Anyone?

Message 15 of 23
latest reply