cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No traffic and no sales. I am tired of waiting for Ebay to fix the problem

Ebay keeps messing around til people have no traffic and no sales. Possibly time to try other auction sites? Loyal to Ebay since 2020. But my sales are down to zero.

Message 3 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: No traffic and no sales. I am tired of waiting for Ebay to fix the problem

Okay!  You complained about sales being down and were met with comments that you considered rude.  I'm curious as to what type of responses you were expecting.  Did you expect everyone to simply agree with your opinion?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 16 of 60
latest reply

This thread is going to be different?  People come on here just looking for someone to agree with them. When they don't find that they feel offended. 

These "other sellers" have more than just a clue.  Everyone knows sales have been down somewhat due to a variety of obvious reasons that don't need to be hashed out 5 times everyday here.

Diversifying your sales over multiple venues would be a good idea considering what you are selling. 

Posting ID
Message 17 of 60
latest reply

So you started another thread, half hour later? 

I saw no rude replies in the first thread.  Some had advice for you, others didn't agree.  Not everyone is going to agree with you.  Nor are they going to do so in this thread either.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

You're selling in 20+ different categories, you barely take any photos or attempt to describe the item(s), your titles are not good at all and you don't accept returns on some of your items that you probably should. What a lot of sellers need to realize is that beside what your selling, titles are the absolute most important after what your selling. Having a good title, title structure, keywords & keyword placement is more important than people think. Your titles are not good and need a lot work. I don't see very good keywords, to many periods and other characters that will mess up search ranking, research your competition and find out what they are doing and what you aren't. Fix your listings, take better photos, list better items that people want etc... You can't expect to just list something and sell it instantly because you've been on this platform for 22 years. If you put in minimal effort then why should eBay reward you with maximum traffic?

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

Just because people don't agree with you, coddle you and tell you what you want to hear doesn't mean they're rude! 

and per Rules of Engagement, you might consider reading this one: 

Content and actions not permitted 

• duplicative or repetitive - including forum posts and replies

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

How much traffic are those 100 listings you ended getting now?

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

Your sales are down to zero because your listings suck, photos suck, effort sucks and your not keeping up with the times. I'm sorry but you can't sit here and complain about traffic and sales when your listing a bunch of trash that people don't want. This isn't 2000 anymore. Start selling stuff that people want, put more effort into your listings and photos. This has nothing to do with eBay and everything to do with YOU. Take a look at every seller that starts a thread with "sales are slow" and "is ebay dead?", all of their stores suck and they suck hard, bad titles, bad photos, bad return policy, selling trash etc... You can't expect eBay to reward you with all of the traffic when you sell garbage and put minimal effort into your listings. Even if eBay gave you all of the traffic, it's up to the customer to have the balls to click on your listing and hand over their hard earned cash to a stranger that takes photos outside, on the floor, with stuff in the background... How are they suppose to know exactly what they are going to get when you have a bunch of nonsense in the background? Get a grip, seriously, you've been on the platform for 22 years now, you should know that times change and you have to adapt. I have no issues with traffic or sales but the difference is that I put effort into my store and make sure I'm selling stuff that people want, take good photos, describe everything & offer the best possible return policy I can all while using all of the tools that eBay gives us to succeed. Good luck.

Message 22 of 60
latest reply

The responders on here like to attack the poster. They hang out on the boards each and every day waiting for you to ask for help so they can tell you what you're doing wrong and what they are doing right. Meanwhile, they have all this time to respond to you because they are not packing and shipping.

And YES, eBay has changed things. They have changed it in such a way that you must promote your listings above 10%-12% to get the kind of traffic you're accustomed too. They want about 25% in FVF now.

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

If the only reason was to attack the poster..............why would anyone waste their time researching and try  to tell him what he could do to improve his sales? 

Fact is we all could use suggestions.......we don't have to take them........but should recognize the effort people put in to make them......

Of course if anyone just wants to blame Ebay......that's up to them.........but it's not going to help their sales.......

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

Ok ebay settle down. I see nobody wants your trash also. I see your trying to get rid of yours with 70% off. Notice how I said trying because nobody wants it with even 70% discount.

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

@adkinsonm500 wrote:

Not a summer slow down. I have been doing this for 22 years. I know when Ebay is screwing with it's sellers. I know when something is off.

Oh, you poor thing! You're suffering and it is all eBay's fault!

There you go. That's what you want to hear, and now you've heard it.

But here's the truth: 

The entire world if e-commerce, including eBay's corner of it, has changed enormously in 20 years. You haven't changed with it.   And that means you're sinking here and unlikely to be able to swim on other platforms.

The time has long since passed when on-line buying was such a novelty and a thrill that you could throw up any listing of any old ordinary thing, with any dull title, a few bad photos, a limited description -- and make a sale. Everyone who's been here awhile remembers those days when you could get a bidding war going on a chipped dog bowl.

You're now in a marketplace with firece and sophisticated competitors, and with buyers who are both canny and rather jaded.   So you up your game, or die.

-

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

I agree with others, times have changed, and you aren't keeping up. You can't compare your sales from years ago to today, its a very different world we live in now.

Sales patterns change year to year, this is nothing new. Last year I was getting sales 7 days a week and listed nothing for sale almost the entire year! This year sales are dead slow.

People are being tighter with their money right now. I usually sell 3 movies, music cd's, or books per sale. Lately they're only buying one item at a time, and often the cheapest items I sell.

The media reports don't lie, ebay's stock tanked this year for a reason. Sales across the ebay platform have fallen by billions of dollars this year so far as compared to last year. Inflation is pushing consumers to tighten their belts, that is a fact we have to accept.

Likewise, you can't sustain a business here with 43 listings anymore. Sellers get tons of free listings now with their store subscriptions. My limits are 50,000 for media items, 10,000 for other categories. You are being drowned out by your competitors.

We're in August, the summer is coming to a close, and sales should pick up in September. What you should be doing is investing in new product and listing more. This way when sales return you have a much greater potential of earning more.

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

Me too! Just think of eBay as one of many venues out there to make money, and never throw all your eggs in one basket.

For me, I am retired cleaning house, and any of these venues are better than giving good items away to Salvation Army or yard sales.

Use eBay like they use us sellers, but never get fully vested here!

Message 28 of 60
latest reply

Your sales are a lot better than most of us! Perhaps, you need to re-visit your goals for this site...

Expand to other venues, but right now I'll take YOUR score card any day!!!!!

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

Speaking of zero - that is the number of sales I have had in the past 10 days on ALL four of my accounts - and I sell different types of items on each account.    45% of my items now have 0 views in 30 days,  38% have 1 view, and 17% have more than 1 view.   It has gotten worst each month since they switched to the new view counters. 

I don't attribute it to the economy or what I am selling as much as I do that I don't pay to play anymore - I closed both of my stores so no store subscription fees and no promoted listings fees.   So obviously when it comes to manipulated visibility I am at the bottom of the eBay barrel. 

But never fear dear eBay - with the coming holiday super charged shipping fees (of which you will get your 12% or so) - I will finally be gone by Halloween.    Thanks for the memories. 

Message 30 of 60
latest reply