cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sale sunday!

Here we are, the heart of 4th quarter...  wort day I've seen in the past year, on a Sunday, it's like a light switch has been turned off...  I'm at a loss. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: No sale sunday!

I was not expecting anything to sell on eBay today.  The disappointing part was Marketplace.  No sales / no messages to buy.  A lot of window shoppers over the last 3 days, though.  "Is this available?"  'Yes.  Still for sale."  "Ok.  Great.  Just had nothing else to do so I sent you a useless message & don't intend on buying anything.  Maybe I'll see something else of yours that I don't want but will see if the item is still online for someone else to buy.  Might make an offer just because I'm off my medication."   lol

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

@buzzapparel wrote:

It’s pretty remarkable that even eBay offering buyers 10% off hasn’t spurred one sale on any of the luxury items I sell(not on this account this is a posting account) which could have saved buyers up to $100.

In the past three weeks eBay has offered many generous discounts, few of which were used by my buyers. When the discount period ends, those same items seem to sell at least sporadically. 

Are you a seller that is participating in these coupon offers?  I've never done it before, so I'm just asking.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

In this case, eBay was putting out the coupons. I’ve never seen such a lengthy period of 10% off coupons. The discounts go all the way up to $500 in the case of watches. 

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@buzzapparel wrote:

In this case, eBay was putting out the coupons. I’ve never seen such a lengthy period of 10% off coupons. The discounts go all the way up to $500 in the case of watches. 

The ones I've seen are for specific sellers, not all sellers.  I could be wrong of course, as I say I have no experience with this.  But if it is for all sellers, then Ebay is funding the coupon value as they can't force us to give a discount.  

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

It worked! Someone purchased a thing!

e76fc07b1177228fb681067a9fcf60f05b56cd17.gif

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Well I won’t have to waste gas driving to the post office tomorrow since I can just schedule a pickup for these three little packages. I have a rule that if there’s  more than four packages, something valuable or oversized then I’ll make the trip, otherwise it’s just not worth the time.    I haven’t been to the post office in over a week. 

It was feast or famine up until the 9th, then it took a turn for the worse. Now it’s just famine.

IMG_4682.jpeg

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

It worked! Someone purchased a thing!

e76fc07b1177228fb681067a9fcf60f05b56cd17.gif

That ADORABLE baby is so excited !!!  I LOVE it!!!

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Here I am again with my crazy theory.

If people want your items at the price you are asking, they will  sell.

If people don't want your items at the price you are asking, they will not sell.

You are always way out there, man. 

Posting ID
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Looks to me like you sold 19 items on 11/19?   

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

They seem to put it on for items in the $300 to infinity range.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

That cat is sure excited about that. Great.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

You're so danged funny LOL. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply