cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTE THIS LISTING?????

Which items receive this option?????

Promote this listing - $1.99

Boost this item's visibility by promoting it on similar listing pages. Pay an upfront $1.99 flat fee to promote your listing for the duration of this auction period

When creating a listing sometimes this message pops up, sometimes not.

Please advise

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@decadentdiva1 

The 'pay a fee upfront' to promote is for AUCTION listings only.  It won't appear for fixed price.   It is supposed to 'boost your visibility', but don't know if that means your listing will be shown on page 22 instead of page 199, or where.   It is not refundable, even if your item does not sell.  If you relist, and don't remove your selection, you will be charged again. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I spoke with someone from the higher team on eBay second tier  regarding this fee and I asked them to  provide me proof that they actually did promote for 9.99  (PROMOTE THIS LISTING) and they completely refuse to back up the charge  by  refusing to send me some type of proof that they did or something actually versus just clicking a button and collecting a fee so I am going to challenge ...I am very curious to see how they will react when i report the charges  as none genuine charges for no service

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Well of course they would say no.  That would leave them wide open for a potential law suit.  Don't get disappointed, it was a request that no company would allow.  There are simply too many variables.  There is just so many moving parts.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@decadentdiva1 

The 'pay a fee upfront' to promote is for AUCTION listings only.  It won't appear for fixed price.   It is supposed to 'boost your visibility', but don't know if that means your listing will be shown on page 22 instead of page 199, or where.   It is not refundable, even if your item does not sell.  If you relist, and don't remove your selection, you will be charged again. 

@decadentdiva1 @ittybitnot  Promoted Listings Express ads for auctions only appear in the sponsored PL slots on other listings, not in search results.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/promoted-listings-express?id=5277

Where do Promoted Listings Express ads appear?
Listings promoted with Promoted Listings Express will have access to sponsored placements on listing pages of similar listings.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@amubdllc wrote:

I spoke with someone from the higher team on eBay second tier  regarding this fee and I asked them to  provide me proof that they actually did promote for 9.99  (PROMOTE THIS LISTING) and they completely refuse to back up the charge  by  refusing to send me some type of proof that they did or something actually versus just clicking a button and collecting a fee so I am going to challenge ...I am very curious to see how they will react when i report the charges  as none genuine charges for no service

@amubdllc there are reports you can access to see the performance for Promoted Listings Express ads.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/promoted-listings-express?id=5277

How do I measure the performance of my promoted listings?
  • Once you’ve promoted your listing, in the eBay app tap on the item menu. Tap “View ad report” to see your promoted listing’s performance.
  • Here, you can see the listing’s total impressions, promoted impressions, and organic impressions.
  • Promoted impressions show the number of times we displayed your Promoted Listings Express ad to buyers. It’s a good way to measure how much impact your promotion has had on your listing’s overall visibility.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply