cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tax Requirements on selling. E bay it may be really bye bye

Sad on e bay to have to report sellers with over $600 in sales profit. Free mailing is going to disappear on my listings.  About 95% of all things I sell I offer this service.  It is just going to be to much of a hassle to keep up with all the gas receipts.  Because after all them with the cost of my mailing supply's my taxes will be negative.  My innovatory is really very high since I sell wood.  But I keep it listed at a very low amount lately.  Because I sell on here as much as a share not really never hardly made any real $. Like I have a 1 pound $ 13.99 listing and make really about $2 for from 15 to 40 mins of my time. Be for real.  The fees more fees taxes and more taxes is about more than I want to share more for . I live 14 miles from the post office.  Make a trip almost every day, I know I could use them pick up but. I would be on their clock not mine and do not use.  My goal is fastest mailing.  I pay lots of taxes on my property and trees on it every year. I Pay taxes on all I buy. Then sell it and it is taxed twice again.  I am a very skilled man but staring to feel like a dummy.  So e bay may see the vacation I am on a go lots longer.  The I.R.S should be abolished.  It is nothing but another away saying you will never really own nothing America is a lie. Saying you own your home everyone knows that.  But now with this new tax deal you do not even own your anything. Because you better keep up with the receipts you paid for it.  And what you sold it for. On old items that have been taxed to death already who says what its worth ? in your innovatory. It went from 200 sales and 1000s of dollars to report to $ 600 to report. What dose that say about the jerks we elected.  Thanks and best wishes to all that read my post.  

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: New Tax Requirements on selling. E bay it may be really bye bye

But it isn't "new stuff." It's just forcing you to report income that you were supposed to be reporting to the IRS  all along.  

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

Not going to spit spat with someone who is not even aware this is going to drive handmade with no receipts out of buyer hands. You go figure owe you owe a apology to every buyer after 1 Jan.  For your support of bad laws. Like My $13.99 listing of fatwood is going to have to go up to $16.99 to give the I.R.S a cut of a item I earn little off of.   Out of the $16.99 I will clear the same about $5.  Is that right you need to keep up to date. I am not going to be ripped off by new stuff.   

If your profit is small, your tax obligation will also be small. Same as it has been for years. No "new stuff", just a seller who's been skating on their legal obligations.

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

I am at around $250 on profits to file.  I am thinking seriously of just cutting it off. To save the rest of the my $ 600 cut off limit. For my Pecans this year. Just trying to share. The I.R.S. should be abolished. Pay the high add all the taxes together at the store. Or if someone buys it pay the %10 and the State Tax One time be done with it.  If E Bay would stop feeing Postage they will attract more seller's. Call it like E bay use to say. Treat me like you want to be treated. So they are feeing me on high priced postage. From a service that U.S.P.S up's prices 2 times a year. And my tax dollars I pay is going to bail them out every year. By the Government giving them Billons every year.   America an E Bay is becoming.  A Fee and Tax your profits to death deal any way you look at it. I am way to skilled and able to do it than to put up with this junk. No to brag but I am in demand. Got piles of work to do. And make more in a day than a 3 weeks on here.  And as long as I do not put over 10,000 in my Bank a year here in Ga. I do not have to answer to the stupid I.R.S.  I am just gonna do E Bay on the side or till my profit  = less than $600. I am going to cut it off.  Just doing e bay on the side now. The I.R.s really stuck it to e bay with the $600 deal. 

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

Yea boo hoo  for E Bay not me. It is just sad people are not going to be able to buy. The really good stuff I sell. It's going to be Boo Hoo for them to. Not me lol.  

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

How could I pay taxes on my sales.  E bay would not give me a 1099. The profits of around $4000 on here was not worth it to them. The I.R.S sent me a I owed 0. last year.  I am not avoiding no taxes. I filed 2 times last year.  Had a big loss my House and all my good burnt up.  I sent cash back to the Government Last May for them to replace it Feb now.  Say due to pandemic it going to take 10 months. Well it will soon be March I want my money back. This nation is hurting by me not being able to spend it. They already taxed it they know it. I think they are drawing interest off my burnt money.  Taking their sweet time. I hope you the best. Believe me I pay my fair share in Taxes.  

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

How could I pay taxes on my sales.  E bay would not give me a 1099. The profits of around $4000 on here was not worth it to them. The I.R.S sent me a I owed 0. last year.  I am not avoiding no taxes. I filed 2 times last year.  Had a big loss my House and all my good burnt up.  I sent cash back to the Government Last May for them to replace it Feb now.  Say due to pandemic it going to take 10 months. Well it will soon be March I want my money back. This nation is hurting by me not being able to spend it. They already taxed it they know it. I think they are drawing interest off my burnt money.  Taking their sweet time. I hope you the best. Believe me I pay my fair share in Taxes.  

It DOES NOT MATTER if you received a 1099. YOU are required by law to report all sales. Period. Then you can apply your deductions. Just as all sellers big or small do.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 51 of 54
latest reply

@lovett-1000

"How could I pay taxes on my sales.  Ebay would not give me a 1099."

If you ran a brick and mortar store (or all manner of businesses) nobody would send you 1099's for your retail sales and yet you would be obligated to keep books, do accounting and pay tax on profits.   Same when selling on eBay for profit as has always been the case.  

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

You get what you vote for!

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

How could I pay taxes on my sales.  E bay would not give me a 1099.

I've been selling on the Internet for 23 years and never received a 1099-K and reported my income every year.

Have a great day
Message 54 of 54
latest reply