cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool is the worst - descriptions are stuck in Times New Roman

My descriptions keep defaulting for Times New Roman, which looks absolutely horrible. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it back to Arial. A few times I randomly changed the font 5 times or more and finally back to Arial and that seemed to work, but it didn't work more often than it did. 

I cannot believe eBay is forcing their sellers to use such a garbage tool that is directly harming the quality of new listings. 

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So here's the workaround I found. dhbookds's reply is useless so don't listen to it. 

Changing fonts under 'Show All Options' does absolutely nothing by itself, you have to ALSO switch to HTML code for the changes to stick. 

In other words, it's yet ANOTHER click that eBay wants you to waste your time on. 

>PLEASE DRINK VERIFICATION CAN TO CONTINUE

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

You can you use the "sell similar" option from previous listings and just change the categories to where they apply to the description of your item.  I use Georgia font and can access just fine if I choose sell similar.  You can also tweek your photos.  

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

@ckimodog 

the sell similar trick no longer is working for people that have been rolled into the new tool permanently but thanks.

Please keep this topic alive with many complaints and criticisms so we can get ebay to reinstate the classic tool option- this new listing experience in crippling our ability to list on ebay. I takes 4x longer per listing with all the popups and distracting hidden option windows. Do the math- is ebay ready to lose 1/4 of their new listing gmv?

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

@therapydragon 

Presuming you are in the new form.......on the right side of description click on Show All options  that will give you a page (after some popup verbiage about if you really want it) that give you a choice on fonts.......which includes Arial. 

Screenshot (259).png

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

I reverted to the old listing page, I'm tired of all the changes every time you turn around,

I want to get in, get things done and move on not try and learn where they moved everything.

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

@siamjane8 

Hey...Thanks for letting me know.  I still use the classic view for my listings and just listed something a few days ago with no problem.  Is the new tool for listing in the seller hub?  Gotta be honest, I like to add my own touches to my listings and I am familiar with the new tool as well.  Didn't like it either.  It's very similar to etsy's listing page set up.  There you are only offered one font type.  I've seen this complaint at least 5 times over the weekend.  Sounds like ebay hasn't worked out the bugs yet, right along with all other glitches that make it difficult to list. Smh.  Thanks again!!!!

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

Glad you found the way to change font.... Even though they don't want you to lol.... Everything about this tool is hidden and buried under layers of popup boxes that prevent you from seeing what you are actually working on. I often reference different parts of the listing tool while adding an item specific or something to the description and thatis now impossible. You must click in and out off popups! This tool is an embarrassment and a hindrance to use on a desktop. We need to band together to get the classic back, at least until the new one is even close to a working tool. we cannot wait hours trying to list a couple items. This listing tool3 is a platform's suicide note- his can you force your customers to spend 5x longer to make one listing??? And expect us not to leave?

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

I've read that there is no way on the new 'enhanced" (not) listing tool to add flat rate for all shipping costs (eg. a flat rate for FCP). Please tell me this isn't so. All my FCP have same rate to all shipping. I am not wanting to do calculated.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 62
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I've read that there is no way on the new 'enhanced" (not) listing tool to add flat rate for all shipping costs (eg. a flat rate for FCP). 

Sure there is. If you're in the form, look for the heading "Shipping Cost Type" and click on the method shown (presumably "Calculated Shipping" for you). You will get a popup offering a choice between Calculated Shipping or Flat Shipping: 

Shipping_Cost_Type.jpg

Having said that, though, if you're able to plug in the package dimensions and weight at listing time, it only makes sense to use Calculated Shipping, as buyers anywhere will see the correct charge for shipping to their address. With a fixed-price charge (i.e. not USPS Priority Flat Rate packaging, but a one-size-fits-all charge from you for First Class Package or similar), you may not charge enough for a faraway buyer, while at the same time buyers close to you may be wondering why your Shipping cost is so high.

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Thanks. I thought it was weird when I read it (but this IS ebay so you never know).

Calculated on FCP doesn't work for me as I show buyers retail pricing and that switches to PM after 12 oz.

As far as charging too little or too much, it all comes out in the wash and I get quite a few multiple item buyers who ask for a combined ship cost anyway.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 62
latest reply

How did you revert to the old listing page?  I can't find it any where

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

@idahocycle wrote:

How did you revert to the old listing page?  I can't find it any where

Click on the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of the main Listing form, and this small popup will appear: 

Switch_to_Classic_View.jpg

Click on "Switch to classic view" to get there.

That option will be going away once the old form is retired, so enjoy it while it lasts...

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Oh my.  Another worthless, time consuming adventure.  "Its easier to list", really?  Last week I was able to go back to "Classic Listing", not any more...

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

The two questions with eBay's 'improvements' are:

1) How does this make eBay more money?

2) How does this make eBay sellers more money?

Not necessarily in that order.

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

@iart wrote:

The two questions with eBay's 'improvements' are:

1) How does this make eBay more money?

2) How does this make eBay sellers more money?

Not necessarily in that order.

The thing that has always irritated me about these unwanted and buggy revisions is that no one is willing to take responsibility for them. No one from eBay will stand up and say, "This project is my idea and here's why I think it's a good thing." There's no defense or explanation of the new revisions, no dialogue about whether such-and-such is a good idea, and no rolling back if popular opinion indicates that it's not. They're just thrust into Production with little to no testing, QA or peer review, leaving everyone scrambling to figure out how to deal with the changes and figure out how best to accommodate them.

Granted, change is always disruptive, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. In particular, it should at least be able to demonstrate that it's a solution to a problem, and yet eBay seems to be the master of making people wonder what they were trying to solve, or what they were thinking when each revision ends up being worse than the one before.

Message 15 of 62
latest reply