cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feed back, help please

A buyer claims a phone I sold to him was not as described( he didn't show proof to back up his claim), this happened last week. He demanded that I send another one to him in Canada, that he won't send the one with him back until he gets the replacement in Canada that am going to pay for shipping both ways. He said if I don't do that he will write a nasty feedback that he has done it for sellers before and said ebay will even back him up . I apologized for the error that am willing to send replacement but why Canada when his shipping address is in US. He explained that he had to come across the boarder to pick up the phone, and was adamant that I will pay for shipping both ways and started using inappropriate words.

I immediately contacted ebay on the issue, asked them to read our mails and advised me on what to do to resolve the issue.

I was told that I should ask the buyer to request for refund which I immediately did and the customer service lady said I can't ship the phone to Canada since I didn't ship to Canada in the first place. I asked her what if the buyer writes a negative feedback as he said. I was assured that it will be taken care of.

The buyer wrote back today after a week after the initial mail that the phone is locked which I don't believe and wrote a negative feedback that I am scammer. This is unfair for a listing that I had already sold more than 15 units which positive feedback. I contacted ebay about the negative feedback issue and they said they can't do anything about it contrary to what we discussed last week when I called them to advice me what to do in order to resolve the issue.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Negative Feed back, help please

The way to get negative feedback removed for a policy violation is to pick out ONE violation, be prepared to quote the rule, and stick only to that topic during your conversation with eBay.

The buyer threatening negative if you don't replace/refund before he sends item back qualifies a sFeedback Extortion:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

The buyer should still be entitled to a refund upon return  if he follows the Money Back Guarantee procedure, but you should be able to have the neg removed.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Never let a buyer blackmail you like that..you should have told him to return the phone for a refund. Did you tell Ebay he was using feedback extortion to get you to  send him another phone without returning the first one? Seems to me that his fb would be removable.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Call ebay and tell them that the return case needs closed because the buyer violated the MBG by shipping the phone to another location. Stay on the phone and insist they close the case in your favor, then insist they remove the feedback because the case was closed in your favor
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

The buyer came across the Canadian border to pick upthe phone..there was no shipping  to another location.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Did you save his messages threatening negative feedback unless you met his demands? That's feedback extortion and in violation of eBay's policies. Call CS back in the morning around 10 AM, when you're more likely to get someone who is based in the U.S. Tell them you have proof of the feedback extortion threats the buyer made and ask to have the feedback removed while you're still on the phone. If they say they can't, ask to speak to a supervisor. Good luck!

Belle
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

"I immediately contacted ebay on the issue, asked them to read our mails and advised me on what to do to resolve the issue."

Aaaaaaannnnddddd THIS is where the problems started and why. NEVER rely on what any rep tells you, period. The experienced kind sellers here in this community will guide you on how to best protect YOU. Follow what the majority advice is, for your posted specific issue. Ebay reps are generally uninformed, wrong or simply outright lie to get you off the phone, and then eBay will not give a cute furry rats round rump how it ends for you. Ask here FIRST, it's your best bet. Buyers are all to savvy on how to scam a seller and eBay will not have your back if you start out on a wrong foot in any attempt to "please a customer". Sad, but reality. Best wishes for a better outcome.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@orignalmedicbob wrote:

"I immediately contacted ebay on the issue, asked them to read our mails and advised me on what to do to resolve the issue."

Aaaaaaannnnddddd THIS is where the problems started and why. NEVER rely on what any rep tells you, period. The experienced kind sellers here in this community will guide you on how to best protect YOU. Follow what the majority advice is, for your posted specific issue. Ebay reps are generally uninformed, wrong or simply outright lie to get you off the phone, and then eBay will not give a cute furry rats round rump how it ends for you. Ask here FIRST, it's your best bet. Buyers are all to savvy on how to scam a seller and eBay will not have your back if you start out on a wrong foot in any attempt to "please a customer". Sad, but reality. Best wishes for a better outcome.

However in those case I would say customer service told the op right.   Have the buyer request a return.  The buyer would have had to return the item before getting a refund and the op would have ONLY been responsible for shipping from the US.   

As as for the feedback call and get it removed based on the extortion the buyer committed.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I agree, but my point was so many get bad advice by doing just that and do NOT get  correct advice, that ultimately costs a seller money and other grief, so simply do not  use a rep/contact eBay as a first line of defense. This time they got lucky, overall the odds are against that. You can always contact eBay later if truly necessary, just know how  and what to ask for and what/how to say it, in order to best proceed and escalate on your own behalf. Kinda like a good lawyer never asks a question during trial, where he/she doesn't  already know the answer! Get all ducks lined up first, learn what the basic avenues are and time frames of action, and keep it simple.

You can't unring a bell. And often it is best to limit what you request of a rep and don't complicate the request with too many variables, or twistable easy to misinterpret info, that can ultimately shoot you in the foot and cost you money or worse. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Sorry I have been very busy, the buyer did made request for refund today as follows;

I received a phone in a condition unlike what was stated in the advertisement. There are three clear dents and digs around the edges of the device and it does not match it's mint description or it's photos. It was a big hassle for me to pick up this device. I had to spend extra time, travel money, and taxes to bring this cross boarder from the US into Canada. It's particularly disappointing to be sent this misdescribed phone for that reason. Because of the investment I've spent on this phone already, a return is simply not good enough. Please send me a new HTC 10 that matches the description. It Must be: Glacier Silver Unlocked Rooted running on Android 7.0 mint condition working perfectly Because of all the hassle you put me through, you must send this to the following Canadian address: Bryle Cuff 715 Bowler Street New Westminster, BC V3M 4V6 Once I receive the new phone, I will return your phone provided you pay return shipping.

Note - Phone is question was advertised as used and not new.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

He can ask for a replacement in the case, but he will have to return the phone he received from you first.

For a not as described case, SNAD or INAD, seller pays return shipping.

Also, replacement goes to address used for first phone.  Sorry about his inconvenience, but that is how it works.  Buyer does not get to choose his requirements.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Hahaha!! Surprised he didn't ask you to personally cross the border and drop it off yourself..

Stop going back for forth with this guy..return for refund..that's it..rinse, repeat, rinse repeat, return for refund..don't cave in to this demanding buyer..Geesh, some people!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

OP. sorry, I understand you have not had problems with this item, but there are categories on the listing, certain prices, certain conditions, as relating to best offers.  Condition is general as related to price; specific damages to each phone need to be listed.  As you can see, a general description, without specific damage, can lead to issues.

It appears this buyer just BINed the listings so he expected a mint condition used phone.  

Many buy from their phones and he may not have seen the rest of the description at all.  It is is lighter color text at the bottom of the listing.

It can be confusing to buyers to see different conditions for an item in one listing. if they even see it at all; and it could be a violation.  

Just some thoughts.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

He can ask for a replacement in the case, but he will have to return the phone he received from you first.

---

I would just refund when item is back and not deal with him anymore...OP place him on your BBL ..after you get your phone back, then refund and be done with him..

BTW..I looked him up online...

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I have issued him return shipping label this afternoon, the shipping cost is $6 I guess the system only recognized the initial shipping address. 

He wrote back now saying "does that mean I agree to his requests" I won't reply him again, I will only refund after I get the phone.

The funny part is that I still received orders for two of the same phone today.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply