cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last day

Today is the 14th and I had to sign up for the new pay program by the 15th so I closed up shop and took down all my listings. I have had nothing but good experiences here and have meet some great people. I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for there help and advice and wish you all nothing but the best. It has been fun.

Message 1 of 123
latest reply
122 REPLIES 122

Re: My last day

You can register any time. That’s what they’re hoping 🐵

Message 76 of 123
latest reply

@scstool wrote:

mam908031,

If you decide you do not want to enter MP, then at some point Ebay will tell you when the last day is you can register to go into MP.”

Now I am confused. Ebay sends out a message saying “to avoid disruptions” sign up by July 15th to everyone in that group. It’s not based on the sellers intentions. I hope I can still register after the 15th.  I have not registered and I am still editing and selling. I know the day will come when I have to register and I am hoping it is close to the August 20th date in the new UA.

Are you suggesting that a seller can not register for MP after the “last day”?

@scstool 

No I didn't.  In fact I said nothing at all about that.

If you are suppose to register by the 15th and you choose not to do that for whatever reason you have, Ebay will start at some point to not allow you to list new items on Ebay or revise the ones you have currently listed.  Once those listings age and come up for renewal, they won't renew.

Now if in September or October you decide you want to sign up for MP, chances are pretty good Ebay would allow that and give you back your selling privileges.  I see no reason why Ebay would not do that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 77 of 123
latest reply

@susan43 wrote:

All good points and I'll consider them.  Another thing that just struck me is I have many buyers

that use the shopping cart (which I hate) and buy 10 - 15 items and they are charged shipping on each item and

I'd end up sending refunds of up to 60.00 for shipping.  Arghh

You may want to consider doing some shipping discounts.  You can set those up.  

For me, I get this from time to time too.  In all my craft listings I have instructions to buyers for combined shipping, that helps.  Of course some don't look at it and I too end up giving refunds on shipping.  Since in PP you do not get any fees back on any refund, I do explain to my customers while I am giving them a discount refund for the over payment of shipping, it is less any fees that I can't recover.  That has caused me zero problems with buyers.

Also if you have a buyer using the shopping cart, they do have the ability to request an invoice from the shopping cart before they purchase so that you can extend a discount.

Message 78 of 123
latest reply

That place had had its own issues. Ill be doing local and looking for another. Not renewing MP.

Message 79 of 123
latest reply

Not only that, Mecari has it's own payment processing program too according to their TOS.

Message 80 of 123
latest reply

You had some really cool items.  eBay needs more sellers like you - it is a huge differentiation point to have such unique items.  

Message 81 of 123
latest reply

I have been self employed for over 25 years and have given my SSN to hundreds of companies over the internet. Never had an issue.

Message 82 of 123
latest reply

Well, sellers are also buyers....

Message 83 of 123
latest reply

Once you have been told you are going into MP you need to get informed on the FACTS of the program and then decide if you want to enter the program.

'Getting informed' has been the problem all along.  You basically don't get to know until you are already "in" with the exit door blocked.   

Message 84 of 123
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Once you have been told you are going into MP you need to get informed on the FACTS of the program and then decide if you want to enter the program.

'Getting informed' has been the problem all along.  You basically don't get to know until you are already "in" with the exit door blocked.   

OH SO TRUE!!  It has absolutely been a struggle to get the accurate info.  But on some of MP it has been available as many of us have shared the info on the Fee structure yet on that subject alone, there is a lot of  confusion and incorrect info on various threads.  But you are absolutely correct.  Certain information has been next to impossible to pull out of Ebay. 

If you go into MP and find you don't like it, why would the "exit door" be blocked?  I don't understand.  Any of us can quit at any time.  Ebay can't prevent that.

Message 85 of 123
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

The "exit door" is wide open. 

Once your # comes up you exit before registering if you choose not to register.

You exit after registering if you decide that you do not want to play in the "new" sandbox once you are admitted.

Message 86 of 123
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @mam98031 I use Windows/Android for most of my computing so I'm not too familiar with Apple Pay. It's possible that it is supported in the desktop. My knowledge of Apple Pay is that it's mobile centric, but Apple likely added Desktop support recently.

If it's showing as a form of payment, then it is supported

Message 87 of 123
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @susan43 if a seller does not complete registration for managed payments by the deadline they are provided they will have restrictions placed on their account such as losing the ability to create new listings and edit existing ones. The account as a whole would still exist.

Message 88 of 123
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @scstool,

You can still register for managed payments after their deadline. If a you miss the deadline, restrictions will be placed on your account, however when you complete registration they are lifted. After you register we will notify you of your activation date two weeks in advance, two business days before hand, and then a confirmation email is sent the day after activation is complete.

When your account is activated on managed payments, existing listings that have bids/orders/offers will remain unchanged and the payments are processed according to your existing settings.

Message 89 of 123
latest reply

I hope you guys do well with your plan. If you could have provided some answers, I might have signed up. (I'm old and conditioned to always know what I am signing or agreeing to)  When you decide to restrict my account in any way I have made up my mind to leave. Thanks for all the years of fun and profit.

Message 90 of 123
latest reply