cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last day

Today is the 14th and I had to sign up for the new pay program by the 15th so I closed up shop and took down all my listings. I have had nothing but good experiences here and have meet some great people. I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for there help and advice and wish you all nothing but the best. It has been fun.

Message 1 of 123
latest reply
122 REPLIES 122

Re: My last day

Sorry to hear that.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.

Aloha,

James

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 123
latest reply

Godspeed!

Message 3 of 123
latest reply

I have a list of all the sellers who quit because of the change in the GTC policy. Now, I've started a new list of sellers who are quitting because of Managed Payments. I'll add your name to it.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 123
latest reply

What is the purpose of such a list? Just curious, Thanks.

Message 5 of 123
latest reply

You know, nothing is going to happen tomorrow, until you actually get called and told you are in the queue for MP and will be converted in 48 hours you can just continue as you are.

Those who have not registered yet will be told that they need to do it NOW or their ability to create new listings will end.

It could be many months before you are induced into MP.

Message 6 of 123
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

I have a list of all the sellers who quit because of the change in the GTC policy. Now, I've started a new list of sellers who are quitting because of Managed Payments. I'll add your name to it.

Good luck!

Do you have a list of all the sellers who "left" when the Accepted Payments Policy was first introduced in 2006 (or was it 2008?).

I recall hundreds of "I will never accept PayPal so I'm leaving" posts back then.

personally I hope they do follow through, far too many sellers on eBay as it is.

Message 7 of 123
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

You know, nothing is going to happen tomorrow, until you actually get called and told you are in the queue for MP and will be converted in 48 hours you can just continue as you are.

Those who have not registered yet will be told that they need to do it NOW or their ability to create new listings will end.

This is what Charles has said will happen after the 15th.  My goal tomorrow will be to list as much as possible then hope any sales still go through PayPal in the meantime.  Once I stop getting money I will cancel all sales and listings.

"After July 15th, we will begin restricting ability to create listings on the accounts of sellers that are eligible to register for managed payments but that did not register by the deadline. Existing listings will continue but the sellers will not be able to create new ones or make edits to ones in progress.

Sellers will still be able to register for managed payments, and once done, they will be able to continue using eBay as usual. We send activation notices two weeks, and 2 business days before the assigned activation date. After activation, we then send a confirmation notice."

Message 8 of 123
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

What is the purpose of such a list? Just curious, Thanks.

Just guessing, but likely just an interesting thing to see how many of them actually leave or are just blowing off steam.

Kind of like the so called big exit last year due to GTC listings.  I see that many of those seller that said they were leaving are still here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 123
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

A call? According to charles you get an email 2 weeks and 2 days before you're activated. Where are you getting the info on a call and then 48 hours notice?

Message 10 of 123
latest reply

Has anyone received the 2 week/2 day notice of activation yet?

Message 11 of 123
latest reply

@texasrattlesnakeshop    Boy, I wish I would have read this yesterday, just saw it on the 15th AM.  Here is what eBay "said" ... if you don't sign up by the 15th your ability to create new listings would be interrupted.  They did NOT say your existing items would NOT be visible or that they would take your items down.  Therefore, its possible your existing items could have remained live, you just couldn't list new stuff.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 123
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Good luck!

Good info if you have or take the time to do it ... if nothing else it would give you a little idea of the % of those who left based on the average number of members who log in here.  However, I have seen a marked in crease in the number of members who log in and I suspect many were asking about MP ... it will now be interesting to see if those numbers drop off ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 123
latest reply

We are in the same boat (please feel free to add me to your list, Pburn). But I will leave our current GTC listings up to see what happens with them.  It will be interesting to see if they stay up, and if so what happens if a sale happens. Also what happens when the GTC date rolls around.

YMMV.

Message 14 of 123
latest reply

" This is what Charles has said will happen after the 15th."

Part of the problem with all of this, in my eyes at least, is that I have absolutely ZERO confidence that they will abide by ANYTHING they say. Even if you can get a statement from an official representative, it seems to be willy-nilly what will actually happen down the road or if "policy" will change like the wind.

Message 15 of 123
latest reply