cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misuse of Returns

A buyer bought an item from me and instantly demanded a shipping refund! The buyer paid for the item via Ebay Autopay. I had nothing to do with the invoice or collecting the payment . I refused to give them a shipping refund or discount because the item was paid for and being shipped.  The buyer filed an return case (Item Not As Described)  But admitted that there was nothing wrong with the product. In his resolution He demanded I refund what he claimed was a over charge for shipping. I instantly contacted eby I was told it was too early to to escalate the claim and The buyer was defiantly violating the return policy because he admitted that there was noting wrong with the product I was instructed to contact the buyer and try to work it out  and I to call back in 4 days I contacted the buyer and let them know that they were misusing the return policy and ask them to call ebay because I had nothing to do with the charges they received 

I called back in 4 days  and was told I could not escalate the case because I had to wait another 2 days and call back then I told the Customer service that I was to respond to the case before that date and they told me to call back.

Days later Ebay froze my account Approved the return and Sent the buyer a return label. I called Ebay and ask What was going on After Customer service reviewed the notes They told me just wait for the retune and then call back to appeal the case the item retuned. ebay took the refund from my account I called  customer service and they said that not to worry they were waiting for my call or email to appeal the case. They said I would hear from ebay in 24 to 48 hours. In that time I received a Negative feed back from the buyer stating that he sent the item back because I over charged them for shipping 

I received form letter from ebay asking for me to sign an affidavit I cant send it back because nothing on it applies to the return. So I tried to contact ebay got the runaround on their automated help it refused to connect me with ebay because the case was closed Final and could not be appealed. Finally after 

minutes I was able to get around the system. The agent told me that my case was still under appeal and they were waiting on an affidavit that did not apply

So heart I am Been lied to by customer service blocked from calling about this case and a negative feed back all because A buyer wanted renegotiate the deal after the sale. WHAT DID I DO WRONG? I did not violate the policy but I am mde to pay for it with a negative feedback and a lost sale

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Misuse of Returns

I am not sure when this started. 

I have always shipped from whoever I wanted. 

I don't use UPS, as I am much farther from the UPS store than say, fedex or usps, so

I will not ship to UPS, even if buyer requested it. 

I put in my ads how I am to ship, with the costs upfront, so any buyer will

know the cost and method of shipping before they bid.  

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

I don't use UPS, as I am much farther from the UPS store than say, fedex or usps, so

You betcha. That is how things are supposed to work. You do not list one shipping method - the buyer pays for that shipping method - and then go and use something else instead.

You can certainly upgrade shipping within the same carrier such as when combining multiple purchases but you cannot charge for Carrier A and then use Carrier B instead.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

That's fine to use whomever you wish to ship with as long as it is what you offered in the listing.  I don't believe there has been any policy change, this is how it has always been as far as I know.  What others were saying to the OP was they cannot offer one service, have the buyer pick that service, and then decide to ship another method for whatever reason.   If we do that , we should check with the buyer first.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@keeker1991 wrote:

You are wrong It dose not matter what service the buyer Picks The seller can ship how ever they want as long as the item arrives in a timely manner and as described. I know several business selling that ship the lowest price. 

You CANNOT ship by a lower priced method than the buyer chose and paid for. You are wrong in your thinking. 

Lower priced is not an issue on its own. Lower (slower) service is an issue.

There are times when I can upgrade from Ground Adv to Priority at a lower price and that's within policy.

Making a lateral move from a service eBay classifies as standard to another service eBay classifies as standard is permitted, although it's not advised if a specific carrier (USPS) was advertised and the seller switches carrier (UPS), because that can affect things like buyer providing a different address at checkout or perhaps not making the purchase at all if they have a lot of issues with one carrier.

Making an upgrade from a service eBay classifies as standard to another service eBay classifies as expedited is permitted, but same disclaimer about switching carriers. Don't do it without the buyer's OK.

Downgrading service - advertising FedEx Ground which eBay classifies as standard, then downgrading to the slower FedEx Ground Economy which eBay classifies as economy is, from what numerous eBay reps on this board have said, not allowed and opens up the seller to SNAD claims.

If a seller doesn't specify service, and instead chooses "standard" or "economy" then that seller can use any service/carrier that falls within the advertised choice or better.

I can advertise the generic "standard" and use any carrier, any service that eBay classifies as standard or expedited.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I didn't realise that eBay informed someone in a dispute that the buyer was suspended.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

I should have never come to this forum Most of the people have not a clue. I was able to 100% win and get the results I was seeking.  Called persistence! As for all the people who said no no you have to ship the way the buyer paid. You are all wrong as well. I work for a company who sells on e-bay and has over 30,000 listing ships no less than 50 to 100 packages a day and they have no problem shipping the cheapest carrier, There are 2 other company's in the are who also have in excess of 35,000 items on ebay and they do the same

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

If you won the case, its surprising that Ebay didnt remove that negative fb that was left. Usually, when a seller wins the case, the buyers negative fb goes poof!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@keeker1991 wrote:

As for all the people who said no no you have to ship the way the buyer paid. You are all wrong as well.

Nonsense. If the buyer pays for a specific carrier and shipping method then that is what you use. This is not a gray area.

If you specify USPS Ground Advantage and charge the buyer for USPS Ground Advantage then that is exactly what they expect you to do. Not difficult.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply