cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro-managing to the MAX

eBay is good at doing everything possible to ruin sales.  The micromanaging and control freak nonsense is as counterproductive as possible.  I have tons of stuff to list  but I lost any desire to do so anymore.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Micro-managing to the MAX

Ya think?

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

SCREW eBay's radar!

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura wrote:

None of that is true!  I get emails daily from sellers whose items I have looked at  begging me to buy with a tiny discount.   So clearly sales are NOT great.  The stuff "people don't want"  used to be my top sellers and I have 20 some years of experience selling so I know what I am talking about. So what is eBay's job exactly?  To do everything possible to antagonize and control sellers and ruin their sales?  Wow, that is really productive. They need to BUTT OUT!   That is all on you, troll.

Things have changed in 20 years and so has policies and it's a good idea for seller to keep up with them.

If you want Ebay to butt out, you can always set up your own site.

Have a great day
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura wrote:

The standards they invent to ruin sales, I suppose.  So strange that none of these standards apply on Etsy .

Etsy sets their own standards and has nothing to do with Ebay standards.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Coming here for help and understanding is almost pointless. There are so many Ebay cheerleaders it is disgusting. I have to ask but are you selling these perfumes/colognes under the Collectible category instead of Health and Beauty?

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura wrote:

Thanks for replying.   During the past 3 weeks I see the same sellers up and running while I am being closed down daily.  I have been targeted before.  One of the micro-managing control freaks who is paid to harass sellers, has his eye on me.   What a shame to get paid to destroy a seller's chance to sell.  Instead of running ads this holiday season, the jerks on e Bay are making sales next to impossible.  Many buyers and collectors look for vintage perfumes and colognes (which are seldom full) that they can only find on eBay.  These were my top sellers.   Now all that is gone.  This is NOT a problem or a policy on Etsy.  So why on eBay ad why not for the past 20-some years has it not been a "policy"?   I have no desire to list one more thing with this kind of counterproductive unfounded harassment.   No "happy selling" here.

I agree with you....vintage perfumes are good sellers.  They bring back good memories.
You are also a good seller, the time you have been here and your number of sales proves that.  
The problem is the condition you are choosing and the category you are listing in.  In the health and beauty category, items must be new...and truly new, not just the condition you choose when creating the listing.  New without box is still considered new condition in the eyes of eBay.  
These can however be listed in the collectibles category ( the vintage used ones).  
Unfortunately once you are on eBay's radar, you always will be.  I know you feel the policy is unjust, and you are being specifically targeted.  But that's not it.  Wishing you luck, whatever you decide.  

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Unfortunately I've been on eBay's radar for years.   I got closed down once for listing "risque" bikini panties and then I found hundreds of CHINA listings for more risque panties than mine.  I am always shut down while everyone else get off scot free.   It is UNFAIR.  I tried listing  perfumes under the "Vanity Collectible" category but now even that category demands you put down  "new ".  The micro-mangers are hard at work.  If only they had something productive to do with their time.   If only once they would do something to help and not destroy.  This is the worst policy since the dreadful day they put in place the insane policy that sellers could no longer leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers (and thereby lost thousands of sellers).   I watched so many of m favorite sellers disappear.   I have no desire to list anymore.  Why bother if all my pictures and hard work are destroyed?  Anyway I much appreciate your feedback and gracious encouragement.  However it will  be a very long time before I ever sell on eBay again.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I did try listing them under "Vanity Collectibles" but that no longer works anymore either.  The micro-managers are hard at  work.   The worst of it was the other day they closed down my FULL bottle of Avon cologne still in the box.    There is no low too low for eBay's control freaks.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

im having the same issue, every week since october i get a "policy violation" over something absurd like ebay is targeting me purposefully . on a 7 day suspension now they claimed i was selling gun frames when the items violated where just triggers. its like ebay doesnt care if they lose money by shutting down sellers.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

There has been an ongoing discussion for years about whether it's "ebay legal" or not to sell used/open perfumes......this is a quote from today's podcast.....from Griff.........

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business-Podcast/Ep-180-Saving-Time-with-Listing-Templates/ba...

Griff: Some of the examples in my I collection are really, really old. Like they're from the fifties, forties, even the thirties and some are bottles that are half full from either evaporation or maybe they've been used. Those I cannot list in health and beauty for fragrances categories because they would be considered used. And that category for condition was edited out last year to exclude any used condition.

Brian: Why did we do that?

Griff: Well, it has something to do with the FDA regulations on used cosmetics. You're not supposed to sell them. And unfortunately this makes me furious is that perfumes are considered in there. So eBay was proactive, making sure that they weren't violating FDA guidelines. And so they eliminated the used category from the Health and Beauty fragrances, but there's another category that you can list these in. In collectibles, it's called Vanity Perfume & Shaving Collectibles. That would mean another listing template for that category.

@twinklingaura 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@memorymarielane wrote:

There are so many Ebay cheerleaders it is disgusting.

They are against policy to sell on Ebay so just what help do you expext people to tell the OP other than they are against policy to sell on Ebay. Telling someone facts is not cheerleading but calling them names is rude and again board policy.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@memorymarielane wrote:

There are so many Ebay cheerleaders it is disgusting.

They are against policy to sell on Ebay so just what help do you expext people to tell the OP other than they are against policy to sell on Ebay. Telling someone facts is not cheerleading but calling them names is rude and again board policy.

@coolections 

Did you read what I posted about the used perfumes & Griff........he's been selling them for years and certainly knows what he's talking about.........

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

@dhbookds   No, I Did not. Looks like good news for the OP. I went by seeing so many others having the same problem getting used perfumes removed.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply