cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro-managing to the MAX

eBay is good at doing everything possible to ruin sales.  The micromanaging and control freak nonsense is as counterproductive as possible.  I have tons of stuff to list  but I lost any desire to do so anymore.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Micro-managing to the MAX

@twinklingaura wrote:

The standards they invent to ruin sales, I suppose.  So strange that none of these standards apply on Etsy .

Etsy sets their own standards and has nothing to do with Ebay standards.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

What are you taking about specifically........?

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura 

What's going on? Could you come back and expand? Perhaps one of use can help. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

The micro-managers are closing down dozens of my partial perfume and cologne listings (all of which in the past were TOP sellers).   Meanwhile I found over 11 pages of exactly the same concept - - sellers listing partial colognes and perfumes (both for men and women) who are up and running.   Discrimination?

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Talking about a bogus "policy" that all of a sudden (after 20 some  years) prohibits selling partial perfumes and colognes.   However it seems it ONLY applies to me.   A search brings up hundreds and hundreds of partial perfumes and colognes up and running on eBay.  I've always been targeted but this is discrimination and unfair targeting on a whole new level.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Not description.  Those folks haven't got caught. You got caught.  Ever driven 65 mph and gotten a ticket?  While the officer writes the ticket,  10 cars pass by going faster than you were.  They were NOT caught.  You were.  Do NOT even attempt to list that item again. You are on Ebay's radar, you will get caught again.  

You can start report those other listings but frankly, you will never be able to report all of them. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Of course they are removing them. It says right there in the policy they are not allowed. Don't worry about others, they will get there turn to complain.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Well, yeah.....listing perfumes as New condition that are clearly not....is not micro managing.  It's just against policy.  

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

No, No they aren't lol. Myself and thousands of other sellers are doing just fine on here. It's not eBay's job to "give" you sales rather it's their job to give you traffic. If you have stuff listed that people don't want or has a very slow sell thru rate combined with bad policies and prices then don't expect much but it's definitely not eBay's fault. That's all on you guy.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura wrote:

eBay is good at doing everything possible to ruin sales.  The micromanaging and control freak nonsense is as counterproductive as possible.  I have tons of stuff to list  but I lost any desire to do so anymore.

ebay loves to talk about "industry standards" but never which industry or which standards

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@twinklingaura 

It's not discrimination...the other sellers just haven't been caught...yet.   Given the times I can see why certain things that were allowed, have been restricted.  Don't know if it applies or not, but I just think Ebay wants their customers to have a positive and safe experience.  I think you get what I'm talking about.  

You have a nice shop with some really great vintage old items.  Focus on that and Happy Selling.  Good luck.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Thanks for replying.   During the past 3 weeks I see the same sellers up and running while I am being closed down daily.  I have been targeted before.  One of the micro-managing control freaks who is paid to harass sellers, has his eye on me.   What a shame to get paid to destroy a seller's chance to sell.  Instead of running ads this holiday season, the jerks on e Bay are making sales next to impossible.  Many buyers and collectors look for vintage perfumes and colognes (which are seldom full) that they can only find on eBay.  These were my top sellers.   Now all that is gone.  This is NOT a problem or a policy on Etsy.  So why on eBay ad why not for the past 20-some years has it not been a "policy"?   I have no desire to list one more thing with this kind of counterproductive unfounded harassment.   No "happy selling" here.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

None of that is true!  I get emails daily from sellers whose items I have looked at  begging me to buy with a tiny discount.   So clearly sales are NOT great.  The stuff "people don't want"  used to be my top sellers and I have 20 some years of experience selling so I know what I am talking about. So what is eBay's job exactly?  To do everything possible to antagonize and control sellers and ruin their sales?  Wow, that is really productive. They need to BUTT OUT!   That is all on you, troll.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

The standards they invent to ruin sales, I suppose.  So strange that none of these standards apply on Etsy .

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

So why has it not been against "policy" for the past 20 years?

Message 15 of 29
latest reply