cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miami and "eBay Logistics Services"

Am I ever tired of these places, primarily in Miami, that collect ebay shipments and forward them internationally.

Another INR today...tracking just sitting in Miami for 2 weeks...likely not scanned as delivered because these places get a truck load of shipments everyday and the postal employee just dumps them off without taking hours to scan them all as delivered.

I Google mapped the address, street view, the dock door is open and the boxes are stacked to the ceiling, packages all over the floor and that's just what I could see zooming in; looks like an absolute, horrifically disorganized, nightmarish mailscape!

Of course, no way to block these international buyers with US addresses...reason #1,257,363 why I've scaled my ebay sales back from 6 figures a year to just the very low 5's and even that feels like too much trouble.

Am I alone here in my frustration?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Miami and "eBay Logistics Services"

So there is no delivery scan at all...........????

If ongoing problem, in that one place.......start requiring a signature?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

So there is no delivery scan at all...........????

If ongoing problem, in that one place.......start requiring a signature?

Possible solution on a higher dollar item where you could absorb the cost of the signature requirement. Other option is to just cancel as problem with the buyers address. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

That is a Freight Forwarder and has NOTHING to do with eBay. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

No, you're not alone in your frustration.

Just in the last two days I have had to cancel 2 orders from "buyers" in China using a FF in Portland, OR, possibly just one buyer using multiple buyer IDs. The "buyers" ignored the part of the item description where I said absolutely no shipping to any eventual international address (except Canada and Australia), and no shipping to US freight forwarders... The value of the items was such that I was not willing to accept the loss of either one due to the obvious potential  of a scam.

I use Stamps.com for my shipping, which passes every address thru the USPS database before accepting it. Both addresses to the FF came back as "ambiguous" and unacceptable in its current form. That's all I needed to use "problem with buyer's address" as the legitimate reason for cancelling the orders.

Note that I said "potential" loss. On certain items, I will take the risk of loss and go ahead and ship to a FF on either coast. Many, but not all, of the items I shipped that way, had no problems. But those were lower-value items that most scammers don't want to waste their time with.

IMHO, it is up to the seller to determine the acceptable risk of loss, and it's certainly NOT a good idea to run the risk with expensive or popular items that scammers worldwide are attracted to like flies to you-know-what. Sellers on eBay are the prime targets because fraudsters around the world (including those in the US!) look upon us as stupid and a vulnerable easy mark. 

Harsh? Yes. But true in way too many FF cases.  Discretion and common sense has saved my tush in nearly every case.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

I use Stamps.com for my shipping, which passes every address thru the USPS database before accepting it. Both addresses to the FF came back as "ambiguous" and unacceptable in its current form.

Yep, that too...the address is always a mess and more than half the time google maps can't find it.

The buyers always contact the forwarder and are told "Nope, we don't have it". I suspect these places open the packages and if the item is valuable, they check the tracking. If it doesn't show delivered, they steal the item and tell the buyer to file a "not received" complaint with ebay. There has to be way more money in stealing an iphone and reselling it than shipping it out of the country for fee.

I'll go further in my conspiracy theory...lol...the USPS employee is related to the business in some way.

Five postal workers busted in $750k credit card theft scheme

Four postal workers were busted Wednesday for stealing more than 1,000 credit cards from mail they were supposed to deliver that were ultimately used to bankroll high-end spending sprees,

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@2....1....0....sold! wrote:

Four postal workers were busted Wednesday for stealing more than 1,000 credit cards from mail they were supposed to deliver that were ultimately used to bankroll high-end spending sprees,

How so, is this fake news? The credit cards are duds until the cardholder calls from the actual phone number registered with the card, and answers questions like their burpdate and their last 4 digits.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

That is a Freight Forwarder and has NOTHING to do with eBay. 

Yes it does have "something to do with ebay".

1. Ebay could allow sellers to block foreign buyers with US shipping addresses.

2. Ebay could maintain a database of known FF companies and allow sellers to block those addresses.
3. Ebay could notify buyers at checkout that the seller does not ship to FF businesses and ebay could prevent negative feedback for sellers that refund due to a FF address.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You called this 'ebay logistic services'. 

I'm stating this is 'not a eBay thing- it is a FF'. 

That is an accurate statement. You wanting/wishing the site would do things your way is great, but it's not going to happen. FF is a part of selling on most any site, as any buyer can use that address as their address upon shipping (Yes, PP used to allow you to block- not sure they still do and that is why I state 'most' and not 'all'). 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

what does the tracking show??

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@2....1....0....sold! wrote:

Another INR today...tracking just sitting in Miami for 2 weeks. 

what does the tracking show??

It shows tracking just sitting in Miami for 2 weeks.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Well this seems to be the shippers problem at their location not the freight forwarder.

Yet seems also a problem with zip codes in FL for freight forwarders that also may be a problem.

Do a package search and see if that speeds it up.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply