cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast from eBay Open with eBay CEO Devin Wenig

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Exciting things are happening at eBay Open this morning. Grab your popcorn and watch all of our announcements direct from Las Vegas. 

(the keynote begins at approx 10 mins in - skip ahead)

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Live Broadcast from eBay Open with eBay CEO Devin Wenig

@indiefeels1 wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Just for info......they are announcing seller protection stuff at open......Wenig referred to it.  I don't think it will be broadcast tho........at least from what I can see on the ebay for business page.........

they did announce managed shipping.....i.e. pay ebay to warehouse stuff and there is an announcement on that

From a business standpoint why did Ebay wait so long to enter the fulfillment business? They let Amazon capture the market and now will be playing catch up.

I'm assuming Ebay's thinking had been that they have been and always will be in the business of facilitating online transactions and not invest in the warehousing aspect. But when you look at how over the years grew with FBA's dominance one would think that the suits at Ebay would have rethought things earlier.

The same argument goes for cloud computing. All the legacy tech companies stood by while AWS took over what...like 99% of cloud computing business.

Amazon loses billions with shipping and hardly made anything until several years ago.  It's making all its money with cloud computing. I don't think eBay should go near cloud computing - not its wheelhouse and IMHO the company isn't technically proficient enough to do it.  It'll be interesting to see how the fulfillment project goes, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for sharing

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

"Grab your popcorn and watch all of our announcements " (my head is already spinning)
Message 33 of 33
latest reply