cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast from eBay Open with eBay CEO Devin Wenig

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Exciting things are happening at eBay Open this morning. Grab your popcorn and watch all of our announcements direct from Las Vegas. 

(the keynote begins at approx 10 mins in - skip ahead)

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Just for info......they are announcing seller protection stuff at open......Wenig referred to it.  I don't think it will be broadcast tho........at least from what I can see on the ebay for business page.........

they did announce managed shipping.....i.e. pay ebay to warehouse stuff and there is an announcement on that

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Not interested in anything Mr. Wenig has to say, as every decision he makes is only with investors in mind. GMV is down another 4% since he cut marketing budgets so he could give fat kickbacks to investors at the expense of ruining his sellers lives. He cares nothing about the people who truly make this place tick.

Every word out of his mouth is about how profitable ebay has been for investors, sellers just get more fees. Not to mention he's ripping sellers off with added 5% fees because too many of their buyers changed their mind. Anytime someone returns something and selects not as described as the reason for return, ebay says its the sellers fault.

Oh, and what about all those supposed new protections for sellers? Yeah, they don't exist. Right after announcing these supposed protections, he raised the fees from 4% to 5% for those sellers with a 2% return rate, which ebay says is too high.

Despite all the fees we pay, Mr. Wenig refuses to pay for any real advertising, but the freeloading shareholders get money for doing nothing.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Some "Economic Opportunity" he created by promoting counterfeit goods from China! See the image below, every listing is counterfeit, all of them! Notice ebay openly promotes counterfeit goods at the expense of ruining legitimate sellers lives. I sell real authentic games, yet ebay tells buyers to buy fake ones from crooked sellers.

bogus-games-on-ebay.png

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

The last video I watched of that guy showed him and some other dude saying that we "wouldn't recognize" eBay in two years because they were making so many changes. I made eBay a low priority after that because I didn't want to rely on a site that was going to completely reinvent it's self. That was a few years ago. I got out of the habit of listing here and eBay still looks the same. That dude is a bag of wind.  

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

i don't know what medium they are using for this video, but i can see and hear on you tube, but not a single bleeping thing can i hear here.... Very Informative!
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

The video here does work, you just have to fast forward a little to reach the starting point. As for my rant, just venting I guess. Sick and tired of all of Mr. Wenig's broken promises that are nothing more than unending lies and deceit.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

"Exciting things are happening at eBay Open this morning."

Very enthusiastic crowd!!!?

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@rockusone wrote:

"Exciting things are happening at eBay Open this morning."

Very enthusiastic crowd!!!?

attendee responses sounded like he had to prompt them to clap

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Exciting things are happening at eBay Open this morning. Grab your popcorn and watch all of our announcements direct from Las Vegas. 

Hi Alan,

The embedded video link doesn't work.  I don't want to say like many things here, but it's hard not to.  Smiley Happy

Hope all is well and you're enjoying the eBay Open.  Say hi to Wendy Jones for me, she should remember meeting me last year at eBay Headquarters.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I was on the phone this morning with Advanced Tool and Apps CS, and he implied Fall Update stuff was being announced today

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

The video here does work, you just have to fast forward a little to reach the starting point. As for my rant, just venting I guess. Sick and tired of all of Mr. Wenig's broken promises that are nothing more than unending lies and deceit.

It didn't work for me.  I can see an embedded video image, which says:

UNAVAILABLE

This video can't be embedded.

Watch on Facebook  Learn

More

I don't use Facebook.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi Alan,

The embedded video link doesn't work.  I don't want to say like many things here, but it's hard not to.  Smiley Happy

Hope all is well and you're enjoying the eBay Open.  Say hi to Wendy Jones for me, she should remember meeting me last year at eBay Headquarters.

This is what I'm seeing:

eBay Open 2019 Video Feed [7_24_19].jpg

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

The link works for me.  Chrome with Win 8.1.  You may have to turn off your ad blocker though.

Nice job of editing the clip though NOT - Weenie doesn't come on until 10'23" into the clip.   Until then you get to look as some ugly red screen.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Tagging: iPhone works too, but as mentioned you have to skip the beginning.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 15 of 33
latest reply