cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of adequate communication with a live Ebay representative. ABYSIMAL customer service

Ebay loves to take our selling fees but fails miserably when an unanticipated problem arises.  For example, received a non-received item I sold and shipped on April 1 by regular mail.  I have sold and shipped more than 300 items without one complaint.  Received notice today item was not received.  When I look at the complaint letter the names differ from who I shipped to and the complainant.  I need to talk to a representative and can't find any path to reach one.  The contact customer service just keeps sending you in a total circle without any resolution.  Ebay, improve the product.  CALL ME.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Lack of adequate communication with a live Ebay representative. ABYSIMAL customer service

@heberk-0 

Click on > https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10 to see the various options to contact eBay

If you decide to receive a call back, make sure your phone will not block the call back

AND-OR

Read this > https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@heberk-0 wrote:

Received notice today item was not received.  When I look at the complaint letter the names differ from who I shipped to and the complainant.

The name does not matter. Does the tracking show as Delivered? If the buyer has opened a claim for Item Not Received and you have tracking showing as Delivered to the address of the payment then upload that number to the claim and you should be fine.

PS - If this was an Ebay Standard Envelope mailing then you must refund for an Item Not Received claim and then seek restitution from Ebay. ESE mailings do not have actual tracking - only updates from automatic sorting machines reading the routing number on the envelope. You can be repaid up to $20 from Ebay for a supposedly lost ESE envelope.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Names dont matter, as long as you shipped to their Ebay address. If the buyer opened an item not received case, you will be refunding.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@heberk-0 wrote:

Ebay loves to take our selling fees but fails miserably when an unanticipated problem arises.  For example, received a non-received item I sold and shipped on April 1 by regular mail.  I have sold and shipped more than 300 items without one complaint.  Received notice today item was not received.  When I look at the complaint letter the names differ from who I shipped to and the complainant.  I need to talk to a representative and can't find any path to reach one.  The contact customer service just keeps sending you in a total circle without any resolution.  Ebay, improve the product.  CALL ME.   

This is a user-to-user discussion board. eBay will not read this or call you.

That aside, You need to provide us with more precise information if you want us to try to help.

"Received notice today item was not received"

What exactly does this mean? Did the buyer file a dispute, or is he just inquiring? Do you have a dispute listed on your seller dashboard, or just an eBay message from the buyer?

"When I look at the complaint letter"

Again, what exactly does this mean? "complaint letter" is not really a term we are familiar with. Is this a dispute, or just an eBay message?

Generally speaking: if the buyer files a dispute and you do not have delivery confirmation showing delivered to the address on the payment, you will need to refund since you cannot really win a dispute. What name and address appear on the account does not matter - what matters is the name and address on the payment.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:
what matters is the name and address on the payment.

...and even then the name doesnt matter. I get purchases in my selling account with a shipping name of things like 'L B' or 'Bob H.' on the name line but the USPS doesnt care as long as the street address is deliverable. (For international mail you do need a valid name but a plain old shipment within the US is not as rigid about that.)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@heberk-0 

Click on > https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10 to see the various options to contact eBay

If you decide to receive a call back, make sure your phone will not block the call back

AND-OR

Read this > https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you. It is hard not to take an issue personally especially when it is so difficult to actually speak with an eBay representative.

You might want to try the eBay For Business Facebook page and use the contact link there.

Often much better results than the the AI chat bot here on the website.

Hope you get this resolved soon. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply