cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item specifics? Please help!

Took a week off from listing. I always just start from scratch, I don't do sell similar. I don't use templates. All the sudden today, when I draft, it does not give me the option to use all the item specifics anymore. However, if I list one of the items, I can add them on the active listing page. What am I doing wrong? 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I'd have to go looking but there were other discussions about this recently. I believe it's a change that was made on the quick listing tool. If you switch to the unified (may be labeled as business) listing tool on the top right of the listing form it should get you past that problem.

Edit: Here they are. Problem might be with app not quick listing tool.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Optional-Item-Specifics-missing-until-ite...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Missing-Item-Specifics-for-clothing/m-p/33987398

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@dawsonscloset wrote:

Took a week off from listing. I always just start from scratch, I don't do sell similar. I don't use templates. All the sudden today, when I draft, it does not give me the option to use all the item specifics anymore. However, if I list one of the items, I can add them on the active listing page. What am I doing wrong? 

A screenshot would help immensely. 

So would an explanation of how you are getting to the listing form, and whether you are doing it on a phone or on a computer. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

From my PC. I will upload a photo from my current draft. Very limited item specifics. If it let's me...

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Do you mind posting a photo unified tab button? Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Ignore the business policy error message in this screenshot @dawsonscloset - the part relevant to you is on the top right highlighted in green. If you're using the quick listing tool, this will get you switched to the unified listing tool.

quicktool-bizpolicy-error.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I can't seem to find that button anywhere lol. Ebay really test my sanity sometimes 😔

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

OK so I did some testing. I can replicate the error using the unified listing tool. Someone in another discussion mentioned womens clothing so I ran a test with that category.

These are the IS available on the listing form:

itemspecifics-missing-1.png

As you can see, there's no + See More like there usually is.

Going to a live listing, the IS extend beyond that when you go in to revise and the +See More option appears. There are 12 additional item specifics and some of them are important:

itemspecifics-missing-2.png

I haven't tested other categories yet. These screenshots are from the Women's Sweaters category.

This was with the unified listing tool. Another seller reported the problem with the app. Other sellers reporting the problem but did not specify which listing tool.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Optional-Item-Specifics-missing-until-ite...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Missing-Item-Specifics-for-clothing/m-p/33987398

Can you see if there's an open ticket on this kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay and are you able to reach out to the team in charge of the listing tool to see what's going on and make sure this isn't an intentional change? Why would eBay eliminate important IS like Garment Care when listing and not give sellers the option to fill out that IS until after they go in to edit a live listing?

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

OK so I did some testing. I can replicate the error using the unified listing tool. Someone in another discussion mentioned womens clothing so I ran a test with that category.

These are the IS available on the listing form:

itemspecifics-missing-1.png

As you can see, there's no + See More like there usually is.

Going to a live listing, the IS extend beyond that when you go in to revise and the +See More option appears. There are 12 additional item specifics and some of them are important:

itemspecifics-missing-2.png

I haven't tested other categories yet. These screenshots are from the Women's Sweaters category.

This was with the unified listing tool. Another seller reported the problem with the app. Other sellers reporting the problem but did not specify which listing tool.

Can you see if there's an open ticket on this kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay and are you able to reach out to the team in charge of the listing tool to see what's going on and make sure this isn't an intentional change? Why would eBay eliminate important IS like Garment Care when listing and not give sellers the option to fill out that IS until after they go in to edit a live listing?

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for the tag.  There is not currently an open ticket for this issue.  But I'll say that I doubt it was intentional.  We'll reach out to the team handling the listing flow and share any updates we get!  I'd also recommend anyone who encounters this issue to contact CS to report it from their end as well.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for escalating this we've been running into this for about three weeks. We've called and have done the live chat three times they told me each time they were going to make a case for this. Must have been missed so I appreciate it. Just some information.

For our business account, we've tested it with Windows with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Linux(Fedora) on Firefox and also on the eBay app. All encourage the issue. For a personal account we have we tested it on the same machines that our business account is encountering the issue on and it works perfectly fine. So it is definitely just some affected accounts. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

i am seeing inseam and waist size back for mens pants and jeans and womens pants but still missing from womens jeans

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@austin_upscale_resale wrote:

i am seeing inseam and waist size back for mens pants and jeans and womens pants but still missing from womens jeans

I saw a post by @valueaddedresource on one of the threads linked above that IS seem to come and go based on key words in title. Is that what you're noticing @austin_upscale_resale ?

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

yeah it appears to be a glitch. I think the item specifics are there they are just hidden so when you put the keywords in title it will show the IS that would be missing otherwise

But the waist and inseam seem to be showing now, except in womens jeans like I stated above

Message 14 of 26
latest reply