cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It won't let me relist!!!! I knew there was going to be trouble with this.

So Ebay automatically checked the box to automatically relist my items 3 times.  Now that the three times is finished it won't let me relist the item.  It says, and I quote "You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it".  And I had unchecked the box before trying to relist it.  So now what? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

The same problem happened to me, and I was able to relist by clicking "sell similar" instead of "relist." But it was maddening for the few minutes that over and over again I unchecked the option for automatic relist, and had it still refuse to relist the item. Of course, it doesn't in any way prompt you to use the "sell similar" feature. And what's the logic for not being able to relist an item if it was already automatically relisted and remained unsold?

Just another example of the ebay site being poorly designed and exeptionally hard to use. 

Click on Sell Similar.

eBay sucks. Use Amazon instead. They are cheaper to use and more user friendly.

I am sure that eBay is losing more and more business to Amazon everyday.

luckykey3 wrote:

So Ebay automatically checked the box to automatically relist my items 3 times.  Now that the three times is finished it won't let me relist the item.  It says, and I quote "You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it".  And I had unchecked the box before trying to relist it.  So now what? 

Have you tried to use the Sell Similar function to relist it?

luckykey3
Adventurer
It just has the relist option on it.
luckykey3
Adventurer
Sell similar is on there but only once it has been relisted. Once the three times is up sell similar changes to relist it.
I was pretty sure I had used Sell Similar on an expired 3-ree-auto. Go back to the original listing, not one of the 3 free relists.
luckykey3
Adventurer
Ok... aaaa .... I don't have the original. I deleted it thinking that when the 3 free ones were over and they had relist on there that I could relist it. Then too... I thought that if I used the sell similar when they said it had been relisted automatically that since that one was on ebay that the sell similar one would make it to where I had two of the same on there. I hope I worded that right. I just know that I'm getting totally frustrated with ebay. OH and by the way ... when I went to relist the one in question ... ebay had the box checked to be relisted 3 times. I didn't do it. After I tried to relist it they said I couldn't because it was checked ... so why did they have it checked? So I unchecked it with the next try and kept getting the info that I couldn't relist it. It's driving me crazy.
You can access the original through your itemized monthly statement for the month when you listed it.
luckykey3
Adventurer
I've never done that before. How do I get to my itemized monthly statement. Sorry, I don't know how.
luckykey3
Adventurer
Sorry for the repeat but I want you to see both: First.... as I said above I've never done that before. How do I get to my itemized monthly statement. Secondly, I just went to my page to hunt around and I see that the one I tried to relist now says that it was relisted and now has sell similar on it. I'm going nuts here.