cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer hasn't Paid - Is there a way to check?

I listed two new sealed HP toner cartridges Sunday and they sold (no offer) within what seemed like seconds to a user such as "cash for toners". I thought amazing, that was quick. And great now I have $180. Well now it's the AM a day and some change later and no payment. I set all of my listings (no auctions) to immediate payment required so I'm wondering how this went through so to speak but no payment was received. I have kindly asked when I could expect payment earlier Monday and no response. Any way to check that the listing was or wasn't set to immediate payment required?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think I might have found my answer. I went to the sold items page and clicked sell similar on this items drop down menu and sure enough the template did not have immediate payment required clicked. I swear this happens a lot when I use another sold items template and the settings of that listing were different than mine it will use those settings. Very frustrating if I don't catch it which clearly I didn't this time. So now buyer has up to 4 days to pay. It just seems odd they would snatch it up so quickly yet take their sweet time to pay but hopefully it's for a good reason and not just a deadbeat. But oh well, gotta wait it out.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Did  you send the buyer an offer?  I just t sold an item and had sent the buyer an offer. I did not receive payment. All my items are sold for immediate payment.   After contacting Ebay twice.  I Was told , if youI send an offer,,The buyer has 4 days to pay you!!???     I told Ebay what seller wants to wait to get paid?   Bad policy. 

Never send an offer, just drop the price on your listing.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Immediate payment should be automatically included in a listing.  Sellers should be allowed to opt out if they wish. I think it is very sneaky.  Complain to Ebay.   

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@wrm827 wrote:

I think I might have found my answer. I went to the sold items page and clicked sell similar on this items drop down menu and sure enough the template did not have immediate payment required clicked.

Always proofread your listings before you submit a listing. 

Caveat: Don't send invoices to the buyer. Each time you send an invoice, it gives them 4 more days from the time of that invoice to pay. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Immediate payment should be automatically included in a listing.  Sellers should be allowed to opt out if they wish. I think it is very sneaky.  Complain to Ebay.   

It's a double edged sword. Automatically setting IPR as the default may have some side effects. First IPR causes some issues with combined shipping even if the buyer utilizes the cart. It may be a turnoff for some buyers for this reason or because the buyer may wish to select from one of several payment options. 

They tried forcing a BIN type payment feature on auctions and offers but seller pushback was so intense, even through the sellers could opt out, that eBay has curtailed the effort for auctions, at least for the moment, but it is still in place for offers but the seller has to opt into it. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1715684557516.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Did  you send the buyer an offer?  I just t sold an item and had sent the buyer an offer. I did not receive payment. All my items are sold for immediate payment.   After contacting Ebay twice.  I Was told , if youI send an offer,,The buyer has 4 days to pay you!!???     I told Ebay what seller wants to wait to get paid?   Bad policy. 

Never send an offer, just drop the price on your listing.  

I am not sure about situations where the seller sends the potential buyer  an offer but for the reverse where the potential buyer sends an offer you can turn on the following setting in your account settings which basically results in IPR. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1715684737797.png

Message 7 of 7
latest reply