cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I respond to bad feedback, can the buyer respond to my response?

The reason I ask is it seems the buyer gets the last word. I've seen sellers apologize to the buyers bad feedback, and give the buyer a legitimate reason, then the buyer comes back with something like... "They're lying. Horrible seller! Stay away" and there's no way the seller can respond.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: If I respond to bad feedback, can the buyer respond to my response?

well i  guess those emails i get if i forget to leave feedback to  some of my buyers are to be ignored since they evidently are not serious and dont care . is that how it works

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

I only give feedback if/when I remember. All at once. Sometimes an older sale/purchase has expired. 🤷‍♀️

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

You rebel, you

I have mine set - send once received - seems the fairest way really and of no real importance to me at all

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

@futuremarine2011 wrote:

well i  guess those emails i get if i forget to leave feedback to  some of my buyers are to be ignored since they evidently are not serious and dont care . is that how it works

@futuremarine2011 

I looked into a bit further since you are insistent that it is happening.  And YES you are correct.  There is a Site Preference you likely have set that most of us do not as we don't want to be bothered with the reminders.

18.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

I wish eBay would make it so a seller cannot leave feedback for their buyer. Especially since the seller can only leave positive feedback the buyer will always have 100% feedback. I can leave reviews for Amazon products, I'm not sure about individual sellers. But Amazon doesn't post feedback saying I'm a good buyer.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

If the seller sounds calm and professional and the buyer sounds like a raging anger monkey,  no problem for the seller.

And the buyer may find themself on a few seller's Blocked list and their bids cancelled.

If the buyer sounds calm and explains the problem clearly and the seller sounds like a raging anger monkey,  no problem for the buyer.

The audience is not the buyer or the seller, it is future contacts.

Do you want your future customers to think you are professional and helpful or do you want to be considered rude and unhinged?

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021.

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice may be out of date and no longer valid.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

@usedcomputersdotorg wrote:

I wish eBay would make it so a seller cannot leave feedback for their buyer. Especially since the seller can only leave positive feedback the buyer will always have 100% feedback. I can leave reviews for Amazon products, I'm not sure about individual sellers. But Amazon doesn't post feedback saying I'm a good buyer.

I ask for this every time I'm in most any kind of meeting with Ebay.  Seller Check ins or whatever.  I agree with you so much.  Ebay should do away with buyer feedback.  Most sites don't have buyer feedback anymore.  Etsy and Amazon don't.  Why does Ebay???

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply