cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I respond to bad feedback, can the buyer respond to my response?

The reason I ask is it seems the buyer gets the last word. I've seen sellers apologize to the buyers bad feedback, and give the buyer a legitimate reason, then the buyer comes back with something like... "They're lying. Horrible seller! Stay away" and there's no way the seller can respond.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: If I respond to bad feedback, can the buyer respond to my response?

Problem solved. I kissed his a** and he changed it. Thanks for the help.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Make sure you gargle afterwards

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

Thanks, how long do they have to respond, 30 day?

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

lol  Yer a funny guy!  *Blocked!  kidding...

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. Great responses. I wrote those down.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

Thanks for responding. I hear ya, I called ebay about something else and asked them if the buyer can reply and she said no. I can see now that she didn't know, but still told me that, so thanks for all your answers.  I wouldn't get into a feedback match, but sometime I might need to defend myself.  Just needed to know for future reference. Thanks.

Typical, EB CS reps generally have no idea what they are talking about, whenever I call and get a general CS rep I demand to be connected to someone in the dept of the area that I am calling about. 

Like I said, why bother, replying to neg feedback with neg reply is not a good idea. Everyone who has posted has explained why it's not. Neg feedback when seller has a high rate of positive feedback history won't discourage buyers, won't deter repeat buyers either. Replying to feedback in general is bad idea, it's not a message board or medium to lash out differences. Buyer has an issue seller should do what they can to resolve the issue in a professional private manner through ebay mail or if buyer opened a case through the resolve message center. If resolve is agreed ebay will remove the neg feedback (usually) so there is no need to even request buyer to revise their previous comment in most cases. I understand, again, your point(s) and wanting to defend your rep as a seller - we all have at some point felt the urge to have to. And there maybe a point where a last resort maybe having to reply to a neg feedback - but I would still not only as a very last resort - and even then would craft my reply in a way that wouldn't shed any doubt to buyers, returning or potential, though most cases wouldn't need to go that far IMO.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 21 of 39
latest reply

@max-list 

Also, keep in mind that the audience for the feedback you leave for others is not that buyer and not other sellers--it's future buyers. 

I always read feedback a seller has received, as well as "left for others." If a seller has left false positives (negative comments in a positive rating), or replied to negative feedback in an emotional, vindictive, unprofessional way, I think long and hard before placing an order with him/her.

Keep in mind the saying about cats and where they eat.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

One learns there is never a need to get the last word in any online forum.  I learned that back in the usenet days.

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

What is EB? I looked up CS and found it. What is resolve message center? I'm afraid if I contest ANYTHING, I will loose. I thought my only recourse was ask the buyer to change their feedback. Thanks for the advice on not leaving counter feedback.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

EB = Ebay - CS = Customer Service together EB CS Ebay Customer Service 

Anyways, no, if buyer opens a case, say INR for instance, ebay sends you a mail, that mail has a link which leads to the open case in the resolution center, there you have ability to message the buyer and to resolve issue, ebay monitors those discussion (they can also see all mails exchanged through your inbox). 
It is true that in many cases ebay will side with the buyer on their initial contact with them. But to say if you contest anything you will loose is not true either. Hopefully things don't need to go that far, usually if an issue arises buyer mails me and I work a resolve out. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Ok thanks.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I would have responded and took the opportunity to educate the buyer on the industrial door size, just like you did here with us! Sometimes people just don’t know things and unfortunately are unwilling to admit that. 

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

@johnson_junk_company wrote:

I would have responded and took the opportunity to educate the buyer on the industrial door size, just like you did here with us! Sometimes people just don’t know things and unfortunately are unwilling to admit that. 

@johnson_junk_company 

Sometimes it is much better to not respond and just get it removed if you can.  Far more effective.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@futuremarine2011

Good for you.

Aside from the fact that buyers don't really check feedback and pretty much no one cares anymore....

Go ahead and make it more visible (several lines instead of one) and yourself sound argumentative/last word-ish.

I will never understand why sellers feel the need to do this.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

I wish I could give this one a million helpfuls.

Message 30 of 39
latest reply