cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm really freaking depressed due to the new rash of buyers.

Over $500 in the hole this month on my bank account.

No returns means nothing anymore, and if a buyer buys for instance a piece of software for Mac, opens it and discovers they own a windows computer, your SOL.

Buyer's don't read, they don't research, they don't lift a finger, and eBay now pretty much expects me to be Amazon or Walmart and eat returns.

The agents that work for them now all read off scripts, won't listen, and won't help.

Had someone buy a printer off me, and despite having to deal with the death of my grandma, they claimed they weren't a "tech person" and I spent over 3 hours helping them, but it was apparent from the get-go that despite spoon-feeding them advice, they just wanted their money back.

I got a bit irrational due to grief and told them my grandmother died, and what do I get in reply? "Knock it off with your **bleep** sob stories". I even sent them a copy of the obit that had my name in it.

I'm really sick of this world and a lot of the people in it, who have zero, and I mean NO EMPATHY whatsoever for anyone else, and they would press a button if it meant they got $1M but everyone they knew died.

They don't care about you, they don't care that you use the money from sales to feed your family and pay bills..they want their item and they want it now.

There are just way too many selfish, entitled **** in this world anymore, who are long overdue for an attitude adjustment.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: I'm really freaking depressed due to the new rash of buyers.

Certainly sorry about your loss.......and I can remember suffering personal losses and wondering why the rest of the world didn't just stop.....because my world had.  Seems trite to say.....but time does help one reenter the normal world.  But it does take time........ 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.

Remember that the Time Away feature can be your friend. Just flat out takes the pressure off. Though we still have to keep an eye out for returns.

Best to you moving into the rest of the year.

Posting ID
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

What buyers and ebay don't understand is the amount of time sellers put into this. "Wasting our time not theirs" 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

wow

@luxgoods 

He's trying!  That is @inhawaii 's version of compassion.  A little clunkily writtwn, but he's trying.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@luxgoods wrote:

wow

@luxgoods 

He's trying!  That is @inhawaii 's version of compassion.  A little clunkily writtwn, but he's trying.

Is he really?

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

"The sad thing is you can't complain about any buyer unless you are on this forum then again you might get a reaction." You won't get a reaction form ebay that's for sure. I'm sorry about your grandmother.

Thoughts and Prayers. 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Most people on this forum are a buyer and not a seller. "They like putting in there 2 cents" Poor guy is not going to get any sympathy here or from eBay.  A buyer has all the rights on Ebay. Seller doesn't have a leg to stand on. Buyers say what you want you have that right that's for sure. Keep spending. 🤔

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

"Most people on this forum are a buyer and not a seller."

Oh I dont think so, most of the responders here are sellers,(thats why its called the Selling board,) who are buyers too, so they see both sides of the spectrum.Unfortunately, most buyers dont want excuses on why their item has not shipped, and when you are running a business, like selling on Ebay, you cant let personal issues interfere with delivering the goods.God knows, we have all had them,and most buyers do not accept excuses.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

We are getting the wally mart shoppers that return as much as they buy.  Retail sales is a tough business to run.  Your local stores have to put up with endless returns and merchandise that leaves the store without ever seeing the check out counter.

There is no such thing as no returns in this venue.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Sorry about your loss.  Yes, I do believe that the majority of newer buyers do not read.  They bid on their phones while driving and listening to the radio.  Of course , they do not read.  Many do not even realize that sellers are humans just like them and have families /tragedies, etc.    You have no choice but to accept the return if the buyer OPENS an ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE.  Hopefully, they return the original item and you can still re-sell it as used / open stock .     Take a few days off from listing and relax a bit.  Don't abandon your computer though.  Be there to at least answer any questions.

Anytime you take a loss, you recover it by raising the price of another item.  That is exactly what the supermarket does when folks eat the bananas , open packages,  hide the meat behind the toilet paper, etc.  The supermarkets just raise the price.  You have no choice but to that.

Finally,  do make sure that if you sell stuff like computer parts that you write EXACTLY for what gadget that item is for.  Put it in the description and at least twice in the description. Hopefully , buyers will notice if the item is for them or not.  Goodluck.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply