cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm bored so opening a can of worms

Rainy and cold, store dead, bored.

Reading the post about secret buyers and thought ...

Some people who work for ebay must buy and even sell on ebay. Plus have friends and family who do same.

If ... let's say a member of the 'seller_news_team' or one of those people who you call and can makes decisions, who also buys and/or sells on ebay ... gets a scam return ... is it handled the same as 'our' returns.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I'm bored so opening a can of worms

Yes. 

Ebay would not risk the wrath of the FTC over preferential treatment.

Returns are not dictated by Ebay,  but rather by the government and banks.

Banks PCH say that if you want to take Credit Cards,  than these are the return rules you must follow.

If you sell on line,  than you pretty much have to take returns even if you are getting  the short end of the stick.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The likelihood of any random Ebay employee being able to influence an MBG claim is low.

The amount of automation in handling the claims is high and increasing.

The tools for handling exceptions to normal policy are close to non-existent which is why so many buyers and sellers complain about how Ebay has ignored their sad story of how they have been unjustly punished.

Few of these Ebay employees are willing to risk losing their job to get a free baseball card or video game or book etc etc etc.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'd love it if all eBay employees were required to open a selling account from scratch, set up managed payments, then sell an expensive personally owned item, like an iphone or playstation. Or maybe jewelry or expensive shoes.

Then they could see just how screwed up their platform is.

I get surveys from eBay, I forget the name of the program. A couple of months back they asked us what we would like to tell Jamie Iannone. I suggested what I wrote above.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

This is what people don't really get.

In order for eBay to accept credit cards they have to accept the CC's terms.

eBay has no real recourse to set policy. They would have to create their entirely own payment system if they wanted actual control.

AND even then, eBay since it's operating in America would have to make sure to comply with all the consumer protection laws that protect buyers.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Some people who work for ebay must buy and even sell on ebay

I bet a lot of eBay employees buy and sell here.

is it handled the same as 'our' returns.

eBay would never fund the Money Back Guarantee for employees out of their own pocket. That would just encourage their employees to collude with scammers.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Since when has ebay ever followed the law? Several ebay executives are sitting in prison right now, and this platform is under federal oversight for the next 2 years because they violated so many laws.

Despite this, ebay is still committing mass fraud by refunding millions upon millions of buyers while allowing them to keep the sellers products. That is absolutely fraud in the eyes of the law.

I've been defrauded by this platform too, once to the tune of $190 for a single transaction. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that they relented and handed over my money. ebay knew they couldnt win in a court of law, and their terms of service don't override the law either.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm curious, if it's so blatantly illegal why aren't legal firms trying to capitalize on it with class action suits? I would feel there are a ton of lawyers out there that would love to win these types of cases.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Imagine the bad press if it got out that corporate ebay had a system in place to 

solve issues for their employees that suffered problems using the site,

That the unwashed masses weren't able to take advantage of.   

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps attorneys have read the agreement signed by sellers when they begin their selling careers here and have noted the fact that there can be no "class action lawsuits".  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply