cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my response.

I will try to keep this short as possible. 

Yesterday 10/21, I see a neutral feedback from a buyer. This is a false feedback showing in my active listings now, but not showing my response to the buyer's post. NOT COOL eBay! You're shooting me and yourself in the foot!

This is what the buyer stated: Love it shipping was very slow but I will order from you again thank you and God bless 🙏

This is my response to their feedback: Love what? You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. Beware sellers! Always Google map and reading buyer's complete feedback profile helps. Not sure how this buyer can leave a neutral when the order was cancelled and never shipped.Something eBay needs to look into!

1. I immediately responded and put a request in to retract. The retraction request only goes to the buyer. Not eBay.

2. There is not an option to report the buyer for false claim per this type of issue.

3. When I cancelled the order, I even added the buyer to my block list immediately.

4. Why and how can a buyer who never received the item, order cancelled, refunded, and blocked from future purchase is still allowed to leave such feedback?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my respo

@sextons-sweet-deals   from this link> https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/order-cancellation-policy?id=5298&st=3&p...

• A buyer can still leave feedback on a canceled transaction, unless the order was canceled because they didn't pay for the item. Learn more in our Unpaid item policy
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Re: I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my respo

You are very lucky you didnt get a negative. I know I'd sure as heck have given you on.

You dont need to be on here selling if you are SCARED about the feedback someone could possibly leave  you. Sounds like a coward move to me

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

The only thing wrong with the neutral feedback you received was the retaliatory response left.  Not good.

Posting ID
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

I cancelled per the buyer's request and the feedback they left for me disappeared. I am surprised it didn't for you as well.  I have shipped to hotels before too - never had a problem.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

you crack me up after I left positive comments on your recent post issue.

... thanks for leaving "positive" comments on my recent post issue....??????

I don't care if you leave positive, neutral or negative comments on my post issues, as long as you are respectful.. I hope you leave genuine comments, even if it is constructive criticism. 

I don't come here to be a cheerleader or for others to be my cheerleader. I come here for assistance and to assist. (Sometimes to make jokes but thats clearly wasn't my goal here, although I "cracked you up".) Apparently you don't want the constructive criticism you received from pretty much everyone here.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

per part of my post:   You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. 

@sextons-sweet-deals 

What reason did you select when you cancelled the order?  

That assumption about where they were having the item shipped to is so judgmental for so many reasons and again I can only voice my surprise at your experience level inspiring you to react the way you did.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 36 of 40
latest reply

To protect bidder / buyer I.D. out of respect.

You may see the buyer I.D. reviewing my feedback. That is out of my control. Talk to eBay. 

In the early days of eBay, the issue was that other sellers were contacting bidders of other sellers listings. 

@sextons-sweet-deals 

Ebay hasn't shown buyer IDs on FB pages for sellers in a few years now.  Only the seller that had the transaction with the buyer can see the buyer ID.  None of the rest of us can.  We are no longer in the "early days".  Those are long gone.

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

You did not read my complete post.

You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. Beware sellers! Always Google map and reading buyer's complete feedback profile helps. Not sure how this buyer can leave a neutral when the order was cancelled and never shipped.Something eBay needs to look into!

Yes I did.

There is no such reason that you can file for a Cancellation that is for "... based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers."  So maybe you should read my short question again.  What reason did you select when you filed for the cancellation?

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

did you really read the post?

They never received the item! Order Cancelled!

Claim they received. Love it, but slow shipping. 

Oh I get it, sorry I too was confused by why you were confused that the buyer could actually leave FB.  First we all need to understand that to leave FB receiving the item is NOT required.  I've been trying to get you to share what reason you selected for the Cancellation, which would tell us more.  Some reasons for the cancellation will block a buyer's ability to leave FB and others don't.  

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

@sfau wrote:

I cancelled per the buyer's request and the feedback they left for me disappeared. I am surprised it didn't for you as well.  I have shipped to hotels before too - never had a problem.

That is one of the reasons when filing a cancellation that a buyer can't leave FB.  However there has to be an email from the buyer requesting this or the seller could get in trouble for the abuse of the cancellation system and they are currently cracking down on sellers that do this.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply