cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my response.

I will try to keep this short as possible. 

Yesterday 10/21, I see a neutral feedback from a buyer. This is a false feedback showing in my active listings now, but not showing my response to the buyer's post. NOT COOL eBay! You're shooting me and yourself in the foot!

This is what the buyer stated: Love it shipping was very slow but I will order from you again thank you and God bless 🙏

This is my response to their feedback: Love what? You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. Beware sellers! Always Google map and reading buyer's complete feedback profile helps. Not sure how this buyer can leave a neutral when the order was cancelled and never shipped.Something eBay needs to look into!

1. I immediately responded and put a request in to retract. The retraction request only goes to the buyer. Not eBay.

2. There is not an option to report the buyer for false claim per this type of issue.

3. When I cancelled the order, I even added the buyer to my block list immediately.

4. Why and how can a buyer who never received the item, order cancelled, refunded, and blocked from future purchase is still allowed to leave such feedback?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my respo

Correction!

That is terrible feedback from a buyer who never received item! I'm glad I made the correct decision. 

Did you actually read my full post?

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Re: I have a problem with eBay showing recent buyer feedback on my active listings, but not my respo

I did that, but it is up to the buyer to respond from what I see at my end. 

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

per part of my post:   You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. 

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Correction!

That is terrible feedback from a buyer who never received item! I'm glad I made the correct decision. 

Did you actually read my full post?

I still don't get it.

You think buyers should only be able to leave feedback if they RECEIVE the item?

If they're treated poorly and don't  receive the item, they are not entitled to leave feedback?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

To protect bidder / buyer I.D. out of respect.

You may see the buyer I.D. reviewing my feedback. That is out of my control. Talk to eBay. 

In the early days of eBay, the issue was that other sellers were contacting bidders of other sellers listings. 

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

you crack me up after I left positive comments on your recent post issue.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

To protect bidder / buyer I.D. out of respect.

You may see the buyer I.D. reviewing my feedback. That is out of my control. Talk to eBay. 

In the early days of eBay, the issue was that other sellers were contacting bidders of other sellers listings. 

We can’t see the buyer ids on other sellers’ accounts.  Look at my feedback.  You are only hiding your items.

Also, your response on the other neutral is confusing too.  It sounds like your buyer did ask you to cancel, but only you, the seller, can do that for them. They have no ability to do that other than to kindly ask you.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

You did not read my complete post.

You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location and the many negative and neutral feedback you have left for sellers. Location looks like a lodge / motel or a weekly / monthly room rental. No room number noted in shipping address. Beware sellers! Always Google map and reading buyer's complete feedback profile helps. Not sure how this buyer can leave a neutral when the order was cancelled and never shipped.Something eBay needs to look into!

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

did you really read the post?

They never received the item! Order Cancelled!

Claim they received. Love it, but slow shipping. 

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

you did not read my response in full and put yourself in the seller position. 

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

you did not read my post in full.

Buyer leaves feedback as if they received item. They never did.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

You would have been better off if your long angry imaginative angry and long response was invisible.

Ask eBay to remove both FB and Response on the basis of the cancellation and your mention of eBay actions.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Regardless of the fact that your reply doesn’t appear in the feedback preview section of your listings;

Regardless of whether the buyer received the item or not, or asked to cancel or not;

That reply to feedback left basically screams “No bids from poor people!”

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

Yes, it does appear that the feedback left by the buyer was for the incorrect transaction.

What is unfortunate is that they did not leave the "correct" feedback for the transaction.

Buyers are and should be allowed to post feedback when a seller cancels due to their perception of the transaction using a questionable reason.

Not allowing feedback for seller cancelled transactions would be poor policy.

eBay should be monitoring seller's reasons for cancelling, and a "blue" recently posted that they are doing so.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

The follow up to the feedback should have been something along the lines of, *This appeared to be feedback for a different transaction, " or nothing at all.

You never received the item because I cancelled order based on your location..." sounds awful. 

Message 30 of 40
latest reply