cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave negative feedback on a buyer who didn't pay?

I just had my first buyer who didn't pay.  Person bid on item 8 minutes before it ended and it has been 4 days. I gave 3 reminders. I finally cancel the order due to non payment. I was going to write negative feedback but found out I can't? Because it's cancelled? I meant to let others know so they can block this buyer. This person made my item stay off the market for 4 days of Christmas prime time shopping and now I'm upset and want to do something about it.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: How to leave negative feedback on a buyer who didn't pay?

This happens all the time, just deal with it. It sucks, but just block the person and go again.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

I used all the previous links listed on here. No 5 day cancellation option when I click auto cancel on. The only selection in my drop down menu is 30 days. Not sure if it's just my eBay account or what. If you have screenshots of how you did it, that would be more helpful.

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Funny thing about those unpaid item strikes.  I have had people get around my blocks for unpaid item strikes somehow.  Never have gotten an answer from eBay when I have asked how they were able to.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

"Buyers receive a strike".  Have seen that comment repeated thru many threads.  What exactly is a "strike"?  I have not seen in any publications or posted comments by eBay.  Is it documented, in eBay postings that such things exist? How many strikes does one get before they are suspended or otherwise disciplined?  If there is such a thing is the information only available to eBay itself? Do CS supervisors, for instance, have that information so that they can identify buyers who may have less than an honorable reputation in their dealings?

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

This is what a buyer see's when they attempt to bid on or purchase any item if they have strikes for non payment.  

I have mine set to 2 stickes in 12 month [the toughest one]

NPB.jpg

As seller you set your Buyer Requirements yourself so the system works for those who do that.

I really don't care whether a buyer is banned or not, because my blocks prevent them from ever buying from me.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Thanks, I wanted to know about that too.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

You can’t

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

As much as I hate deadbeat buyer/bidders I don't see what good it would do to neg them. Only sellers with time on their hands go looking through buyer's feedbacks as there is no real purpose. The best thing to do is post  their ID's on a public social media forum so others can block them, then move on.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

A strike is like a demerit or defect.  When a buyer does not pay within 4 days, the seller cancels and eBay refunds his FVF.  That gives the buyer a strike.  Sellers can set their requirements so that they do not have to deal with buyers who have two strikes in twelve months.  Not sure if a buyer gets suspended after a certain number of strikes, or if they do.  

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

If you are "upset and want to do something about it", how about using the tools eBay gives you? After 4 days of nonpayment, cancel using "buyer didn't pay".  On the 5th day, eBay refunds your FVF and you are free to relist.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

I feel your pain, cause  have been there as a seller too.  Personally, I do not like that buyers are allowed 4 days to pay for an item. To me it's ridiculously unfair to sellers. Once the seller accepts the offer, the item is removed from the active listings for up to 4 days. If the buyer doesn't come through in four days with payment, the seller has lost both time, and potential other buyers by waiting on them.

I feel that people shouldn't be placing orders, unless they are willing & able to pay for the item within a reasonable about of time. Sellers shouldn't be put into the position of being "creditors" to buyers, and giving them excessive time to pay. To me, 4 days is very excessive.

In my opinion, paying within 24 hours of a seller accepting their offer, is more than enough time for buyer to pay for an item. They either have the money, or they don't, and if they don't, they shouldn't have been making offers on items in the first place.

A 24 hour window would give the buyer a reasonable about of time to check their messages and/or EBay account to see that their offer was accepted, and gives them more than enough time to pay for it.
I do not know why EBay settled on a 4 Day grace period, but to me it overly excessive, and it's seriously unfair to sellers, in my opinion.
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Agreed!

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

sorry deleted

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply