cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a buyer have to leave feedback now?

All,

I sold an item 2/22/23. Today the buyer left neutral feedback.

How is that possible? Way beyond 60 days, over 90 days since ship. 

Is this another eBay buyer "perk"?

Calling non-customer service in the morning.

And no, this is not my selling ID.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: How long does a buyer have to leave feedback now?

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

How is a buyer able to open an item not received after 6 months? I had one for 6 months and 3 months so far this year.

Actually, neutral feedbacks, some of the ones I got were mistakes and I emailed buyers right away and got them removed by the buyers. I don't know about the timelines. The timelines do change meaning what was a timeline before changes from a timeline today in many countries. I notice that in Australia and a few other other countries. 

If it was a USA sale it looks like the buyer waited exactly about 90 days to leave it. That is cruel.

But I don't really look at neutral feedbacks when I buy. And usually if you sell enough they get knocked off early.

Would I call customer service...it would be in the afternoon with 🍷 nearby...just my personal thoughts.

Being extremely nice on the phone talking about the weather and such does sometimes work and telling them they are so nice to talk to.  Saying I been on the phone 45 minutes to talk to a real person will get you "what do you think"?

I believe buyers can open an INR at any time; but the 30 day MBG doesn't kick in for the buyer.  What was the outcome of those? Were you able to input tracking numbers, or you don't use them or or?? 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@ham_stuff wrote:

Thank you. I rarely hit the boards anymore, but folks like you and the other responders are a GREAT asset.

I will call them tomorrow. It's garbage feedback.

@ham_stuff:

Since you rarely hit the boards anymore, you may or may not be aware that talking to a live CS Rep on the phone may not be the best idea. The telephone reps have constantly received the notoriety of being unreliable and will often tell you anything just to get you off the phone. They are NOT actual eBay employees with authority to solve issues, but contractors who are not well trained, often from offshore and  not understandable, and sometimes read off a script. Too many of them don't actually care about member issues, and you can read on this board some of the frustrating complaints about terrible advice, promises, or information from them.

If you want a real eBay employee with a much better chance of giving correct information or actually getting a problem solved, contact them on eBay For Business on Facebook or on Twitter. On Facebook, reach them by clicking on the message button -- don't just post there.

Cheers, Duffy  

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

You're upset that the window to leave feedback is too long?

Would you be calling ebay to complain if it was a positive feedback you received?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 18 of 18
latest reply