cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have your sales stopped after posting negative experiences with ebay?

1. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that after posting the truth in here  about their negative ebay encounters that their sales have then plummeted or outright been stopped? 
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Have your sales stopped after posting negative experiences with ebay?

I ACTUALLY WONDERED THAT MYSELF- MY SALES ARE DOWN AND ALL I FO IS **bleep**, I DONT JUMP THROUGH THEIR HOOPS.. IT VERY WELL MIGHT BE A FORM OF PUNISHMENT FOR NON COMPLIANCE WHO THE HELL KNOWS

Message 31 of 55
latest reply

@regwh-83 wrote:
  1. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that after posting the truth in here  about their negative ebay encounters that their sales have then plummeted or outright been stopped? 

No.

Message 32 of 55
latest reply

YES!!

Message 33 of 55
latest reply

Not out of my reach but I ship on MY SCHEDULE and I have already cut costs to the bone so dont need their little badge OR whatever listing discount they offer TRS and I sell just fine.  This isnt a "business" for me, it is a global online yard sale.  I sell stuff I have and make side money.  I have no illusions that I am on par with Amazon and dont try to be.  I got stuff, buyers got money, lets swap.

Message 34 of 55
latest reply

That's the difference... it isn't a business for you. it is for me, so the perspective is completely different. No WAY would I go through what I go through to be TRS if it was just a hobby or to make some extra cash. This business supports several people, so to me, conducting business as a business is extremely important, and striving to be a good business is not only personal, but is essential to the business.
Message 35 of 55
latest reply

No, not so far, anyway.

Message 36 of 55
latest reply

@plumbingspecials

I applaud your standards and your reasons for achieving TRS.  But your motives may not be embraced by everyone, nor your methods of achieving such.  Many see little benefit to it, since the discount was cut in half and new policies have come into being.  Some think it worth it, others don't, but that doesn't make them wrong.    If TRS is what causes bad experiences, in attempts to get sales at all costs, even running off buyers, then that defeats what TRS is supposed to stand for, and that is why many do not trust it anymore, or are extremely cynical on it being beneficial to buy from those sellers.  Some just equate it with trouble.  

Message 37 of 55
latest reply

I know right where you are coming from. There are a lot things that tick me off with the control buyers have over the transaction process...… but.... we are "The Business" that each buyer is dealing with and WE represent as sellers the FACE of eBay. Like any business, we are subject to feedback whether it is Yelp or Google or whatever....

I promise you, the average seller does not stand a chance if we FAIL to properly represent the face of eBay. It part of our responsibility.

No matter where you sell......Nobody, in their right minds wants to be publicly called out for how a buyer feels about a transaction when it is a ugly representation of a moment in time of our business. Whether true or not. Especially if you take a lot pride in what you do and how you do it.... but.... If you sell on eBay...you are going to have those experiences no matter what your FB score says today.
Message 38 of 55
latest reply

I've not seen anything that would indicate "Punishment" for idea contrary to eBay policy or whatever. Some days they are good, some days they are bad. Kind of like the ol' hit n miss engines...lol

Cheers

Message 39 of 55
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Because ... when you go to a seller's profile (not their listing), it shows how the seller is rated by ebay. 

I would really like to see that seller rating. Could you post a link to one? Or provide step-by-step instructions (think "computer challenged") on how to get to a seller's rating?

Thanks!

Message 40 of 55
latest reply

i don't think they really care if they did i don't think we could find this item
#
Message 41 of 55
latest reply

@moms**art**window** wrote:
i don't think they really care if they did i don't think we could find this item
#

OMG......Lol.

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

Here's another one....382527634352.

Yikes, I didn't know people were that angry?

Message 43 of 55
latest reply

OH no, another conspiracy theory.

No, this does not happen.

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

I thought the entire reason this board existed

was to help sellers who are having problems (negative experiences) here?

Thanks

Lynn

No, it's more of a communal therapy for disgruntled sellers.

Message 45 of 55
latest reply