cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

Did anyone else get this package containing a thank you card and a kit to grow your own tomatoes?

16714040257645350401364234879577.jpg

 Does Mr. Ireland think I'm a gardener,  I can't even maintain a Christmas cactus let alone grow vegetables. Can I claim SNAD on this package or do I actually have to get dirt under my long fingernails?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Got a package from the big guy on Ebay today

I got a rock... walks away pigeon-toed with my head down...

Message 106 of 162
latest reply

Boo-boo, no eBay gift here. Maybe only for those in the US, but we up here in the Great White North do tend to be forgotten. Katz, hope you are feeling much better!

Happy Holidays to all!

Message 107 of 162
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

....sending each Seller a $10-$20 credit/coupon might have been more efficient/economical

I asked about an eBay gift card as an easy gift solution, and was told the company was no longer allowed to give those.  Probably came up against a new money-laundering law. A credit/coupon, on the other hand, would also be a nice gesture.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 108 of 162
latest reply

Got mine yesterday, a couple different herbs.

With food prices going up, I'm going to start growing a lot more myself.

Have a great day
Message 109 of 162
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Update.  FedEx backed into my driveway this AM with my gift. Now I can have a herb garden.

If a lowly seller like me got this then it must mean that all sellers will be getting these as the days go by.

Then this lowly seller will still hold out hope... 😇

You know, a couple of years ago I was shocked (and delighted!) to receive eBay gifts! That year, it was some great SWAG... an Emergency blanket, a portable cooler, a bluetooth speaker and a set of (forgotten) floor Dominoes.

I've decided that if I happened  to receive this year's kit, I'd gift it to my 90-year-old Mom who gardens and sells books here. (She's never received any eBay SWAG at all.) And if FedEx doesn't find me... I'll gift her my Dominoes for her back porch. 🤗

Message 110 of 162
latest reply

Ebay loves me!!!!!!  Better Half hasn't gotten one.......and is crying, but perhaps just one to an address........

Thanks Adam.......and Ebay........little things do brighten up life!!!

Message 111 of 162
latest reply

@dhbookds 

Oh goody I'm so glad you got one!

Message 112 of 162
latest reply

I received mine yesterday. 
Herbs basil, winter thyme and oregano. With cute burlap planters. 
The card is seed paper, probably wildflowers like the pencil sleeve. The pencil can be planted too to grow cherry tomatoes. 
I think it was a nice gesture.  746510B8-6A18-4F44-ABB3-A402AB59E4E1.jpeg

Message 113 of 162
latest reply

It is a nice gesture, more so than a credit.  My Elf stole the spade!  My sales have been really slow, so it was a real pick-me-up.  My hubby and daughter were so happy for me and seemed really proud that eBay thinks about us little sellers.   I don't make a lot of money, but I do spend a lot of my time volunteering on the boards and ask a mentor.    It saves them money on customer service.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 114 of 162
latest reply

Any idea what the card stock seeds are?  It doesn't say.  May that one is 'human catnip' .... 😉

Message 115 of 162
latest reply

@house*of*paws 

@house*of*paws wrote:

Any idea what the card stock seeds are?  It doesn't say.  May that one is 'human catnip' .... 😉

I do know that there are different pencils - mine says Basil. So those are going in the window box.

And my pencil sleeve says "watch your wildflowers grow", so those are going outside where the bees can enjoy. Holding the card and sleeve up to the light, the seeds do appear to be tiny and similar, so I'm guessing more wildflowers.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 116 of 162
latest reply

I got a chunk of coal 😐

Nah....I got nuttin'.

Must not have sold enough stuff.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 117 of 162
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy 

The wrapping paper that was included is nice and hefty too.

I'm wondering if it is based on board activity that we are the chosen ones?

Message 118 of 162
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus 

Naw I sent that lump of coal silly! Just be patient I'm sure yours is coming!

Message 119 of 162
latest reply

Thanks for that post about the "pencil".

Thought it was just a stick 😁 , and wondered why I did not get the tomatoes that other spoke of. Even look in the box again to see if "packet" 4 was missing.

Message 120 of 162
latest reply