cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I feel this is a manipulation to get more people to list items as auctions which is what eBay has always pushed.  This has completely smashed my rhythm and will take so much more time and effort.  Starting to rethink how to get off eBay.

Message 16 of 165
latest reply

Good til Canceled is worst policy Ebay has ever instituted.. especially for small scale individual sellers. Adds so much more time to monitor listings. I schedule my listings to end within a time frame that fits my schedule for being available to ship item within my stated shipping time. Now I would have to end a listing if I'm going to be gone and then pay fees to relist it. VERY BAD POLICY!! Won't be listing much on Ebay anymore, if at all. This policy is good for no one in the long run.
Message 17 of 165
latest reply

sorry.

99% of what we list is fixed price listings. I worded that wrong.

Message 18 of 165
latest reply

my mistake
I meant to say fixed price listings
Message 19 of 165
latest reply

This is one of the worst things ebay has done to sellers!  I always relist my items, I reevaluate the listing price after 30 days!  I guess ebay wants to get my 25 cents faster!  Will make tons more work for me.  I used the unsold to check prices and then relisted.  Now the items will just sit!  Seems odd that ebay now wants to tell me how long I can list an item.  This is getting ridiculous.  Looking at other avenues, I'll tell you that for sure!

Message 20 of 165
latest reply

Dumbest idea since forcing a listing to be 2 weeks old before discounting it.
Let's hope this stupid idea goes the way of that other stupid idea.
Message 21 of 165
latest reply

This move by ebay is just another in a long list of cra* that they've pulled on sellers over the past few years.

This totally ruins all my listings(most of which are fixed price) and is just another attempt by ebay to squeeze more bucks out of us when our listings auto renew every 30 days and our free listing allocation runs out.

Very sneaky and total disregard for sellers.

But then again, ebay doesn't care about sellers...only buyers.

Have you noticed the other sneaky thing they started doing without telling anyone, whereby if you relist an item through one of their email links saying "relisting is easy.." that when you relist, ebay checks the box that says "relist this up to 8 times" ?  SNEAKYYYY!

Someone is going to file a class action suit against these guys one day for deceptive business practices.

Do they REALLY think we're going to believe that they are trying to HELP US sell our items by dropping the 30-day option?

COME ON EBAY.

Cut it already.

Leave stuff alone and stop changing stuff every 6 months to "help" us.

Message 22 of 165
latest reply

This is a complete **bleep** move!!  I certainly don't believe that 80% of listings are GTC.  If anything, I would believe just the opposite.  I haven't seen any intelligent rationale for this.  I prefer to decide if, and when, I will relist my items, whether it be seasonal, or not.  I like to rotate my inventory and may wait one, or two, months before relisting some items.  It will be a royal PITA to try to remember when to end listings early, to avoid GREEDBAY slapping on more fees.  This is nothing more than a back door scam to increase their revenue.  Absolute **bleep**!!

Message 23 of 165
latest reply

I am totally ticked. I do not want Good Until Cancelled on my Fixed fee listings! I will have to go in and do auction style on 1000 items! I AM PEEVED. EVERY TIME EBAY MAKES A CHANGE IT COSTS ME MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When ebay forced me into having free returns, I lost money. I want to decide which of my listings are current - not ebay making that decision. Ebay must be trying to run off their small sellers.  I am seriously thinking of getting out of ebay. 

Message 24 of 165
latest reply

librisdeditus hit the nail on the head.  ebay is trying to force out the small sellers.  They don't want sellers who sell unique or used items. 

Message 25 of 165
latest reply

This is a STUPID idea.  I rotate my stock, so now I have to go in on the 30 days and end everything.  More steps for me.  But as usual, ebay could care less about the small sellers.  One more reason I'm thinking about closing my stores.

Message 26 of 165
latest reply

Leave stuff alone and stop changing stuff every 6 months to "help" us.
.....I CONSTANTLY FEEL LIKE I'M IN EBAY 101 CLASS YEAR ROUND.......
Message 27 of 165
latest reply

NOW THEY SEND US AN OFFER

for 100 extra listings at .05 each

how does that really help if your listings never end now????

-CCA

Message 28 of 165
latest reply

I hate the idea of automatic GTC.   I, like many people who hate this idea, am a small seller.  I imagine when ebay trots out the 80% figure that 80% is from multi quantity large sellers of new items.   They believe that vintage sellers of one off items should follow this model.   Just like they believe that I should accept free returns, though that is not mandatory... yet.  They also think I should offer free shipping.   I don't offer free shipping.  I don't offer 60 returns.  Yet,  my sales have increased over my sales of 2 years ago.   Having one business model for all types of business is idiotic thinking.   I will continue to sell on ebay because I have items that seem to sell through faster on ebay.  However,  I will not be able to list as much as I could before.  I will likely move my more expensive items to a different venue just because they take longer to sell.   My business on ebay was growing and now ebay has given me no choice but to scale it back.  

Message 29 of 165
latest reply

Liquidating my ebay as we speak, GTC is so bad for sellers with one of a kind items, i can't afford to stay, 21 years, now this.

Message 30 of 165
latest reply