cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@coins-and-currency-auctions wrote:

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them.

GTC doesn't have anything to do with auctions, its only for fixed priced listings.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

this is OUTRAGEOUS and adds so much work to my plate..  EBAY IS DEAF to users needs!

Message 2 of 165
latest reply

The GTC started this evening when I tried to relist an item.   They apparently are trying to pass this off as good for sellers.  What a joke.  Having to go through my listed items one-by-one and ending the ones that haven't sold, and I'm not ready to relist is going to be a pain.

I think they are merely trying to boost their relist fees.  Greed is an ugly thing.  I think this mostly hurts small to medium or hobby sellers. 

Message 3 of 165
latest reply

I agree totally I like to do 5 day fixed or best offer because buyers are more likely to buy if they think it might be gone in a week and can also request a lower price. This is just another way for ebay to get $$$. I only sell about a small amount on ebay. I am going to go back to auctions for now.
Message 4 of 165
latest reply

This sucks. I am a member since 1999. They changed this with no notice. I am on hold right now for over 30 minutes to tell them I am closing my store that I reopen automatically. Its worth the penalty TO END THE BUll **bleep**. They also changed the selling page with no way for me to change it back.  They were good until they were cancelled by their own doing. Fire the geniuses that did this good til ended. 

Message 5 of 165
latest reply

I am in total agreement .

Message 6 of 165
latest reply

I am thoroughly fed up with them also. I would have been bidding and listing items tonight but have been on hold for 40 minutes now. I have thousands of coins and items to list but am giving them 2 weeks to change this back. Then I will end my store and all else with them. 

Message 7 of 165
latest reply

I have been with eBay for 18 years and have been a power seller for many of those years. This is a terrible business idea. It doesn't fit my business plan, as I sell vintage and limited availability items that don't have huge margins. An extra $50-$75 in listing fees per month really puts a damper on things here. If I don't list, I don't sell, and eBay doesn't get their commission. That is the reality for me (and eBay)...

Message 8 of 165
latest reply

They changed this with no notice

Better start reading announcements:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2019-Early-Seller-Update/ba-p/29503749

Message 9 of 165
latest reply

I agree with all of the above.

If I wanted to use GTC for my ebay business I'd have chosen to do so years ago.

I didn't want it then, I don't want it now.
Message 10 of 165
latest reply

Well the update was all about the change to GTC, but they certainly didn't give us an actual date or time in the announcements.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 11 of 165
latest reply

I totally agree -- first they changed the number days we could list on auction, now only 'til cancelled on fixed [rice.  eBay does not seem to think we can manage our own listings !  AND they certainly will charge us fast enough when we forget to cancel something.

Message 12 of 165
latest reply

I called to ask about this, as I would not have even noticed when relisting my two unsold items if not for my eagle eye noticing the change in duration. After calling, and 40 minutes on hold, a very rude and snappy representative "answered" all of my questions in a very curt, defensive manner. I informed him that I didn't recall seeing a notification about this change and he basically said, "oh, well, you did and it was less than a month ago and this is how we're doing things now." I said this wasn't good for a seller like me and this person made it plain that they 100% DO NOT CARE. I mean, I've been adapting to all the changes over the years that continually cripple sellers, and I thought: fine, I'm not a big store or anything but I could probably adapt to this bad decision on the company's part. But after talking to this totally horrible, soulless eBay representative, I know I do not want to have anything to do with this site anymore. After nearly 20 years on eBay I guess it's finally time to move on to sell and buy elsewhere.

Message 13 of 165
latest reply

I completely agree that this is a BAD idea. It's like they don't have a clue.
Message 14 of 165
latest reply

@coins-and-currency-auctions wrote:

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them.

GTC doesn't have anything to do with auctions, its only for fixed priced listings.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 165
latest reply