cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

So do I.....I'm not complaining...I just think it's funny as hell that sellers hold their feedback until the buyers leave theirs....I'm not doing the investigation here and comparing feedbacks...you've done that....lol

Message 106 of 115
latest reply

@dennis334 wrote:

No extortion here.....as a buyer, I will never leave the first feedback. I did my part of the deal, I paid for the item. What else does the seller give a feedback for? Please tell me

Let's see, what else could the buyer's feedback be based on? OK:

1. Not filing a false INR
  2. Not filing a SNAD because they didn't read the listing
  3. Not damaging the item so they can file a SNAD and make the seller pay return shipping
  4. Not swapping their broken item for the one the seller sent
  5. Not filing a fraudulent CC chargeback
  6. Not negging the seller if the Post Office took too long to deliver the promptly mailed package

All of those things can happen after you do the one thing you're REQUIRED to do, i.e. pay.

Message 107 of 115
latest reply

@dennis334

@dennis334 wrote:

So do I.....I'm not complaining...I just think it's funny as hell that sellers hold their feedback until the buyers leave theirs....I'm not doing the investigation here and comparing feedbacks...you've done that....lol

OH Snort... Yesterday there was a post by a guy who had two listings running.

One was "Good Feedback"....  for 99 cents with free shipping.

Not sure that is ebay legal... I laughed so hard beer came out of my nose.

I am a seller only.... seeing as I have no money.... momma keeps me on a short leash.

I get FB about 1/3 rd of the time, it's all been good.

lol   When I first started a buyer left one "too busy to leave FB I guess"

Some people get bugged up about FB.

If a buyer gives me FB, I give it right back, quick like.

Some say a seller should leave it after payment, the buyer did their job..... not me

I give it month after the sale, to make sure there are no problems,

I had a guy scam me, for my first time after 6 years.

He got no FB from me.... I wish I could have negged him into next tuesday.

But buyers can only get positive FB, and on BIN, a seller has no clue until after the sale.

A sellers FB is important for buyers, as it gives a picture of the seller.

Negs and newts for bad items, seller has US addy, but drop ships from China, etc.

Back button here I come.

The current system is not that bad, I think it works well.

Buyers leave FB, and sellers can add their comments to the FB.

They could drop the FB for buyers, it is pointless as all they can get is A+

lol... Once saw a girl run out the resturant door and throw a quarter at a guy.

She said "if you can't leave a tip, don't come back"

After that he gave a nice tip every time... but she still gave him the stink eye...

Message 108 of 115
latest reply

I'm a seller, i don't understand. I leave feedback
Message 109 of 115
latest reply

Every five years or so I sell off stuff from my closet. Nice stuff, mind you. My last spate of sales around 2010 garnered favorable feedback/reviews, and so too previous years. This time around, 2017, no one leaves feedback. On an unrelated communication with eBay I thought to ask why people don't leave feedback like back in the old days, 2001 when I first logged on. The eBay rep said that the courtesy of leaving feedback has been in a downward trend for several years, and eBay is working to incentivize buyers/sellers into leaving feedback.

Message 110 of 115
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@dennis334 wrote:

No extortion here.....as a buyer, I will never leave the first feedback. I did my part of the deal, I paid for the item. What else does the seller give a feedback for? Please tell me

Let's see, what else could the buyer's feedback be based on? OK:

1. Not filing a false INR
  2. Not filing a SNAD because they didn't read the listing
  3. Not damaging the item so they can file a SNAD and make the seller pay return shipping
  4. Not swapping their broken item for the one the seller sent
  5. Not filing a fraudulent CC chargeback
  6. Not negging the seller if the Post Office took too long to deliver the promptly mailed package

All of those things can happen after you do the one thing you're REQUIRED to do, i.e. pay.

Thank you! As I said in an earlier post, I had a person receive silver-clad coins very clearly described as "NOT ACTUAL SILVER" come questioning me with an attitude as to what game was I playing with him. Someone who bought a DS game box for $3.99 asked where the game was when I said in title, description, condition description that there was "NO GAME; JUST BOX." They opened cases against me and lost without question. And I had already left them positive feedback (the only kind)!

One buyer bought used sunglasses from me, noting there was a small aesthetic scratch on one lens they couldn't see in my 6 photos and I myself couldn't see at all. I read afterwards that items noted as used that had reasonably minor wear could warrant refusing a return, but I didn't want to risk it so I accepted the return. The person didn't respond for 10 days, claiming they were at their friend's wedding and NOW they would return the glasses. And I'm supposed to smile and say thank you and what a pleasant experience? Although somehow, they put down "buyer pays return shipping" without being asked, so that was a plus! I guess they recognized either the item had served its purpose or it was just buyer's remorse.

And of course there was the person who opened a case against me and left negative feedback because the insured, tracked, priority package showed delivered, but they came to me 5 days after "delivery" to say it wasn't. And I understand it could've been stolen, but they instantly asked me to recoup the insurance on the lost package and pass it onto them and I told them I couldn't because it technically wasn't lost and that they should speak to their neighbors/post office. They opened a case anyway saying it wasn't their responsibility to talk to their post office. Luckily I no longer leave feedback until I receive it so stuff like this doesn't get rewarded.

And to finish on a story WITH FB: a buyer who lived in my city bought a blue blanket and, upon receiving it, didn't realize it was such a light blue. They had somehow overlooked the Navy blue one as being gray and, with my confirmation that it was, in fact, blue, wanted to exchange. I said fine. I even offered local pickup, which I've never done, to save them the shipping back both ways. I was available whenever and we set a date. They then insist that eBay messaging is a problem for them, so give them my phone number. I did. Then they keep calling to reschedule. Then they actually asked ME if I could hop on a bus across the city to DELIVER it to them! I finally "compromised" by meeting them at my closest subway station (people kept asking me why I did since the buyer was the one who made a special request)... and they left me positive feedback! Is that what I have to do to get some?

Message 111 of 115
latest reply

Ditto; I understand your frustration, I should have three times the positve feedbacks as i have, I ship in a day, I ship Priority, I send messages letting them know its been shipped, thanking them a 2nd time for their purchase, often they thank me, yet no feedback, it is discouraging,

Message 112 of 115
latest reply

This is only a thought: maybe a lot of the people that don't leave feedback simply just don't care.
Message 113 of 115
latest reply

Amen.
Message 114 of 115
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 115 of 115
latest reply