cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Feedback

I appreciate the comments & suggestions. In regards to the negative feedback- you will notice that those are all over a year ago. I recently decided to be more consistent with my ebay business. I would also like to add that the broken items were insured and the buyers were not left without resolution.

I advise insuring ALL breakable items. I was told by a postal service worker several years ago that ALL packages are THROWN even if they are marked fragile. Sometimes, it does not matter how well you pack an item- the treatment of packages by the postal service is brutal.

By the way, one post of any specific response is sufficient- and you don't have to use big red print. Posting the same response multiple times is just as irritating as you say requesting feedback is- if not more so.

I hope they do eliminate the rating system.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Feedback

@cjrcp wrote:

The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

Ya might git the same thing 'skeeters do when they bite me.

-  Happy Now?  I am!

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

@cjrcp

Never, ever ask for feedback. You just might get one you don't like. Besides, it's voluntary to leave or not leave feedback. And, sometimes, there are good reasons not to leave it.

Message 3 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

I think I've left FB for all of my recent completed transactions EXCEPT the one that asked for it.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

Constantly sending feedback reminders for your buyers is a bad idea. Most people get very irritated from this and may leave bad feedback instead. They also may stop shopping on eBay because they are constantly being bothered by a seller.

Message 5 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

Dropshipping stuff that many other sellers are also dropshipping, all of them at MUCH lower prices.

Repeated requests for feedback.

Neither are good business moves.  Combined, they may make for a very short selling career.

Message 6 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

@shipshop101 wrote:

Constantly sending feedback reminders for your buyers is a bad idea. Most people get very irritated from this and may leave bad feedback instead. They also may stop shopping on eBay because they are constantly being bothered by a seller.

Yep.  Hers just one thread of many where the seller "got their feedback" after sending "reminders" to buyers:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Seller-threat-to-block-if-no-feedback/m-p/25908818/highlight/tr...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

I would think with your low feedback along with 3 neutrals and 2 negatives you should be happy when a buyer doesn't leave you feedback.  I would also think that after you left that follow up for your buyer for not leaving you feedback and received the comment from them that they had been without a computer but had planned on leaving you a negative feedback you would have learned to not make such a big deal of feedback.

I don't like it either that so many buyers fail to leave feedback but it won't stop me from thanking them for their fast payment.  Since feedback is no longer counted against a seller I have to wonder how long it will be before they do away with it completely since they only rate you on your dashboard anyway.  It can't be soon enough for me.

Message 8 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

And why do you have that image in your signature area?  Advertising?

Message 9 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

@kattinsanity wrote:

I would think with your low feedback along with 3 neutrals and 2 negatives you should be happy when a buyer doesn't leave you feedback.  I would also think that after you left that follow up for your buyer for not leaving you feedback and received the comment from them that they had been without a computer but had planned on leaving you a negative feedback you would have learned to not make such a big deal of feedback.

I don't like it either that so many buyers fail to leave feedback but it won't stop me from thanking them for their fast payment.  Since feedback is no longer counted against a seller I have to wonder how long it will be before they do away with it completely since they only rate you on your dashboard anyway.  It can't be soon enough for me.

I just saw it. That was a good one.

Message 10 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

That buyer did leave a neutral for the non working camera.  Must have had a change of heart.

Message 11 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

@shipshop101 wrote:

@kattinsanity wrote:

I just saw it. That was a good one.

OP has a No Returns policy, and states this in their listings:

Exchanges given for items damaged during shipping & manufacturer defects.  Item must be returned within 7 days.  A replacement will be sent once the returned item is received.  No refunds will be provided unless the item is discontinued.

@cjrcp

That blurb is completely unenforceable.

I suggest that you read the MBG.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 12 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

I appreciate the comments & suggestions. In regards to the negative feedback- you will notice that those are all over a year ago. I recently decided to be more consistent with my ebay business. I would also like to add that the broken items were insured and the buyers were not left without resolution.

I advise insuring ALL breakable items. I was told by a postal service worker several years ago that ALL packages are THROWN even if they are marked fragile. Sometimes, it does not matter how well you pack an item- the treatment of packages by the postal service is brutal.

By the way, one post of any specific response is sufficient- and you don't have to use big red print. Posting the same response multiple times is just as irritating as you say requesting feedback is- if not more so.

Message 13 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

I am new to the discussion board- I simply wanted suggestions/information about feedback.  If there is anything inappropriate about my post- picture or otherwise- I have no problem with removing it since I can't edit or remove it. 

I have learned one thing though.  There are some obnoxious people who post the same response multiple times.  It is doubtfult I will use the board again- it is not a friendly/congenial place.

Message 14 of 115
latest reply

Feedback

@cjrcp wrote:

That is called using the "quote" button when responding to a post.  (as I am doing here).  It is not from the same person, if you notice it is multiple posters responding to each other.  It is handy, so that others reading know which post they are responding to, and what they are referring to.  FYI.

Message 15 of 115
latest reply