cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

I think that before a transaction can be completed, feedback must be left by the seller (for prompt payment). No seller will get paid if feedback is not left. Afterall, the buyer has only a payment to make for it to be a sucessful transaction and therefore feedback can be posted at that point and verified. Simple: "No feedback, No money"

Message 61 of 115
latest reply

@hazwoper01 wrote:

I think that before a transaction can be completed, feedback must be left by the seller (for prompt payment). No seller will get paid if feedback is not left. Afterall, the buyer has only a payment to make for it to be a sucessful transaction and therefore feedback can be posted at that point and verified. Simple: "No feedback, No money"

So if feedback for buyers is mandatory, and feedback for buyers can only be positive, you'd be admitting that feedback for buyers is 100% worthless.

BTW, soemone so needy for a pat on the head that they'd advocate taking away a seller's money is, well, I'd better not say.

Message 62 of 115
latest reply

I dont get any feedbacks anymore. Tired of trying. Ebay messed it up when we can not give anything but good to buyers

Message 63 of 115
latest reply

@kevscollections wrote:
EBAY feedback system really needs attention. I understand others' frustration even though I have perfect. The problem is that one unwarranted negative and it likely will affect your sales in some way. EBAY has tried but failed to fix the issues. One thing that would help is, if buyers don't leave feedback the seller should get an automatic positive after 2 weeks. I would have over 400 feedback and one negative not hurt my percentage as bad if everyone left feedback. But instead i have 157. See my point? Also, their return policy is bogus. This is auction, not retail. Now, if you misrepresent the item, yes a return is fine. But if buyer is lying or just can't plesse them then return is unwarranted. Buyers not paying is wrong period. You dont bid at a real auction then decide you aren't paying. EBAY'S unpaid strike is just bogus. Why not deduct the purchase automatically after auction ends or buy it now is done? One thing that disturbs me most is when i see sellers with 30000 feedback and 700 negatives and EBAY doesn't care as long as they get their 10% fee. They really need to fix these issues.

With all due respect, you say that if a buyer doesn't leave a feedback, the seller should get an automatic postive.  And that you would have a higher feedback score if this happened.  Many buyers have said if eBay goes to that system, they will post the negative or neutral that they were kindly not posting previously, to be sure a seller that did not deserve a positive, in their mind, would not get one.   They may not have been very happy with the transaction, but they reserve negative or neutral feedback for the most egregious situations.  So in reality, you could find your percentage actually going down if this idea were implemented.  

Best to leave it voluntary, never ask for feedback, and don't force buyers to post what you may not want to receive, I think.

Message 64 of 115
latest reply

@cjrcp wrote:

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Many sellers like to receive good feedback, including myself.

Sellers who are doing things which help the seller's sales and profits try to avoid doing things that cause some customers to be displeased.  The idea is that customers who are displeased leave more low ratings and bad feedback than customers who are NOT displeased.

Concerning feedback for buyers, here are some FACTS:

1.  More buyers are displeased by a seller who does not leave feedback unless the buyer has left feedback than the number of buyers who are displeased by the seller leaving feedback first.

2.  More buyers are displeased by a seller who asks for feedback than the buyers who are displeased by the seller not asking for feedback.

3.  A seller will receive SLIGHTLY more feedback by always leaving feedback soon after the buyer pays, according to eBay's research.

4.  More buyers would leave feedback if more sellers left feedback for every customer.

Message 65 of 115
latest reply

I agree with you. I always leave feedback when I've been paid, and I always tell them when the coin gets shipped, usually the next day. I ask them to please leave me feedback when they receive it, thus letting me know it arrived.
They don't.
I can't figure them out. If I leave feedback for them, thanking them for the quick pay & smooth transaction, you'd think they could leave me feedback after they receive the item.
But then, I grew up in a different world, where everyone treated everyone the same.
Message 66 of 115
latest reply

Roger that
Message 67 of 115
latest reply

I agree that it should be left as a 100% voluntary thing to do. As a seller I usually wait to leave feedback until I see that the package was delivered, then I leave feedback. As a Buyer I try to leave feedback as soon as I receive the item and it is ok, usually a day or two after receiving, but I will admit that there has been a couple of times that I just forgot to leave FB as a buyer and I do like that ebay will send me a reminder. I am leaving this as my opinion as everyone has the right to have an opinion, but I HATE the name calling and childish remarks left by some people. I have looked here to find answers to some minor problems I have encountered but it sucks to have to read through the **bleep** to find any real answers to problems. Thank you for reading my post which, right or wrong, is my opinion!

Message 68 of 115
latest reply

@hazwoper01

@hazwoper01 wrote:

Just because a buyer paid does NOT make it a successful transaction, that is only step one.

You have lost packages, and other shipping issues,  false INR.

Returns for buyers remorse.

SNAD when it is not.

30 day MBG, no questions asked.

So just paying, is not the end of the transaction.

Message 69 of 115
latest reply

I've been on Facebook since 2000, I have a low score, 700 but 100%. I buy more than I sell, though it's about 1/3 in sales  in the past but only a couple recently, but those never left feedback. I'd estimate I would have 60 more score if I had gotten everyone to leave feedback over the years. Like right now I have two sales that have not left feedback, one over two weeks, one more recently, and statistically it shows on feedback I haven't sold anything in over 6 months . I've also had things I purchased not leave me feedback on the purchase either. I do notice that when I buy from a high numbered sale person, the second I leave feedback they leave feedback, like it's an autofill task or something.  It would be nice if everyone followed thru, but we don't live in a perfect world.  I get frustrated more by the way Facebook has slowed down and the pop up ads, and suggestions of what to buy based upon what I purchased or looked at. Thing is I usually don't repeat purchase something, it is specific things as I go.

Message 70 of 115
latest reply

This is good. I left eBay a few years ago. My feedback rating was a true indication of my business practices. I'm back now. I've sold a couple of item so far and had the same concern mentioned here. After reading most posts regarding feedback these day, I've decided I don't give a rats ass if I get any or not. My buyers get a good deal no matter what. If not, I don't want their money anyway. I'll shoot it back with a smile. I know what I'm doing. I treat buyers like I would expect to be treated. So feedback is a none issue I see.

Thanks everyone. This was quick and perfectly informative.

Message 71 of 115
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should never post feedback, until the buyer does. That's what I do!
Message 72 of 115
latest reply

My thoughts exactly. I leave feedback on a sale as soon as I print the shipping label. I also enclose a packing slip telling them I have left them positive feedback for them and request that they leave feedback for me. Usually no feedback is left. I have also tried to hold back feedback for buyers until I get feedback or hold back feedback and follow up with a request. Nothing works.
Just the nature of the beast and a indication our current society. I call them "I-me's"; what's in it for ME and I can do what ever I want.
Message 73 of 115
latest reply

@len1042 wrote:
Usually no feedback is left. I have also tried to hold back feedback for buyers until I get feedback or hold back feedback and follow up with a request. Nothing works.
Just the nature of the beast and a indication our current society. I call them "I-me's"; what's in it for ME and I can do what ever I want.

You've received 371 and left 396. That's a phenomenally good return rate, but you still think you "usually" don't get feedback. I don't think your buyers are the problem.

Message 74 of 115
latest reply

I was also frustrated with buyers not leaving feedback so I only leave feedback after I receive feedback. It is voluntary but maybe EBAY should calculate completed transactions.
Message 75 of 115
latest reply