cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

@mkiispit8bu6 wrote:

OK, correct me if I am wrong. I am of the understanding that Feedback is and always has been a foundational premise of how trust is established on ebay.

Also that a sellers rating determines such things as reduced fees

So the better the rating the less you pay in fees 

Wrong.

Twice.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 46 of 115
latest reply

Dude, you have a ZERO rating. What do you know? All opinion, and a bad attitude too.

Message 47 of 115
latest reply

@mkiispit8bu6

@mkiispit8bu6 wrote:

Yet another immature response. Your rating effects your sales whether you wish to admit it or not.

Poor monkey boy... ebay says my selling limit is.....

5.8 MILLION A MONTH...

What kind of aircraft do you fly ?

Perhaps we can do business...

I have a rating for a Lear 23...

And Sock Monkey Dave... 

That is my pen name.

Just ask "Red Sonia"

Feed back is about as important as a flea on my dogs rear end.

My sales are only affected by the items that I sell.

And I don't sell yard sale rejects.

Now if you need a Cessna 421 it's just a mill and a half.

Put your money on the table and fly it off the lot.

Feed back.... snort..... lol   I got your FB, right here....

oops.... don't poke a monkey with a sharp stick.

I still get a thrill when my FB goes up.

But most of us get 30 to 50 percent, but it's all good.

Message 48 of 115
latest reply

OK, then EDUCATE ME. Back up your attitude with some factual information. If you can.

Message 49 of 115
latest reply

If you are so professional then why do you find it so difficult to conduct yourself in a manner which reflects the level of maturity that you claim to posses? You excel at being sarcastic but not much else. I put forth a valid idea but instead of discussing it in an intelligent manner you want to be sarcastic. You should go to facebook where you can be among other intellectual miscreants.
Message 50 of 115
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

I have a rating for a Lear 23...

My rating is for a 12" balsa fixed wing wood powered by a rubber band and plastic propeller.  No cargo or passengers though.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 51 of 115
latest reply

After skiming through this I found no solution to my problem.  Only a lot of whiners and Trolls.  I don't need the feedback rating as mine is very high with 100% rating.  I would like to know my item "arrived safe" "well packed" "a pleasure to do business with".  No feedback is almost like the transaction is lost in the wind.  I'm mainly a buyer and a small time seller.  I ALWAYS leave feedback on my purchases.  It would be nice if my buyers did too.  I don't have time or feel right to ask for it.  I have seen eBay send reminders, but I guess this is not enought for some buyers.  One person commented you should get one after two months, he wanted his rating increased.  I would be ok with that, but only a nuetral.  Ebay needs a better way to either enforce feedback or not rely on it at all.  I had a neg that I diputed because the customer did not read the auction and eBay would not stand behind me and would not remove it.  I had to wait a whole year to get my 100% back.  Sad thing was the auction was for less than $5.   FIX THIS EBAY!!

Message 52 of 115
latest reply

It is fixed, it always has, since it has always been voluntary

Message 53 of 115
latest reply

Glad to see I'm not alone - thought it was just me!  I don't ask for feedback, and tried both leaving feedback for my buyers immediately and also waiting for them to leave feedback before I leave theirs, and then leaving it anyway after about two weeks.  I ALWAYS leave feedback buying or selling.  I guess some people will, and some won't.  

Message 54 of 115
latest reply

I disagree with this. Sellers shouldn't have to ask buyers to leave them positive feedback. Its common sense. If you buy/order something off ebay and you get what you bought and the item is as described, take the time to say thank you! I tell you people are becoming more lazier in the world because of technology. It literally takes less than a minute to leave someone feed back

Message 55 of 115
latest reply

Here is the problem with this point of view for me. This sounds like the buyer saying I will only leave feedback when there is a problem. As long as everything is ok I don't need to say anything. Im not going to reward the good that someone does but I will punish the bad. It works both ways, I often ship my items the same day I get paid so my buyers get their items extremely fast. I am a single dad. I take time out of my busy schedule to do this. So when I don't get a thanks for the fast shipping or I got the item today thank you, its does get frustrating. Especially when you know that same person will take the time to leave a negative feedback when something is wrong

Message 56 of 115
latest reply

Feedback is not a "thank you"; it is a rating of the transaction. For buyers, it's also totally meaningless since a buyer can only receive positive feedback.

For sellers, it's not terribly important since eBay no longer uses it to evaluate sellers. Also, sellers who don't receive feedback for a transaction shouldn't assume it would have been positive; maybe the buyer was giving you a break. I've had several transactions where I posted nothing instead of neg or neutral.
Message 57 of 115
latest reply

Of the last 18 items i've sold, I have only received one feedback. I have just noticed this new trend of not leaving feedback recently. It only takes a few seconds to leave feedback and is the polite thing to do.

Message 58 of 115
latest reply

@sellingsondra wrote:

Of the last 18 items i've sold, I have only received one feedback. I have just noticed this new trend of not leaving feedback recently. It only takes a few seconds to leave feedback and is the polite thing to do.

You've received 433 and left 430.

In the past year, you've received 31 and left 39.

I don't see a problem.

Message 59 of 115
latest reply

I am very frustrated for  the same reason. Ones who do not leave feedback in a certain amount of time should lose one . I have sold so much on here and my score barely moves. Not due to bad experiences so I don't worry about bad feed back. Even if it is bad feed back, at this point it would be better then none at all. I would at least learn from any mistakes I might be making.. I am pretty confident it's due to buyers just not taking the time .  I have written and suggested to ebay so many times on this subject. Course their concern or lack of  is just as frustrating.. 

Message 60 of 115
latest reply